Awoo.

Sanic T-Shirt DLC

Razule

It’s a stupid meme I’ve hated since it existed but I honestly don’t care either since it’s entirely cosmetic and doesn’t effect the game so whatever.

Less memes, more past game references next time.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

latest?cb=20150118001436

Well, here's the list of customizable DLC that would've been better than this:

• Colour Changer for Clothing Options (As in getting to choose the colours of your character's items) 
  • Additional Hair-Styles
  • Character Facial Customization (Example: Changing the body size of the character, eye placement, eyebrow placement, makeup and face paint options - Dragon Ball Xenoverse does a lot of this for example)
  • Additional Eye styles (A lot of notable Sonic ones missing, including the iconic one massive eye option Sonic himself has)
  • Additional species- Echidna, Fox, Bat 
  • Additional avatar creator slots 
  • Allowing multiple pieces of equipment from one category (For example, being able to wear a jacket and a backpack together) 
  • Proper clothing packs expanding on new items - For example, there isn't many hoodies or even formal clothing options in the game. 
  • Character Costumes - We have incomplete costumes for Boom Sonic, Amy, Eggman, Sonic etc. Why not complete them?
  • LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE THAT ISN'T A STUPID AND DATED MEME.

I have a better idea:

-that being in the actual games

But the issue about the echidnas being an option is that they're extinct. And this isn't a what-if game, this is canon.. maybe

I'm practically shocked we don't have a "Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3" shirt,"Gotta go Fast" shirt, or "& Knuckles/Knuckles The Enchilada" shirt.. Complete the old how do ya do fellow kids memes. But really it's harmless. Also free too. So nothing to really be bothered by. At least it ain't paid DLC or Lootboxes. It's just there if ya want it or not. Nor does it affect the game in anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

While I'm all up for a good meme, I'd much rather a developer focus on making a game that's good over putting in things like this. I know making a shirt model like that probably takes about an hour or something, but it's a matter of having skewed priorities. Something like goat simulator that's supposed to be dumb for the sake of a joke is fine, but giving us jokes in a proper game over giving us good content is just stupid.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care one way or the other about it being in the game when there are shit loads of customization options anyway. I do think holding something like this back as some sort of special DLC is a bit ridiculous though. Like does this really excite anyone?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

latest?cb=20150118001436

Well, here's the list of customizable DLC that would've been better than this:

• Colour Changer for Clothing Options (As in getting to choose the colours of your character's items) 
  • Additional Hair-Styles
  • Character Facial Customization (Example: Changing the body size of the character, eye placement, eyebrow placement, makeup and face paint options - Dragon Ball Xenoverse does a lot of this for example)
  • Additional Eye styles (A lot of notable Sonic ones missing, including the iconic one massive eye option Sonic himself has)
  • Additional species- Echidna, Fox, Bat 
  • Additional avatar creator slots 
  • Allowing multiple pieces of equipment from one category (For example, being able to wear a jacket and a backpack together) 
  • Proper clothing packs expanding on new items - For example, there isn't many hoodies or even formal clothing options in the game. 
  • Character Costumes - We have incomplete costumes for Boom Sonic, Amy, Eggman, Sonic etc. Why not complete them?
  • LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE THAT ISN'T A STUPID AND DATED MEME.

I still don't think it's fair to compare Forces' chacter creation to Xenoverse's.

Xenoverse's main idea was the avatar, Forces' wasnt't.

Maybe if we got the orginally planned Forces with the avatar as the main character it would've been better.

Or maybe we can get an RPG game based on it.

Meh. Sonic Mania did the same thing with the & Knuckles meme and it actually added something cool to the gameplay (along with an alternate ending).

Try again, Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the fact that SEGA would rather embrace the fact that the franchise is slowly becoming a joke than try to get the franchise away from the 'becoming a joke' territory speaks volumes of where they are at. But that's just me.

But I guess whatever it takes to keep the franchise relevant. Because the games themselves sure ain't doing that.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, even Archie Comics, as obsessed as it was with memes, avoided this one. Probably because it's meaning is 'hey look at Sonic looking terrible".

Personally, I kinda hate inserting memes all together, but here's the best case scenario: would a person who doesn't know the meme find it the reference weird or confusing (like IDK, Vector yelling 'find the computer room' for seemingly no reason).

In Mania, it works. Whenever you know the meme or not, it's funny to see Knuckles running alongside Knuckles. The meme is a base for a joke, no joke on its own (which would unfunny anyway).

In Forces, newcomers will be confused. And some veterans like me will growl angrily.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fucking hate this meme so much.

And why are we getting this dumb t shirt before Super Sonic of all things?? That annoys me more than the dumb meme actually.

• Thumbs Up 1

This was a good meme the first time I heard it, but now it's just embarrassing. This being dlc is really pathetic.

Super Sonic being dlc is kind of lame, but it's not as if Forces needs Super Sonic. The boost is already broken enough as it is. 

3 hours ago, isCasted said:

& Knuckles meme being embraced in Mania is funny, because:

1) The meme is based on SEGA's past "mistake" of naming a game in a silly way, which makes it self-aware;

2) Mania actually contributes to the meme by making a special ending for Knuckles & Knuckles mode, where the whole adventure turns out to be a tale retold by Knuckles. It gives some extra personality to Knuckles, even if it's still technically breaking a 4th wall.

Inclusion of Sanic and Mt.Fuji is just incredibly lazy and forced (man, these puns just write themselves).

This.

The &Knuckles meme is affection from the fanbase for the name given to the second half of a brilliant game; Sonic 3 and for the hugely popular Echidna.

It's dumb, but inoffensive. Kinda like the "& Knuckles" meme that was included in the most recent Deus Ex game:

26skCOh.png

That being said I really hope this isn't a preview of Sonic's marketing team deciding to take a more "meme-happy" approach with future titles. Sanic is still a dumb, overused reference at the end of the day, and its implementation in Forces isn't anymore clever than someone going "Hey look guys! It's that meme you all know from the internet! We're self-aware now, so please stop laughing at us!"

Want to implement memes in a less shallow way, Sega? Look at Mania's "& Knuckles" mode for inspiration. That was amusing more so because of the absurdity behind it, not just because it was a basic reference.

• Thumbs Up 7

Sonic's social media presence is one of the few things the franchise can rest its cap on. If you can find a way to put a feather in that hat, you do it and push more people in that direction. The twitter account gets to post about it, watch the comment section explode and revel in the disproportionate amount of free press that will surely come from the tiny amount of work that went into it.

Whether I like the meme or not is mostly irrelevant. There is something to be said about realizing the synergy between the different branches of your franchise and capitalizing on them. I'm honestly surprised we didn't get more gag pieces of gear. This DLC should have included an &Knuckles hoodie and one of those Sonic hats we got with the pre-order bonus from Colors.

"We want fans to ask... Why!"

Yeah... it's... kinda funny I guess on social media.

But please. Not in the thing I may eventually pay money for.

• Chuckle 1

23 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

I'm practically shocked we don't have a "Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3" shirt,"Gotta go Fast" shirt, or "& Knuckles/Knuckles The Enchilada" shirt.. Complete the old how do ya do fellow kids memes. But really it's harmless. Also free too. So nothing to really be bothered by. At least it ain't paid DLC or Lootboxes. It's just there if ya want it or not. Nor does it affect the game in anyway.

And then Eggette dress, and Pingas shirt, and coldsteel’s pants, and Grand Ma and Harry Potter Obama color schemes for Sanic shirt.