Awoo.

Sonic Forces & Puyo Puyo Tetris Physical Bundle Coming To Nintendo Switch in Europe Jan 5th 2018

PickleBrows

81PDr3RTHeL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B077DCRZGK/

This is remarkably quick for these two to be part of a bundle already, especially given that Forces is only out a couple weeks so far!

It seems pretty decent to me honestly, I still need to get Puyo Puyo Tetris so if this bundle isn't too much more expensive than that on it's own I might well go for it even if I wasn't planning on double dipping for Forces. A portable version won't hurt anyway!

• Nice Smile 1

How long will it take for a post on Forces' quality to show up?

Anyways, two of Sonic Team's games on the Switch in an easy package! Kinda curious it suddenly shows up, what's that all about?

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 2

This is kind of surprising, especially considering that it was not SEGA but infact Deep Silver that published the physical release of PPT in Europe. This has to have been in the pipeline for a few months considering how Forces itself is only two weeks old at this point.

SEGA'S strategy with Forces is pretty confusing. It's clearly their big Sonic title, with the impression of being a big AAA release. But they've put so little energy into it and are now going down the budget bundle pack after already launching it well below standard RRP. With the not unsubstantiated rumour that "something happened" during the development of the game, it's short development time and small team of staff inexperienced work the series, I wonder if SEGA had a total about face and decided that Forces wasn't to be the big, hard-hitting new instalment it may have one day been intended to be.

As it stands, I only have the digital release of PPT but would like a physical copy heat because such a thing exists. Maybe I'll pick this up?

• Thumbs Up 2

Smart move.  The writing is already on the wall for Forces's sales, so bundling it up with something else might net them a few more purchases from people who were otherwise iffy.

I wonder why this is a thing. It's pretty unusual, and as @Blue Blood said their strategy is confusing.

Forces has been in full development for roughly a year, which means that the overall budget shouldn't be too high, the almost absent marketing for the first few months seems to point to that too.

I wonder if Puyo Puyo will help sell more copies of the game?

50€ doesn't sound like a good deal though, Forces is already going to be discounted at almost half the price during this black friday, so you could probably get both games at a lower price than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Detective Kaito said:

I only see 1 hit in this pack.

On a more serious note, this is not a bad deal.

Yeah, who cares about Puyo Puyo?

Why didn't they make a pack with Mania and Forces? Would make more sense than this.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Yeah, who cares about Puyo Puyo?

Why didn't they make a pack with Mania and Forces? Would make more sense than this.

Probably because Mania sold very well and they would lose money with the bundle?

I am not sure, maybe boundling it with a phsyical Mania release would be more interesting and end up helping Forces aswell?

• Thumbs Up 3

59 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

As it stands, I only have the digital release of PPT but would like a physical copy heat because such a thing exists. Maybe I'll pick this up?

Be careful, I wouldn't put it past them to just be distributing regular Sonic Forces cartridges here with a download code for Puyo Tetris included.  Would certainly be the most sensible option from their perspective, to be fair.

A physical combo pack of Mania and Forces wouldn't be a bad idea though on the basis that it'd prolly do a better job of getting kids into classic Sonic than simply including Classic Sonic in Forces did.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Fist Bump 1

Just now, JezMM said:

Be careful, I wouldn't put it past them to just be distributing regular Sonic Forces cartridges here with a download code for Puyo Tetris included.  Would certainly be the most sensible option from their perspective, to be fair.

That would make sense, especially if they have unsold copies of Forces laying around in their storage. It would be an easier way to sell them.

People are assuming this is about forces but it's more likely that they're getting rid of puyo puyo tetris stock by pairing it with a sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmm... Sounds like that Deep Silver produced too much stock of Sonic Forces and wanted it to bundle with a lesser known game that might have some unsold stock somewhere. Either that or its a custom made bundle in short supply for one country. It's nothing too out of the ordinary even though it is the first time that it has happened on the Switch and perhaps the first time this generation, not sure whether the PS4 got a bundle pack somewhere.

Besides bundle packs have been around for a long time, sometimes literally random games from different companies and really used to be common on the PC as well as the home computers. Some have even been bundled for charity reasons, I think Sega Superstars Tennis was one of them. It's like a compilation except that each disc/cartridge/tape is included rather than put together into one. It's another way of either clearing stock or to promote a best seller.

2 hours ago, JezMM said:

Considering that the box art of Puyo Puyo Tetris can be seen at the back, it's probably safe to say that it is coming with both games or even a Sega like move that Puyo is included while Forces is the code.

I thought Puyo Puyo Tetris only had a digital release (I somehow didn't notice the retail box in that very picture lol), that's why I assumed they were getting rid of Forces leftovers.

Might be the opposite, or both of those things then.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, my earlier post was also made on the assumption that Puyo only had a digital release.  I guess the fact that my only personal experience with it was the downloadable demo was what biased me towards that idea.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is an excellent game. It's a lot of fun, has a great one-player campaign, and has an addictively fun multiplayer mode. It's affordable too, so I'd absolutely recommend buying it - but as a standalone release, rather than as part of this bundle. The game alone is a mere $30 on the eshop, which to me is a far better deal than the bundle, which is roughly twice as much.

• Thumbs Up 1