Awoo.

Sonic Forces Avatar Sharing/Discussion Thread

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

Just started out earlier today and I haven't been able to get too far due to issues with the PC version, so I don't have much.

But I still tried to make something weird with what I do have and ended up making something strangely kinda cool instead. lol

Here's my guy.

zydg0og.jpgsbRsKH4.jpg

Even looks good with the Persona 5 suit.

qrFOvs8.jpg2GSYFGa.jpg

Full Gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/UBjdP

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Well uh, the game certainly was something. But I do like character creators and while it wasn't much, I tried to pull off a little something, myself. Edge for lifeHazzjSe1R2WryWEDRa1pgQ.png

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

Ladies and gentlemen, my second avatar. Brian Griffin!

I kinda wish I did the storyline with him XD

received_10159534148495162.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5

THEY ARE RAGE. 

BRUTAL. WITHOUT MERCY.

BUT YOU

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ7jpZDVN2u

YOU WILL BE WORSE.

RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT'S DONE.

Fuck yes I love the Avatar.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_oz4mzxuwtH1rhnd8ro5_1280.jpg
 I originally wanted to make Amy as a character, but the team behind this game tried too hard to make replicas of fan favorite characters impossible, due to the limited selection of heads and faces. I decided to go ahead and make what I’d think a daughter of Sonic and Amy would look like. (Keep in mind that this isn’t her final design.) I’m thinking of naming her Anna the Hedgehog. Let’s just say she pulled a Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening, and went back in time to save her parents and the world, how about that? 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

tumblr_oz4mzxuwtH1rhnd8ro5_1280.jpg
 I originally wanted to make Amy as a character, but the team behind this game tried too hard to make replicas of fan favorite characters impossible, due to the limited selection of heads and faces. I decided to go ahead and make what I’d think a daughter of Sonic and Amy would look like. (Keep in mind that this isn’t her final design.) I’m thinking of naming her Anna the Hedgehog. Let’s just say she pulled a Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening, and went back in time to save her parents and the world, how about that? 

Intriguing. Maybe she teams up with Silver. 

tumblr_oz4o7gDQ3E1rhnd8ro1_1280.jpg

Imagine if Sonic and Amy had a moody teenage daughter, and how outraged he'd be to see her come home wearing a Shadow t-shirt. 

Aw hell, why not?

Haven't recreated anyone yet, but here's my main two so far:

aflxiPj.jpg

A male sea green dog I used for the main story playthrough, reminds me of the Rookie from the comic.

eMNinWa.jpg

And a light blue girl bunny, with recolored Amy boots and spiky hair lol. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

(This was originally part of the OP for a duplicate thread I made without checking properly where I typed a bunch of my thoughts on the avatar creation too, figured I'd leave them since I typed it all out lol.  The two posts between Zaysho and me below - if they remain - were regarding this incident.)

Overall I wasn't hugely excited for the avatar creation, but my interest picked up as I played and unlocked more and more bits and pieces for them.  I found myself frequently dipping into the avatar customisation screen between stages just to try on new stuff.  My biggest critique was definitely the mouths though - they don't just look bad - they don't look like Sonic characters.  I really don't understand why they made them so jarringly huge compared to the main cast.  What's ridiculous there is that the face options are very limited as is, which made me figure "well, clearly they didn't have a huge budget for creating the flexible animation required for a custom character" but even then, some of the facial expressions the Avatar pulls in cut-scenes look terrible despite these limitations, it's lame.  Again, along these same lines, it's a shame the head types/ear/"hair"styles are all so short and close to the head, again clearly for animation purposes.  Just another thing that makes the Avatar look a little out-of-place with the rest of the cast.

Other than that, I kinda wish there were just 3 or so bodyshape options too, slender like a modern character, portly like a classic character, and then maybe a masculine (think Boom Knuckles but not so extreme) and feminine one too (somewhere between Amy and Rouge the Bat lol).  Having said this, considering how completely inoffensive the characters are anatomically speaking, it is annoying that female characters HAVE to wear a bodysuit, often it can be hard to find one that doesn't clash with their main bodywear for the aesthetic you want.

