Awoo.

So, the reason why Infinite became evil...

nilesdobbs

Just want remind everyone the DLC didn't explain where shadow was, during the entire time his identity was being stolen by a literal Shadow clone jutsu

I like the idea of villainous animals  and mercs in Sonic's world, it's a better idea than the millennia old monsters of the past.  But man, Sonic Team couldnt even implement that idea right.  You'd think after promoting Infinite in the later trailers so much, you'd think there would be atleast some effort. Instead we got a non-character who might as well not exist in the game after the first hour.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think we're just gonna have to live with the fact that most even remotely good ideas that Sonic Team comes up with are going to be executed poorly.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why was Infinity Jackal so scared of Dark Sonic?

He got hit 3 times and wasn't even really damaged.

It's not like Dark Sonic beat him brutally or tortured him.

9 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Maybe Shadow messed up his face.

11 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

He used his trigger word:

Weak.

• Chuckle 3

14 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

This series is not going to show visible wounds on its characters. It never has, and it probably never will. You could say the same thing about Sonic's beatdown from Eggman's Fiendish Five.

That, and he was really insecure about his lack of strength.

46 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Maybe Infinite was going to go into Null Space with you in the original version?

I would love to know how many original versions of Forces are in Sega's file cabinets.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Count Mario said:

This series is not going to show visible wounds on its characters. It never has, and it probably never will. You could say the same thing about Sonic's beatdown from the Sinister Six.

They were willing to show a damaged Sonic in Black Knight, I'm pretty certain they're just lazy...not even any dirt scratches. 

3 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

They were willing to show a damaged Sonic in Black Knight, I'm pretty certain they're just lazy...not even any dirt scratches. 

Yes.. but that was 2D art. It's a bit harder when it comes to in-game models.

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Wasn't that only in one of those handdrawn-esque cutscenes? I doubt they will ever show it on their actual 3D models, probably out of a mix of modeling issues/laziness and not wanting to fully commit to the supposed seriousness they want to convey. Sonic didn't even have any visible wounds from being killed by Mephiles, but that has the excuse of obviously needing to be censored.

It has nothing to do with modeling...it can literally just be a texture of a scratches or dirt on the body. Anything that doesn't actually affect the model.

Even in Black Knight it wasn't more than just a few dark spots on him to indicate a bruise.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

It has nothing to do with modeling...it can literally just be a texture of a scratches or dirt on the body. Anything that doesn't actually affect the model.

Even in Black Knight it wasn't more than just a few dark spots on him to indicate a bruise.

Well, my good sir, have you considered that it would only have hurt if he let it?

• Chuckle 4

2 hours ago, SonicLegends said:

DIFaX7EXoAAh0Mh.jpg:large

Whatever happened to this here?

2 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

I think that’s just concept art, but it does look awesome and I wish it was in the final game somewhere. Reminds me of the Undertale final boss actually (the dimensional space colours!).

Just gonna say this...you won't have to look very far.

You might just have to do a "double boost" a few times before you see it for a few seconds.

2 hours ago, Count Mario said:

This series is not going to show visible wounds on its characters. It never has, and it probably never will. You could say the same thing about Sonic's beatdown from Eggman's Fiendish Five.

That, and he was really insecure about his lack of strength.

They did in the ShtH CGI opening.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

Infinite was already evil. He was a hired mercenary working for Eggman. Again, he accepted money from a known supervillain to - presumably - kill people.

He was already not a good person. What ultimately motivated him to put on a mask and become Infinite was his own hurt pride, not any sympathetic backstory or tragedy to speak of. He's a jerk who become an even bigger jerk, and nothing deeper than that.

This alone makes him a very, very dark villain, one with no saving graces. They could have even gone farther in his brutality and sadism if they were so inclined.

I wish Infinite murdered all of the Sonic characters to prove how evil and brutal he is.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

Just now, Miragnarok said:

This alone makes him a very, very dark villain, one with no saving graces. They could have even gone farther in his brutality and sadism if they were so inclined.

But it also makes him a very flat villain.

Does he have any motivation aside from greed and/or pride? Is that seriously it?

Is our choice of antagonists really limited to a brooding petulant whiner and an off-brand, downplayed, sedated version of Eggman? What a disappointment all of this turned out to be.

• Thumbs Up 3

55 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Is Infinite the Broly of Sonic?

He seems more like the Jackal (Fist of the North Star) of Sonic. Or even like Devil’s Rebirth. He could even be similar to Fleetway’s Chaos.

25 minutes ago, Count Mario said:

Good point, but that was full CGI.

It being CGI doesn't matter, not even back then.