Awoo.

The Game Awards 2017

Radiant Hero Ike

It's that time again. The annual Game Awards showcase is coming back for its 3rd year.

They don't generally announce any huge games or anything, but there have been a few fun surprises in the past.

The nominees have been announced, if you'd like to start voting. Sonic Mania is a contender for Best Family Game, by the way.

http://thegameawards.com/awards/

Can't wait for some random dudes that have no corellation with video game industry to sing some bad rap songs again!

Always liked watching and laughing during these things.

Btw I guess I did my part - voted for Mania (that I really doubt will win cuz lolMario) and both Fire Emblems (Heroes is a pretty great mobile game, especially for a gacha. That's the only mobile game I spent more than a month on. Echoes is my GOTY, so...yeah)

• Fist Bump 1

• 4 weeks later...

What a weird cerimony: it felt better then the previous years' editions, yet you could still tell it was incredibly forced and at times very awkward (like when that poor Atar old lady had to be on stage and you could tell she was about to fall apart).
For the awards themselves, i can't complain; shame that Sonic Mania didn't make it even in the nominées, but the winners of almost all the awards are valid nontheless (and thank heavens PUBG hasn't won the GOTY award).

On the announcement hand, i'm both happy to have called this:

On 6/12/2017 at 1:40 AM, Teoskaven said:

I'm expecting Death Stranding news and Soul Calibur VI at the Game Awards from Dorito Pope, so that's why i didn't included them here.

And really surprised to see things like Bayonetta 3 announced and that Sony is finally ready to talk more and release about Dreams.
There's also the new game of From Software, but while i would be willing to call it Bloodborne 2, people seem divided due to the teaser, someone calling it Shadow Tower 3, others a new Tenchu. We'll see.

Also, that trailer of Death Stranding. So many questions (including "Where's the gameplay?").

I mean mania was a good title but to think it would have even come close to the games that actually won was like not going to happen