Awoo.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (2018, PS4/Xbox One/Switch) "Once more, unto the breach"

Teoskaven

Since noone has posted it yet.
https://gematsu.com/2017/11/valkyria-chronicles-4-announced-ps4-xbox-one-switch

After whatever the hell Valkyria Revolution was, the dev team at SEGA has finally decided to get a hold of themselves and make an official new main-numbered chapter in the franchise, this time trying going back to the roots while epanding the gameplay at the same time (like with battle doggos, yai).
The more groundbreaking thing though it's that it's a multiconsole game, coming also for the Xbox One (although this version will be avauble only in tyhe west) and very surprisingly for the Nintendo Switch.
The Ps4 version however will get minor bonus stuff. No news of a PC version yet, but it's clearly bound to happen in the future

Seems convincing so far: what about you?
-still hoping of HD ports of 2 and 3 as well in the future though-

• Thumbs Up 3

Loved the first game even though I never finished it. This is the game that's making me want to go out and buy a Switch right now.

Spoiler

also I couldn't care less whether this comes to PC since Sega of Europe can get bent

Valkyria Revolution was the definition of fixing something that wasn't broke.

I'm stoked that the Steam release and the HD Remaster of Valkyria Chron 1 did its job though. I remember a lot of positive press back when it launched about how it was killing it on Steam, So I guess this forth installment is proof that it handled its business across the board.

This is truly a remarkable series and its great to see them getting back to what made it good. Shoot, if they give me a Val Chron 1 clone with the quality of life and system enhancements of 2 and 3, then the game is already golden.

I am already drooling over this.

side not - Does this mean Chronicles 3 will get localized? As of right now the only way to play it in english is to download a rom fan hack.