Awoo.

Sonic Forces Reviews Thread

Apollo Chungus

8 minutes ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

Johnny isn't THAT big of a modern fan in general.

Well if it weren't for the control he'd probably like Sonic Heroes. He'd still hate some things, but that was just the deal breaker. Though he gets some enjoyment out of Sonic's gameplay in 06. Just Sonic and that's it.

He also likes Colors and Generations. Not Lost World though. 

• Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

I don't really watch his Sonic videos in general. Even when he does the ones he loves, he doesn't say anything interesting I haven't heard anyone gush about before. Same with Kingdom Hearts. 

I love his more obscure game reviews though...

So why did you make some bs claim if you don't watch his sonic vids?:/

• Chuckle 2

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

He liked Gens a lot and puts it as one of his favorite sonic games, and recommends it a lot along with the classics 

Generations is very different. It has Classic Sonic with it as a gimmick. Still isn't a big fan of the modern era lol.

Just now, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

Generations is very different. It has Classic Sonic with it as a gimmick. Still isn't a big fan of the modern era lol.

Pretty sure he loved Modern in that game?

Preferring Classic doesn't even mean much. I have preferences and ideals when it comes to Sonic (still waiting for something like SA1 again), but I still consider myself more of an all-around fan.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 2

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Pretty sure he did too. Hell I believe he gave the whole game a 9/10 back when he used to give scores.

1 hour ago, Plasme said:

No, it's fine for someone to want Sonic's shitty friends to be gone when they are shitty in the game.

You aren't going to think "how can I make these shitty friends a little less shitty", you think, "let's get rid of these shitty friends that ruin the game".

Disney-Seeker-Droid_Big_2.jpg

We have found a critic spy! 

Really, what you’ve brought up is fairly reasonable, but he should have at least mentioned why he thinks they’re irredeemable.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

Preferring Classic doesn't even mean much. I have preferences and ideals when it comes to Sonic (still waiting for something like SA1 again), but I still consider myself more of an all-around fan.

Same here. I am much more of a fan of the 3D potential. I love Sonic stuff in the adventure titles but they need more fleshing out. I just got tired of boost mainly because after playing Sonic Mania, I changed. Didn't like being given instant speed, nor enemies being complete cardboard jokes. I don't hate Generations now, but Mania kinda made my tastes change. I still play Generations with the awesome Tails mod.

Just now, KHCast said:

Johnny lies about a lot of things....

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So why did you make some bs claim if you don't watch his sonic vids?:/

I said he wasn't a big fan of the modern era. The modern ear consist of a shit ton of games. I don't remember him loving a whole lot of them at all except for a few. Didn't say he never liked individual games form that era.

I still love boost and think it has more potential than people give it credit for, but I'd prefer it as a side thing rather than "Main Games." I've especially been feeling that since not only playing Mania, but replaying SA1 and SA2.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, KHCast said:

Jesus Christ are we really doing this?

I'm joking dude:P

I love Johnny. A lovable teddybear is what he is. Can't hate the guy..

I still love boost and think it has more potential than people give it credit for, but I'd prefer it as a side thing rather than "Main Games." I've especially been feeling that since not only playing Mania, but replaying SA1 and SA2.

Budget wise, can they make the boost games "side things"?

1 minute ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

I'm joking dude:P

I love Johnny. A lovable teddybear is what he is. Can't hate the guy..

I dunno man, I don't like the way he wears hats in doors

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Budget and staff-wise, they can't afford to make two stylea of 3D Sonic games at once.

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

that's how they started

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

I dunno man, I don't like the way he wears hats in doors

Budget and staff-wise, they can't afford to make two stylea of 3D Sonic games at once.

I think he just wears the hats indoors for the sake of his Youtube persona. Kinda like Nostalgia Critic or Linkara.

Just now, Josh said:

that's how they started

But those were 2D though. I think the question was whether it's monetarily feasible to make full 3D boost games on the side.

It kinda was a side thing...Technically..."World Adventure" was the main title of Unleashed in Japan. It was a sub-series that was going to be Adventure 3 but changed due to the game having so many new ideas in Sonic's gameplay. It basically refines many parts of SA2 while adding in elements from SA and mixing it all up with some of the classic design (level memorization/2D and exploration).

World Adventure I don't think, was intended to be the MAIN gameplay focus in the series. Hashimoto did speak about further titles like Adventure but he quit Sega so we might never see something like that for a long time. Shame....

At this point a 6 or a 7 is going to be considered a breath of fresh air for this game, good grief

I was expecting low scores, but not this low overall...

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a very dated formula which has shown no signs of improvement from 6 years ago, which in itself couldn't do much to improve on the Unleashed stages.

The boost gameplay is starting to show its age more, but for some reason they've made Sonic control worse. And Sonic Team decided to use a team with no previous Sonic experience to create very bland and boring design. The style was fun in Generations, but it's quite literally forced out all over here.

The graphics are the only thing this game has going for it. And that it started bringing back other playable characters again.

Forces feels like nothing has been learnt since the Heroes - Sonic '06 era.

Edit: Generations was a game with love and creativity put into it, and would happily place it above most, if not all, the 3D Sonic games. I have very little to no interest to play this.

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

What's wrong with gameplay overall? People like unleashed daytime and colors, generations....

I just beat it an hour ago and i'm gonna give you this.

I loved all of the Modern Sonic's Since Unleashed, Lost World was at least playable but Forces seems to have taken the worst aspects of Lost World's Psychics. Modern/Avatar feels so clunky, the lack of a drift system has thrown me off lanes during Metropolis more than i can psychically accept it. 

Classic Sonic is pretty much crap, He served no purpose to the story and his inclusion is really hap hazard.

The Game felt like it played itself most of the time, It was pretty much a Interactive Movie and it sucks,  I think the highlights were most of Metropolis and The final Modern Stage. But yeah Forces isn't 06 or anything, it just lacks everything. Plus the game literally just "Ends" there's no resolution. 

Plus they based the game from Lost World, That really explains all of my problems in Movements.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

I'm not. It's just those people are far louder than those who like the game and respect others who don't. If ya went through the Rise of Lyric train, you'd probably recognize the same arguments from there as well as result are pretty much happening again.

Oh I've been there. And sadly you're coming off as the vice versa counterpart to them. What's disappointing is that in response to me acknowledging that people can very appreciate this game while acknowledging its flaws, you felt the need to come quoting it about some other band of people as if to use to strip positive fan reception.

It's also just distasteful and annoying, like if you reminded someone who noted that fans are negative "Well there have been people who attacked folk who like the game". It's common knowledge that such people exist. Bringing it up in the context you did, just seems to be trying to fan the flames.

And for the record, a lot of the quotes you used were pre-release anyway. WHat's that got to do with fans speaking positively of the game after its release? Are you going to next suggest that they were peer pressured into doing it? There really was no point trying to drag it down like that.

• Thumbs Up 2