Awoo.

SONIC FORCES SSMB SING-A-LONG - Completed!

Polkadi~☆

Definitely want in on Fist Bump if I can find a good opportunity to record ^^ I might record Light of Hope too but I barely know that song so it depends on how long it takes me to learn the lyrics ^^ As for Infinite's Theme, I'd love to record it but I'm not sure my voice is right for it. Maybe I'll give it a go and if it doesn't work out then no big deal ^^

12 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

I've been promoting the revival of this idea for a long time, so obviously i'm compelled to be a part of it. Since Forces is relatively new though i'll take a bit to learn the songs better (the lyrics seem to be simple enough, but from what i see it's the tempo the real bitch in some lines). Hopefully my contribution will be decent enough.
Will try to do all 3, but for now i have a bit of doubts on Fist Bump. Will see, i should have some results already today.

Learning the lyrics while listening to the songs with vocals helps with both learning lyrics quicker and adjusting to the tempo ^^ Also when it comes to recording you could try having the instrumentals playing quietly through earphones so you know you're in time with the music ^^

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Shiroi said:

Definitely want in on Fist Bump if I can find a good opportunity to record ^^ I might record Light of Hope too but I barely know that song so it depends on how long it takes me to learn the lyrics ^^ As for Infinite's Theme, I'd love to record it but I'm not sure my voice is right for it. Maybe I'll give it a go and if it doesn't work out then no big deal ^^

Learning the lyrics while listening to the songs with vocals helps with both learning lyrics quicker and adjusting to the tempo ^^ Also when it comes to recording you could try having the instrumentals playing quietly through earphones so you know you're in time with the music ^^

I hear ya on learning the songs well enough in time. 

Thankfully,  the materials you mentioned are all made conveniently accessible thanks to Polk here:

On 11/18/2017 at 2:30 PM, Polkadi said:

-> SUBMISSION FILES HERE (146 MB) <--
Files contain:

Three songs, FLAC
Lyrics to all three songs

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Shiroi said:

If I do end up recording Infinite's theme can I record the rap and vocals in separate files? There's some overlap at times ^^

Sure can!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sure can!

Great! Should have Fist Bump and Infinite’s Theme recorded and uploaded tomorrow ^^ I’m away from Thursday until past the deadline so unless I can learn Light of Hope by the end of today I’ll sit that one out ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I thought I made a post announcing it? Huh.

Deadline has been extended, y'all! Hope that gives y'all enough time to get your submissions in.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Thanks for moving the deadline! I did get some recording done but I kind of want to re-record a couple of things that I very likely won't be able to today or the rest of the week ^^

Surprisingly the one recording I am proud of is the rap part for Infinite's Theme! I still don't think my voice quite suits rapping but I don't sound as bad as I thought I would lol

It would appear I have some memorizing to do. I'm going to try to do infinite and fist bump definitely infinite for sure

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

So did my submission fit within the guidelines?

They're good, mate, don't fret :thumbsup_tone1:

Infinite's Theme makes Infinite sound like a moustache-twirling villain, and I love it, haha!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh gee, I managed to get something done for the "Fist Bump", but I noticed few things;

First, it took some rehearsing to get rid of the "sneer-laughs", aftereffects of singing about one last fistbump. I just can't help it, our ministers had some bro-fist performing problems way back then... it just made the whole "knuckles clicking" pretty funny for me. :D Politics ruin everything it touches I suppose.

I might've killed few whales while recording, my falsetto was pretty bad in first rehearsal takes, as in no melodic and too earraping bad. I managed to tone it down eventually, especially after I got the pacing memorised and was able to do the recording with the given FLAC version. I got the melody about right with no singer forcing me out of my scale.

I tried to do it with a lower tone but that ended up sounding just too hammy, I couldn't stand posting it. It's kind of too bad it's funny but still... (With my wannabe-"book-Brittish" accent it was a double-effective, would've sounded just horrible if I'd have a really thick Finnish accent, somehow I've evolved past that one though.)

The last version ended becoming "close enough", I missed one word but I hope it doesn't matter, right? Pretty please? Is it allright? I need to know beforehand since I really hate to go back into something I already consider done.

This all made me realise why I liked singing songs from The Police anyway, I get that kind of high note easier than should be legal... man my speaking voice sounds nothing like this.

Is this high even legally allowed outside Cantores Minores or something?

This all though made me think how awesome it would sound if some people could make an a cappella choir cover of "His World", with a full 4 types of singers. Has somebody already done this? :huh:

Gee I needed to leap through some hoops for getting the .rar open and .flac playing... I'm happy I still got that trusty old loan-Ubuntu around. :D

Anyway, I'll post the file(s) whenever I decide whether I'm ready enough, within the given time of course. I'm still thinking about trying that "the Light of Hope" one, "Infinite"'s just too hard for me in overall. In no way can I fit my voice in that song for such a short warning time.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ok dude, got Fist Bump and Infinite for you (my voice can't do Light of Hope, I tried hard but kept wailing like a cat)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k6xWZUcNoePM9Zdarp_ztNvP4KM_hQUC/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zBWeroMapnTLbe9owuSmPKPmP52b5dE7/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if thats okay.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

