Awoo.

where will sonic team go from here

A sonic fan

so after sonic forces's mediocre reception what do you think sonic team will do next.

note i said think as in what do you think sonic team will do not what u want them to do.

What I want them to do: Get it together and hire some more experienced level designers that know how to make a game fun and interesting.

what I think they will do: Make a straight up 2d boost game in the vein of the rush games and cling to nostalgia as their gimmick.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 2

I think that the next game or one of the next few games will take place in Classic's timeline now that Classic and Modern are different people. Especially so considering the great reviews Mania got. There must have been a reason that they put Classic Sonic in another dimension / timeline / world as Modern.

Well, what are their possibilities?
- Abuse the linear boost + 2D formula even more: high probability
- Try something that's actually proper 3D again: low possibility
- Go completely 2D: maybe

I honestly hope SEGA looks at Super Mario Odyssey and more or less orders Sonic Team to study that thing

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

I think they’ll simply stop. Maybe try to farm out an Adventure equivalent of Sonic 4, or do something really weird akin to Lost World. But they might try to move on to other IP, perhaps even new ones.

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

I think they’ll simply stop. Maybe try to farm out an Adventure equivalent of Sonic 4, or do something really weird akin to Lost World. But they might try to move on to other IP, perhaps even new ones.

I don't think a company will just 'stop' milking one of their cash cows. It really has to be doing very awful in order to make that decision, and I don't think Sonic is there yet.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think sega needs to make a open world sonic game or a remaster of sa1 and sa2 it needs to happen please sega for the love of god

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Framerate said:

I think sega needs to make a open world sonic game or a remaster of sa1 and sa2 it needs to happen please sega for the love of god

Oh god no, these guys would mess up a simple remaster as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I assume they're going to drink themselves depressed after the reception that Forces gets and get ready to hear the next wacky adventure the heads of Sega have in store for them.

I dunno. Make another game? Hopefully Samba de Amigo for the Switch as Nakamura hinted at but its also likely to be something Sonic-related.

I don't know if its maybe too early to make judgements given that we haven't seen Sonic Team react to the reception of Forces yet and so its hard to gauge if Forces will affect anything, and if so what, in the future?

I mean we could look at past stuff but Sonic Team is really too unpredictable for it to be much of value.

When Activision said "no" to a modern-setting CoD, Infinity Ward made a prototype behind their backs. Activision was so impressed that they gave them the go-ahead. If Sega is the party forcing them to do stupid shit, they need to pull something like that. But based on what we've heard, Sonic Team are the ones at fault. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

1 minute ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

When Activision said "no" to a modern-setting CoD, Infinity Ward made a prototype behind their backs. Activision was so impressed that they gave them the go-ahead. If Sega is the party forcing them to do stupid shit, they need to pull something like that. But based on what we've heard, Sonic Team are the ones at fault. 

I'm fairly certain SEGA is the one 'ordering' these games, not Sonic Team making them just because they enjoy it so much and are so good at it.

2 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

I'm fairly certain SEGA is the one 'ordering' these games, not Sonic Team making them just because they enjoy it so much and are so good at it.

Didn't Sega literally facepalm when Sonic Team showed them their Avatar: The Game concept? Plus Sega weren't the ones who ordered one-minute stages, that I can promise you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Didn't Sega literally facepalm when Sonic Team showed them their Avatar: The Game concept? Plus Sega weren't the ones who ordered one-minute stages, that I can promise you. 

Maybe you're right, I don't know. But if they didn't like the avatar concept, why did they aprove it in any form? And maybe the short stages are also the result of the cut/low budget.

11 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Sonic Team AND Sega of Japan showed the western branches of Sega the game.

• Thumbs Up 4

Great I’m never gonna get my dream sonic game I wished this did well becuase of the avatar like I really want the avatar too return and now this fanbase is killing the hedgehog so I’m sticking with mlp this fanbase was shit and will always be shit so enjoy killing off your franchis 

• Chuckle 2

Just now, Razule said:

Sonic Team AND Sega of Japan showed the western branches of Sega the game.

Oh. Well fuck them both. 

6 minutes ago, Framerate said:

Great I’m never gonna get my dream sonic game I wished this did well becuase of the avatar like I really want the avatar too return and now this fanbase is killing the hedgehog so I’m sticking with mlp this fanbase was shit and will always be shit so enjoy killing off your franchis 

Enjoy the strike, then.  It will make you 20% less cool but that's what happens when you get all dramatic over a game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 5

12 minutes ago, Framerate said:

Yeah, the fanbase

Cuz we make the games right

Cuz us alone are able to support the games right

Because we contribute to the Metascore right

This logic is just juvenile, man.. it is not our fault when these things happen. We're all along for the ride.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

Yeah, the fanbase

Cuz we make the games right

Cuz us alone are able to support the games right

Because we contribute to the Metascore right

This logic is just juvenile, man.. it is not our fault when these things happen. We're all along for the ride.

I wish we make the games, cuz at this point the only thing to count on is the fans.  Sure there are plenty of 2D fan games but finished 3D ones are a rarity that is needed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok maybe I’m getting too dramatic let me see what forces is about I’m hoping it’s a good game so far looks positive also sonic looks like he controls very well I don’t know I’m gonna see for my self

• Fist Bump 1