Awoo.

Sonic Forces: Trophy/Achievement Tips

Ryannumber1gamer

Since there seems to be quite a few people trying to grab the achievements for Forces and complete it 100% on here, I thought it might not be a bad idea to have a topic here that allows everyone to share tips about how to get the various achievements in this game. This is one of the longer, most grindy Sonic achievements to date, with having to destroy tons of enemies, grind seven avatars to make level, and more. Here's some random tips I've been using/discovered:

Unlimited XP Bonus: The idea here is that if you're on PS4, Switch and Xbox One where you can change the date/time of your console, you can use this to give yourself an extremely long XP bonus. Forces tracks the current date through your console as opposed to online connectivity and because of this, you can quickly use this to not only grind the 10 daily mission trophies, but you can use this to get S-Ranks easier and get your avatar levelled up quicker. The most effective is a glitch I accidentally discovered. Keep completing daily missions until you get a X3.0 bonus. When this happens, reset the date back to the regular date with the bonus active. You'll see that your 30 minute limit on your bonus has now extended back to however long you set the console back. For example, I had gotten 256 hours on my bonus by accident when my PS4 set the date back to normal itself. 

Ring Grinding: Most people have said that for grinding the insane 100,000 rings trophy, you should be running the Avatar's final stage - Stage 25, and using the Hover wisp. Not only does it make the level a complete cakewalk because you can fly over most obstacles, but you can easily gain 999 rings every two minutes by doing this.

Enemy Grinding: In my experience, I found Stage 7's tag team stage the best for this trophy because the game sets up a ton of enemies at the beginning to introduce the double boost mechanic. When you do this, just use Lightning to finish the level quickly and keep redoing until you get the trophy. 

Feel free to post any you've found here!

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Ring Grinding: Most people have said that for grinding the insane 100,000 rings trophy, you should be running the Avatar's final stage - Stage 25, and using the Hover wisp. Not only does it make the level a complete cakewalk because you can fly over most obstacles, but you can easily gain 999 rings every two minutes by doing this.

Fuck that. 

Stage 5. Prison Hall.

Wolf + Void wispon.

Spam the Void wispon all the stage.

You'll get 999 rings. If you reach 800 rings before you get to the sidestep section you can get to 999 there. 

The stage is 1:20 minutes long.

Repeat the stage 50 times. It's stupid. But it's efficient.

Fuck you SEGA never do achievements like that again.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

Thought I'd post my playthrough of the Stage 30 time-trial mission where you have to beat it with a time under 4:30:

Spoiler

I did it with a time of 3:52.70