It's another sing-a-long for the Sonic Stadium, but to something rather more recent. This is the SONIC FORCES SSMB SING-A-LONG event, where we'll be singing to three vocal themes from the new Sonic Forces! How does the sing-a-long work? Simple: Get the instrumentals supplied, sing over them, and send your vocals here. Then your vocals are added to the finished result. Easy, right?! These three songs below are what you can sing along to. You don't have to sing them all, but you can if you want.

latest?cb=20171108084934INTRODUCING:
INFINITE (SHORT VER.)
THE LIGHT OF HOPE
FIST BUMP

SUBMISSIONS OPEN:
18TH NOVEMBER - 30TH NOVEMBER

With the instrumentals and lyrics supplied at the bottom, you can go on and make your contribution, but there are rules to go with this event. Please follow them, or you will not be included in the finished result.

RULES:latest?cb=20171108085827

1. Please send your vocal track separate from the base track. If your contribution contains the base track, you'll have to do it again.

2. Do not add any silly or forum rule-breaking comments in your track, let's please try not to vandalise the music. Every contribution will be checked for them. Silly voices might fly, if they aren't too obtrusive. Otherwise, you'll have to do it again.

3. Recommended you use a service like clyp.it, Mediafire or Google Drive to send your contribution, then send the link here. Can't risk having your vocals removed before I get my hands on it, can we? These are the best ways to do it. Otherwise, use your preferred service at your own risk.

4. Don't take the instrumentals for yourself. Just don't. Please.

Standard SSMB rules also apply.

FAQs

Reveal hidden contents

Q: Do I have to do every song?
A: No, just those you want to do. Take your pick!

Q: I sing terribly! Is that a problem?
A: It's all in good fun, just put in your best effort.

Q: What file format do I send my submission in?
A: If it's an audio format, it's fine.

Q: Do I send my submissions song by song if I do multiple songs?
A: You can, but I prefer you send them as one. Makes it easier for me.

Q: What audio software do I use?
A: If you want my suggestion, go for Audacity. But anything you've got on hand is fine.

And thanks to help from the Motobug crew, the final result will be streamed on Motobug for all to see and enjoy, which will also be it's premiere before dropping here. I suggest coming by to see!
It will be streamed a week after the due date, on Saturday, 2nd of December 3PM EST / 8PM GMT!

Oh boy, we're on the first of the three final days left. A few clarification questions:

1. Is the deadline tied to like, the end of November 30th, midnight EST?
  2.  Can we record and submit several different pitches of our renditions of songs?
  3. In regards to stuff like the "Theme of Infinite" song where the rap overlaps with the song, do the separate recordings need to e merged in our submission or can they be submitted separately?
  4. Can we do a little anything extra like a "Whoo" here, a little extra sounds or is this just to pretty much be to the letter on the lyrics?
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Oh boy, we're on the first of the three final days left. A few clarification questions:

1. Is the deadline tied to like, the end of November 30th, midnight EST?
  2.  Can we record and submit several different pitches of our renditions of songs?
  3. In regards to stuff like the "Theme of Infinite" song where the rap overlaps with the song, do the separate recordings need to e merged in our submission or can they be submitted separately?
  4. Can we do a little anything extra like a "Whoo" here, a little extra sounds or is this just to pretty much be to the letter on the lyrics?

1. Yes. November 30th 12am EST is the end date.

2. If you so choose to, but I will only use one of them.

3. The choice is yours, I never really had any specific rules for that one.

4. Sure, go ahead.

• Fist Bump 1

Um, I have a tiiny thing to ask; what if I'm extremely shy about my voice? :blink:

I really don't mind if there's like millions of other voices, but the idea of someone random person outside the forum starting to net-harass my singing isn't really appealling as an idea.

Yeah, I think I'm a tad bit neurotic in some thigs, but well, is there any way to put the links in here so that only the forum members see them? :huh:

11 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

my voice can't do Light of Hope, I tried hard but kept wailing like a cat

At least your voice didn't kill few whales when you tried to do "Fist Bump". ^_^ Mine might've.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Um, I have a tiiny thing to ask; what if I'm extremely shy about my voice? :blink:

I really don't mind if there's like millions of other voices, but the idea of someone random person outside the forum starting to net-harass my singing isn't really appealling as an idea.

Yeah, I think I'm a tad bit neurotic in some thigs, but well, is there any way to put the links in here so that only the forum members see them? :huh:

You can shoot me a PM, no one else will see it. And I promise, I won't harrass you for your singing, it goes against the fun of this event!

1 minute ago, Polkadi said:

You can shoot me a PM, no one else will see it. And I promise, I won't harrass you for your singing, it goes against the fun of this event!

Thanks a lot, you're a lifesaver! :lol:

I can believe that, if you'd do stuff like that who'd take part in any of the upcoming events, unless there's a sudden wave of newcomers who don't have a clue. :P

Really, I have hard time believing any member on the forums would do it, but random lurkers of the interwebs kind of scare me. Again, thanks a lot! :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

20 hours ago, Polkadi said:

. Yes. November 30th 12am EST is the end date.

Oh...I assumed the end of November 30th EST was the due date, not the start of it.