Awoo.

Radical Drive - Comic (And Some "Trailers")

RadicalLaRuby

A Holiday Rebirth, page 6. No scanner, so I have to get the most elaborate camera angle possible just to show these.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/13/2018 at 11:06 PM, MightyRay said:

You did a pretty good job with the photography! Nice work with the fire too!

Thank you very much. These photos will have to do for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to have to draw one of your OC's one day. They're all so badass!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, MightyRay said:

I'm going to have to draw one of your OC's one day. They're all so badass!

Thanks, feel free to. Plenty more that haven't been revealed yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first fully colored and shaded animation. 5 hours.....for a goddamned .25 second clip. I had to extend it to make it look longer lmao.

Can't wait to get better at this. Digital art is kind of a pain in the ass, especially with layers and trying to remember color settings.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Cow character. Exploring outside the usual mammals in terms of designs. Dairyana Dieterry (or DeeDee) she is the host of a Dairy bar in the West, called "Le Chi Chi".

After going through some rewrites, safe to say it'd be hard for an animated series to be shown on television (not like I'd want it there considering how trash TV is these days) or even Netflix. This is due to the general content, which is much easier to pull off in comic format, unless I make my own website or something. I've always gravitated towards this art style because I'm a fan of vibrant colors and cute/attractive designs, but I've always wanted the stories and themes to reflect experiences in real life with an wacky/extreme front, certain things I'm not willing to censor just to appeal to a wide audience.

Unlike my high school self, I will not be expecting this to take off like like SOnic or DBZ or Naruto etc. It will not be a popular series given how niche this approach is (and generally these days media containing anthropomorphic creatures are ignorantly looked down upon as creepy or childish), but I am totally fine with it because at the end of the day, it's my story and I will have fun with it. See this sick twisted world until the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

I think the finished page of Raze (right) may be the final post here. Here is where the content will more or less  get disturbing. On the other hand, glad I finally perfected the portrayals of Ruby and Raze. Adorably chaotic.

I'm more active on Instagram (I exist on most platforms as RadicalLaRuby), since it's fared slightly better. Don't really do Youtube anymore, it sucks now. Warning for NSFW content moving forward.

Here it is, my final post. 2018 Halloween special:

That's the best place to contact me for now, Instagram. Follow at your own risk and take care.

• 1 year later...

Oh wow, this topic is still up?

Dunno what it is about Sonic that keeps me coming back to some part of it. I've been on and off with life and this comic (kind alike our favorite hedgehog's consistency rate), and the quality of my art suffers every now and then as a result lol. After some crazy adventures and newfound motivation, I'd like to continue working on this. I recently got back to the music and have finally finished the themes for one character, Raze. And a completed animation, though it's very brief.

This theme is in two parts. Due to strange circumstances, I made this beginning part after its "2nd" part was completed. The song was inspired by the Sonic 3 Miniboss theme and Noisy Noise, from "The World Ends with You". A bit of Streets of Rage as well since I've always vibed with pop and house.

You can hear the inspirations much easier here, since the other song was slowed down and altered. I'm sure we all know what Sonic 3 sounds like, but here is Noisy Noise:

I know it's kinda weird posting something so....edgy  on here (even for for a Sonic forum lol), and the story does get VERY wild. So if the content is too over the top, feel free to remove this post. Just thought if I'd share anywhere it'd be related to something that heavily inspired me.

I finally made a main theme. A bit of CD and Adventure 1 (a touch of Mega Man ZX) inspiration. Let me know what you hear in this track.