Anyway, all this aside, this is the Avatar I played through the story with the first time:

oM6gIn.png

At the time I made her it was pretty much just a case of "this is the only combination of parts I don't somehow hate... and from 3/4 view I can pretend she has a normal Sonic side-mouth", but it's weird how playing through the game as her and seeing her in cut-scenes and gradually giving her a more unified wardrobe made me warm to her as the hero who helped Sonic in my personal canon of the storyline.

Though it did make me laugh that, unintentionally, just through choosing what appealed to me, I made a blue-haired character with what resembles a twin-tail haircut, which... also describes my PSO2 character.  I have a type, huh.

Since you have to reach Rank 30 with all animal types to get all the achievements, I've made two more avatars since but I'll save them for another post.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Just got this time record. 

DON0lyAVQAE0eGU.jpg

I'm 2nd place globally, just behind a Japanese player. 

I accidentally changed my victory pose when it should be type 7.

• Promotion 1

So has anyone gotten Sonic's SOAP shoes yet? I did last night and I have to admit. I love them.

and now my personal Avatars

tumblr_oz5z38OsPN1s2ypolo1_400.pngtumblr_oz5z38OsPN1s2ypolo2_400.pngtumblr_oz5z38OsPN1s2ypolo3_500.pngtumblr_oz6400UM2R1s2ypolo1_400.pngtumblr_oz6400UM2R1s2ypolo2_400.pngtumblr_oz6400UM2R1s2ypolo3_400.pngtumblr_oz6400UM2R1s2ypolo4_400.png

Torque the Grizzly, Ardor the Cardinal, Drag the Coyote, Slide the Sea Slug, Violet the Tenrec, Darby the Poodle, and Griffe the Cat.

Violet and Drag obviously use the hedgehog and wolf bodytypes but they're what I say they are so nyah.

Slide is obviously the rabbit body type, so she's not "really" a sea slug, but I managed to make it work close enough. She's based off these things.

Darby uses the female Dog body type for the ears/hair, but the character concept is a guy. I love that the creator is as gender neutral as it is for clothing and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 11/7/2017 at 10:19 PM, Xenos said:

Well uh, the game certainly was something. But I do like character creators and while it wasn't much, I tried to pull off a little something, myself. Edge for lifeHazzjSe1R2WryWEDRa1pgQ.png

This is the character the game gave me for my first Red SOS mission XD.

DOFvBtLX4AEZY4c.jpg On my side this is Falcon, my main avatar. DOGMdNUW0AAzbVC.jpgFollowed by Jordan the Armadillo, DOGS9ZcXcAAJJHI.jpg Umbra the Hedghog,DOGTExmXUAExwG0.jpgHolly from STCO, DOGTgIoW4AEOQ1F.jpgWilma White, DOGTyShX0AA8iic.jpgDarla, and DOGUL0gW0AA5UuK.jpgPhage acolyte Perua.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

DOOo08FW4AAYRef.jpg

Here's my first Avatar, Ryan the Rabbit. I like that the bodysuits can create the illusion of pants.

• Fist Bump 1

Returning from the grave to post a couple of characters I made. First one is an unnamed cat girl who turned out a lot better than I thought.

DOPMbR3VAAI5CUW.jpg:large

The second is the prototype rabbit design, which I am VERY pleased with.

DOMmGn_VQAAYmDo.jpg:large

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

unknown.png?width=876&height=493

unknown.png

image.thumb.png.5db17826c88100c101e2ae653e4c6327.png

These are my OCs. They all have names:
Mirage the Hedgehog (a rebellious renegade), Scarlet the Cat (a mercenary for hire, also a crime fighter), Zandu the Bear (an escaped criminal who is borderline insane, but for the time being has the same goal as the heroes), Luna the Lopine (a magical girl), Enigma the Bandit (self explanitory, also he's a wolf in game but lol I don't like wolves), Yen the Keaton (A trickster and a gambler, also it's a dog in game but I don't like dogs so lol), and Skye the Bird (She's actually a military jet pilot and CQC fighter. If you wanted to know which specific bird, she's a blue jay- you can tell she's one of my faves since I gave her three outfits).

I decided all my OCs are on the same team, Team Phantom- they want to get the Phantom Ruby for themselves and use its powers for their own goals.

• Fist Bump 1