Awoo.

new sonic forces DLC could be on the way

blueblur98

we could be getting some more DLC for sonic forces.
first of all, a date was found in the game's data. it's not a build date, as it's after the release of the game. this date is november 29th, 2017, speculated to be a release date for a second DLC pack in the vein of episode shadow.

also, in the game's digital manual, it is stated that DLC is planned for release 'shortly after the game's launch.' november 29th is shortly after november 7th/9th, so this makes sense.

what do you think it could be? episode tails/knuckles/silver/etc.? new avatar costumes? something like unleashed's DLC? super sonic? nothing?

• Thumbs Up 1

I’d love to see more character episodes, but I bet it’s gonna be Super Sonic. Maybe we’ll get an Episode Super? That’d be pretty cool :D

• Thumbs Up 3

Game needs a good Super fight honestly. Ending with another Colors boss rehash was lame as fuck. Especially since  lot of us joked that it would end likethat before release. Plus it would be nice to get some actual Infinite closure. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Not expecting it since I'm not sure where exactly it'd fit in the story, but a campaign for Super Sonic would be interesting. They'd likely reuse level geometry ala Episode Shadow's stages but eh, I don't mind that too much, it's kind of a pseudo Unleashed Hard Mode DLC. Hell, maybe they could go all out with that and made hard modes of every stage. Ideally you'd be able to complete each stage normally, but it's easier if you transform or something.

Only thing is, again, I'm not sure where it'd fit in the story, especially if both Sonics were included in it...

99% chance the next DLC is that Super Sonic. It'll be lovely if we have more DLC for Sonic Forces because it needs it.

Besides the Super Sonic DLC and some more items/clothes for the Avatar, I don't see them releasing more DLC for this game tbh. Hoping for Episode Knuckles either way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Come on SEGA you gave fucking Sonic Lost World not one, not two, but THREE FREE DLC levels. 

Why would you give Sonic Lost World free DLC but not your next """"""""""big game""""""""?????

• Thumbs Up 1

There are a couple of DLCs packs in the files, but nothing impressive.

The DLCs that haven't been released yet are the Super Sonic DLC and the Sanic shirt DLCs.

I don't see them releasing anything other than those two.

Just give us a proper Infinite final boss and Super Sonic/Shadow and a Chaos boss at some point and I'll be content.

But that'll never happen outside Super Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one that finds it a bit odd that they'd just...release Super Sonic? 

Like whether he's free or paid (please don't) it seems weird that you would download him and then yep just get 50 rings and transform. Every optional Super Sonic has had some sort of time and effort required to access so I'm hoping there'll be an extra bit of gameplay to earn him properly.

Although I get the feeling they're gonna retroactively make it so you need all the RSRs to unlock him, which won't mean much for a lot of us by the time he shows up since we'll long have since gotten them all.

Actually it seems bizzare that they went to the trouble of having three different collectibles per level yet none of them do squat except the RSRs unlocking some mini stages.

• Thumbs Up 4

Are there more or less than 7 unlockable secret levels? If so, how would the Chaos Emeralds be implemented into this game?

Man, this game really needs DLC and it needs it fast.

6 hours ago, McGroose said:

Just give us a proper Infinite final boss and Super Sonic/Shadow and a Chaos boss at some point and I'll be content.

But that'll never happen outside Super Sonic.

Won't happen. The listing for the soundtrack is out and his last cutscene is called Infinite's End.

Can't wait for an Episode Tails DLC where each stage is gonna consist of him crying for help and/or doing absolutely nothing.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3
  • Fist Bump 3

@Joy I agree. It’s almost like they forgot to put Super Sonic in the final game so they had to add him as DLC at the last minute. O_o 

I hope we get more than just Super Sonic(s) and..urgh, Sanic shirts. An Infinite boss battle with a proper send off would be great, but pretty sure that won’t happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hope its more than just replay old levels as super sonic, at least a true final battle to show us what really happened to eggman and infinite. 

Seeing as Shadow's stages were literally both of Avatar's (Park Avenue and Aqua Road) with edits to enemy placement and obstacles, I don't think any new DLC will be much larger than just remixing existing stages.

Playing as Silver with a proper boss fight against Infinite would be fun. He could also function like the Avatar with the Asteroid wispon if they need to (I see a re-use of Infinite's battle at Metropolis, only this time in Mystic Jungle) and then allow Silver to be playable as an alt for Avatar's stages. (Tag teams better have a Shadow/Silver toggle LOL)

Also an actual boss fight with Chaos would be nice. Maybe take the 2nd comic and he could be a boss in an Episode Knuckles?

• Thumbs Up 1

Or they could go the Genz route and ditch the game and move on. Leaving the game for the MODing community. Because Genz was literally the perfect game for extended DLC but got the bad end of the stick.

On 11/16/2017 at 1:34 PM, Patron said:

Won't happen. The listing for the soundtrack is out and his last cutscene is called Infinite's End.

The track for that could be called Infinite: New Beginning or Infinite Ressurected.

But it's not. We have the track list. If any post-game content were already planned, it would be referenced here because music for it would already be done. I suppose they could use existing music - maybe use Infinite's actual theme during the boss fight, but that's really grasping at straws when all signs point to just Super Sonic and some other minor stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

Yeah I always ask what happened to eggman did he blow up with the 3 phase of the death egg robot? Or did he stay with the phase 1 robot since it does not show eggman at all after phase 3. As for infinite  a battle as super sonic himself or the avatar when I first saw infinite I though he was mostly was going To go after the avatar the whole game.  Classic sonic did not even fight him either  since they were 3 playable characters.

2 hours ago, Gold knight said:

Yeah I always ask what happened to eggman did he blow up with the 3 phase of the death egg robot? Or did he stay with the phase 1 robot since it does not show eggman at all after phase 3. As for infinite  a battle as super sonic himself or the avatar when I first saw infinite I though he was mostly was going To go after the avatar the whole game.  Classic sonic did not even fight him either  since they were 3 playable characters.

It doesn't matter , its all canon anyway

Ya know. We don't even know how to properly unlock Super Sonic(s). He was added via DLC. Plus the game has been out a few weeks. I highly doubt we are going to get real DLC.