Awoo.

Sonic Forces 2: A possible Sequel (Game Idea)

GuardianJohnITA

I'd rather want a Unleashed sequel but with a new twist that's not Werehog type boredom. Also dump the Avatar thing, it's been used, we don't want more of it. Keep the next game all 3D, boost or not, but limit the boost to sections where it actually helps your play, no more automated gameplay and straight corridors. So, no Forces "2", please. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Forces 2 definitely will need to have a GOOD reason to exist. While something like Rush or Adventure had a pretty vague concept, Forces has a pretty well-established war theme, and I just don't see how Sega could expand the idea. Maybe give us an interdimensional team-up of Eggman and Nega, that'd be pretty cool.

But, if Forces 2 is to happen, then here are my ideas for it.

-Playable Characters: SCREW. THE. AVATAR. Sure, it was a neat "One-Game-Gimmick", kinda like the Werehog, but I sure as heck don't want it back in it's original state. If Sega can't deliver us proper character customization, then they should just map the different wispons and abilities to REAL characters (For example: give, say Amy the Cube Hammer. Amy uses a hammer and she's a part of the resistance. Makes sense). Not only will the player NOT be able to breeze through the game using the Flamethrower, but it would also fix the "The resistance are useless cutscene morons" problem. 

As for Sonic, and boost-type characters in general: I would make the boost a little more contained, or make the levels actually longer, to have a kinda reverse-SLW thing: Lost World has short levels, but because Sonic is incredibly slow, the levels actually feel pretty long, while Forces 2 on the other hand will have a fast Sonic blast through long as hell stages, but because Sonic is so fast and awesome, the stages actually don't feel that awfully long. 

As for Classic: Well... There's no point for him to BE in the sequel. He returned to his Whitehead dimension, and he should stay there. 

-Villains: To me, Forces didn't feel like an epic war between the united good and the united evil that it positioned itself as. It was more "The resistance vs Eggman and Infinite and a bunch of fake villains, who worked for Eggman before" kinda deal. How would I fix it? Simple, really. First, I would actually like these villains to play more into the gameplay and story. Shadow and Chaos in Forces didn't even get that, may I remind you. Second, I would have more villains in general, real or fake, whatever. Infinite can create ANYTHING he wants, so why not bring Sonic's most evil enemies back? (I'm pretty sure that Erazor Djinn, Mephiles, Black Doom or Merlina do exist in some form in the Sonic universe, and even if they don't, Infinite brought back Chaos, who, may I remind you was sealed into heaven in SA1) Or better yet, make Sonic face the foes that HE never fought, like Lyric, Witchcart or Battle Kukku XVI with his bird army. Then it'd actually feel like a proper fight between good and evil, rather than Eggman taking the same old foes back under his control.

-Story.

I dunno, Eggman realizes that after his takeover of the world he completely forgot about the Chaos Emeralds, and that if he actually used THOSE alongside the Phantom Ruby, then he would be completely indestructible (May I remind you that the ruby GOT INTO modern's universe with the help of the Chaos Emeralds). He restores Infinite and asks him to create more "Allies". Then, he attacks Angel Island, and overpowers Knuckles, taking the Master Emerald with him. Then, he once again defeats Sonic and puts the resistance under his command (Kinda like in Black Knight, where Sonic's friends served the bad guy at first) and begins his search for the emeralds. However, Sonic somehow stays alive and begins to fight back alongside Tails and Amy, who are still loyal to him, and begins to return his resistance friends back from Eggman's command, to combine the forces of good in the final battle against the forces of Eggman. 

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Legionizing whoever gets caught, leaving only Tails and Amy as you mentioned. Brilliant.

I would personally like for more comic characters to come out, villain or friend.

It would be that he would save his friends one by one, sorta how he did it in Generations, minus Tails and Amy. And make. them. playable. For crying out loud! And then the rescued characters join them in their hideout and there will be fights that they can fight themselves.

2 minutes ago, jgcatindig said:

I would personally like for more comic characters to come out, villain or friend.

Eh, I don't think it'd be possible now. Sally and the entirety of Archie are now gone forever, and the new characters from the IDW comics would probably put off the Japanese audience, who don't even know that IDW comics exist.

Not to mention that Penders pretty much took all the good villains from Archie AND grabbed the Nocturnus clan along with him. What a bastard.

SONIC ILLUSIONS

Story:

The Ruby... wasn't destroyed. That was only a mere copy of itself. Or should I say, HIMself. The Ruby is really a powered down form of an ancient monster known as Phantor, who came from another universe, and was created to help civilization with his powers. However, his powers corrupted him, and began destroying everything around him. The wizards who created him sealed him into his ruby form, and sent him into Nullspace. After sometime, he got just enough power to make it into another universe, thus kickstarting the events of Mania. While he was in nullspace at the end of Mania, he went and destroyed his home universe, in a way not unlike how Unicron ate Lithone, before he made it to Modern Eggman's doorstep. After Forces, he was full, so full of power, that he broke out of his crystal cell, and created the Phantomites, his minions who will stop at nothing to mutilate their target. The Resistance discovered this, and started up their systems. Along the way, Sonic discovered the Rookie's corpse. The phantomites had eaten him/her through, and left him/her to rot. So Sonic and his friends eventually make it to The Phantom Fortress, where Phantor lies. Sonic becomes Super Sonic for the final battle with Phantor if you have the emeralds. Then this song plays:

Phantor is defeated, and his head floats around in Nullspace, again, not unlike Unicron.

Gameplay: A nice mix of Adventure and Boost. You can play as others, and not just Sonic.

Notes: I left in that note about the dead Rookie so no one would get pissed off that I wanted the Rookie back, to which I didn't.

• Promotion 1

Actually, after Sonic Forces and the Super Sonic paid (and later cancelled) DLC, a sequel to Forces 2 is something I might expect from Sega. 

No. Just no.

We don't need a 'jack of all trades' game like Forces again, which ultimately ends up being a jack of no trades, and disappoints all the fans in the process.

Nah no sequel , the story was a nice idea and i had fun with it. But leave it as a stand alone story. Lets move on.

• Thumbs Up 1