Awoo.

My Hero Academia: One's Justice (PS4, Switch)

Radiant Hero Ike

My current favorite anime is getting its own home console fighting game.

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/hero-academia-ones-justice-announced-ps4-switch

MHA-Ones-Justice-Scan-Init_11-30-17_001-

MHA-Ones-Justice-Scan-Init_11-30-17_002.

Not much is known about it, but I'm personally hoping it's like the Naruto Storm games. A trailer will debut during Jump Festa, which is on the 16th-17th of December. I'm pretty excited and I hope it gets localized.

I wonder if they jumped the gun, though. There was a Bandai Namco teaser site for a game that appeared to be for something MHA related, but that wasn't supposed to be revealed until the 4th IIRC.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

10 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I wonder if they jumped the gun, though. There was a Bandai Namco teaser site for a game that appeared to be for something MHA related, but that wasn't supposed to be revealed until the 4th IIRC.

It's possible that the scan accidentaly leaked. It always happens.

As for the game, I'm honestly excited. I haven't watched the anime yet, this game might get me into watching it.

For the gameplay, I HOPE THERE'S NO CHARACTER CREATION. Dragon Ball did it first, then Naruto just steals that. Attack on Titan as well. Maybe a Naruto Storm gameplay style with the Xenoverse HUD would be great.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've only played the demos of the Ultimate Storm games, but I hope this does something that's much better than that.

2 hours ago, DiamondX said:

It's possible that the scan accidentaly leaked. It always happens.

As for the game, I'm honestly excited. I haven't watched the anime yet, this game might get me into watching it.

For the gameplay, I HOPE THERE'S NO CHARACTER CREATION. Dragon Ball did it first, then Naruto just steals that. Attack on Titan as well. Maybe a Naruto Storm gameplay style with the Xenoverse HUD would be great.

Dragon Ball didn't invent character creators.

And creating a character in this would be cool.

• Nice Smile 1

23 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I've only played the demos of the Ultimate Storm games, but I hope this does something that's much better than that.

Dragon Ball didn't invent character creators.

And creating a character in this would be cool.

I'm not saying DB created it, but after XV2 every anima game is doing it now.

A MHA game coming with a character creator would be neat, more so than most other series, but I think with Quirks and how they work, I don't think it'd make much sense. And, to be honest, I'd much rather play as the actual characters.

Really interested in the roster, though. I'm guessing all of class 1A will show up, plus some of the better known heroes in the series and perhaps the League of Villains, Stain, and some of class 1B. This at least looks like it's taking place after season two of the anime (All-for-One is there in the second scan), so those seem like likely additions.

Figers crossed that if this is another arena style fighter it actually plays well. Getting kind of sick of the j-stars combat system and i'd love something more fluid and less spammy.

Came close to crying this morning over this. Finally we getting that console fighter we deserve. 

It'll probably go up to the Field Training arc (Stain)/End of Terms arc. Would be more ideal if it covered the upcoming season 3 events because more characters, but eh. 

Heck yeah! Hopefully it will be as faithfull to the manga/anime as the Naruto Storm series. I really wish they could keep the OST tho', that soundtrack give me life.

Being developed by not CC2 or Spike Chunsoft, but instead by Byking!

Byking has experience making arcade arena fighters such as Gunslinger Stratos, Rise of Incarnates, and Magicians DEAD.

Here's some gameplay of Gunslinger Stratos to hopefully give everyone an idea of what we *might* be getting with Hero Academia, or just to show developer Byking skills at an arena fighter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Additionally since the website has finally opened up, here's some screen shots and game design of Deku and Shigaraki.

fig_about.pngfig_special.png

bg_ch_h_01_3.jpgbg_ch_h_01_2.jpg

cp_ch_v_01.jpgcp_ch_v_02.jpg

DQLghwLVoAA6zUF.jpg:large

5ffaee383a0236ddce6a2dfb78d3f6cf1512401319_full.thumb.jpg.e493955271f0d1f41828c7ca4dae94a9.jpga6aedc036d61e59c384b221e1270c2531512401342_full.thumb.jpg.6a6282505c457ca93fabc3c8bcf3474e.jpgb7724d1627b548fe7d2486c0e3ed3e991512401297_full.thumb.jpg.b11f43475dd6f25ce71f4c8afe5b46d7.jpgd610950edef6e2545625f3467e7414eb1512401287_full.thumb.jpg.98cbbf1926fc68861b6a60c4f92d428f.jpg

Website has a hero and villain section for the characters, so Shigaraki probably won't be the only villain playable which is good and obvious.

Pretty sure that later this week when Shonen Jump combined issue 2/3 gets leaked later this week that it'll contain more information on the game (Since it's a Hero Academia centered issue), and Jump Festa starts on the 16th so expect the trailer then!

• Thumbs Up 1

Gematsu's translation of the site appears to imply that we're getting a teaser during Jump Festa, at least. Can't wait.

Looks like it's gonna play like the Naruto Storm games, which is... Okay I guess. Hopefully the game has a story mode with different gameplay/challenges types. Imagine playing yourself those trials -the bomb in the building, the race- like in the anime!! 

Artstyle is good enough, it's not as great as Naruto Storm 4, but it's not shitty like Xenoverse (God those glossy models are ugly).

• 2 weeks later...

Trailer on the Jump Festa stream just confirmed the game is using Unreal Engine 4! Trailer should be uploaded to Youtube soon. Didn't show gameplay, bit showed Deku and Shigaraki fighting each other. Will update when trailer is up. 

BAKUGO VS DEKU GAMEPLAY IS CURRENTLY SHOWING ON STREAM!!!!!

BAKUGO VS DEKU GAMEPLAY!!!!

ORIGINAL ART WORK! =)

oNE'S JUSTICE.png

Looks alright, it plays exactly how I'd expected. The arena looks small, the gameplay very spammy and the fight in the wall has already been made in Naruto Storm ages ago. They're gonna have to try harder.

At Jump Festa, the Bandai Producer was stressing that the game is still a work in progress and that Bakugo model looks rough because it's not finished. It seems this was made just to show up how the fighter would be like with the destructible areas as well. 

Namco Bandai has confirmed the game is coming to the West on PS4, Switch, XBOX One, and PC. So, everyone can join in!

tumblr_messaging_p1cl2fWwJu1t0jmsi_1280.

Well, we currently have a new scan released from WSJ. Confirms that Bakugo is playable (Which we already know), but also confirms a new location! The outside of U.A. being a field that we can fight at seems pretty cool, mostly with you being able to fight on the building and looks like you can crack the glass for more dynamic look during the fight. I really like the whole environmental destruction this game has going!

Scan translations by ShonenGamez

TranslatedBakugo-1.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, CD Sanic said:

I hope Tsuyu is playable

She almost definitely will.

Ashido should be, too, but I'm less sure about her. I'd love to skate/slide around with her acid.

I’m expecting all of Class 1-A to be playable.

....except Hagakure. :U

She’d be impossible considering it would be difficult to catch her in the destructive action of the game and her model would literally be a floating pair of gloves and shoes.

Yeah, I'm expecting the vast majority of Class 1-A to be playable in the game, too. Tsuyu 100% will be in the game. She's a fan favorite and was even playable in the Hero Academia 3DS fighter. Somewhat think that characters from season 3 will be playable and no manga exclusive characters, too. 

Website has updated with putting Bakugo under the Hero side. New screen shots!

bg_ch_h_02.jpg

cp_ch_h_02_2.jpgcp_ch_h_02_1.jpg

I'm feeling so impatient because I really want more character reveals and information on game modes/online, etc. lol

• Thumbs Up 1