Awoo.

Was the Avatar supposed to be Boom Sonic?

RetrospectGreg

I noticed that the Avatar contains similar kinds of moves to Boom Sonic such as the use of the grappling hook and some of the guns attack like Boom Sonic would... I don't think it's been officially confirmed, but is it possible?

• Thumbs Up 1

From what I heard, the Avatar was planned by SoJ from the beginning; however there are similarities like the ones you've mentioned, the Avatar being taller than Modern Sonic, and

the Death Egg Robot's similar design to Lyric.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dont remember where i read it, but wasn't there originally supposed to be a final battle were Infinite was too powerful to defeat that they needed the help of more sonics and end up merging to one giant sonic made of light?

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, darkfist_flames said:

I dont remember where i read it, but wasn't there originally supposed to be a final battle were Infinite was too powerful to defeat that they needed the help of more sonics and end up merging to one giant sonic made of light?

voltronic the hedgehog

My guess is that the original concept (which keep in mind, would of been thought of around the time of RoL) was to use all 3 hogs, but they killed the idea and replaced it with something else when RoL came out and Boom Sonic became the new object of hatred in the fanbase.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, darkfist_flames said:

This sounds like fan fiction.

It certainly seems that way, what with the grappling hook mechanic and the fact that my Avatar is way taller than Sonic and co. But this could’ve been an idea that was very early in development, before 2016 even. We know that was the year when they did the Avatar presentation to SoE and SoA.

Remember that Anniversary picture with the three Sonic’s running through Green Hill with the cubes flying around? I can’t find the picture right now but I think it was posted back in 2015. Maybe this was a hint to their next game, before the Avatar concept came in.

• Thumbs Up 4