Awoo.

Batman Ninja (CG Batman anime film, 2018) "Holy takoyaki, Batman!"

Teoskaven

Made a new topic because this is (for better or worse) not set in the DC Animated canon.

Sooo, remember when Marvel had a bunch of anime including that godawful thing about the Avengers being trapped into children's discount Bayblades?
Now apparently DC wants to do something similar by sending the Batfamily and some Gotham villains (lead by the Joker, obviously) in feudal Japan.

By all accounts, this should be godawful, but there is just something in this that attractys me and tells me it's not as bad as it can be; maybe it's the presentation, i dunno.
On the plus side, there seem to be competent people behind the project (Kill La Kill's Kazuki Nakashima as the writer and Afro Samurai's Takashi Okazaki as the character designer). We'll see how this goes, call me cautiosly optimistic.

-i swear, if the movie ends up with this time travel shenanigans being Darkseid going full troll, i'm gonna explode from laughter-

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

...I-I um... like it.

I like the idea of Batman not using all of his vehicles and futuristic weaspons for once.

EDIT: Wait a second, is that Okuyasu from JJBA voicing Joker?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy cow, that trailer was awesome!

I like a different unique take on the dark knight like this. This could be interesting.

Wow, this at the very least looks fucking immense. I hope they fully embrace the ridiculousness of the premise, because this could be a really fun story.

I'm not big on Elsworlds stories, so I'll probably be skipping this as well as the Gotham By Gaslight adaptation.  But I am interested in how two different movies based on an alternate time/location are being released in relatively close proximity.  I find Ninja Batman slightly more interesting, due to its (in my opinion only) superior animation and the actual setting being more interesting to me, but because I don't really care for the type of plot too much, I'll still probably give it a pass.

11 minutes ago, TheBlueGuardian said:

A Japanese Batman film?

This could get intresting.

Gotham Knight was a Japanese-made Batman film, though unlike this one, it was very much made with the English dub as its primary selling point (to the point where it's kind of dissonant with the art style at times).  Just saying it's not an entirely new concept.

5 hours ago, DiamondX said:

EDIT: Wait a second, is that Okuyasu from JJBA voicing Joker?!

Wataru Takagi, yeah, i thought at first he was voiced by Shigeru Chiba, but i guess they sound similar to each other.

I spy anime versions of Nightwing, Robin and either Red Hood or Red Robin during the part where Batman is drinking tea.

batmanninja.jpg

There's all of them, the Batfamily is practically at its full here: Robin is Damien, so i guess Red Robin is Tim Drake.

Over to the villain side, other than Joker there are Harley Quinn, Gorilla Grodd, Deadshot, the Penguin, Two-Face and i guess Poison Ivy. Shame Bane is not here, he could have been perfect for a beetle armour set.

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Poison Ivy

In an anime....well who else wants to call it? :U

Also, Batman's VA plays Beerus in Dragon Ball Super. 

Not sure if he played Batman before, but sounds really good.

Wow! That trailer was AWESOME!

Samurai Joker?! I'm fucking sold!

I don't know about everyone else, but after the Kung-Fu Batman animation (I forgot the actual name, sorry) they did on DC Nation I've always been interested in an asian themed Batman.

Sick of it always being Batman. I like Batman but his popularity is so toxic and always prevents anyone else at DC getting any real attention. That said I do like how this looks, just yeah, it's always bloody Batman.

On 12/1/2017 at 6:22 PM, Teoskaven said:

Sooo, remember when Marvel had a bunch of anime including that godawful thing about the Avengers being trapped into children's discount Bayblades?

Hey, Digimon Avengers was a pretty decent season of Digimon!

• 2 months later...

English release has been confirmed for April 24th (Digital) and May 8th (DVD/Blu-ray) in the US. Official trailer has also dropped:

Roger will be reprising Bats from Arkham Origins and the Batman Unlimited movies while Tony Hale will be voicing Mr. J. Full cast from the press release below:

Roger Craig Smith (Batman: Arkham Origins) and Tony Hale (Veep, Arrested Development) lead an impressive cast as the voices of Batman and the Joker, respectively. Grey Griffin (Scooby-Doo franchise) and Tara Strong (Batman: The Killing Joke) supply the voices of the antagonist & protagonist’s closest allies – Catwoman and Harley Quinn, respectively – while Fred Tatasciore (Family Guy) provides the gruff-yet-sophisticated tones of Gorilla Grodd, a villain who must team with Batman to achieve his own personal agenda. Other voice actors include Bat-family members Yuri Lowenthal (Ben 10: Omniverse) as Robin, Adam Croasdell (Reign) as Nightwing and Alfred, and Will Friedle (Boy Meets World) as Red Robin, and the Rogue’s gallery also features Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants) as Penguin and Eric Bauza (The Adventures of Puss in Boots) as Two-Face. Doing double duty is Tatasciore as Deathstroke, Strong as Poison Ivy, and Friedle as Red Hood.

I really don't like Roger's Batman in this.  It's weird how much he flip flops with me.  I love him in the Batman Unlimited movies, but dislike him in Arkham Origins and this.

Of course Fred Tatasciore had to be Grodd. Poor guy has been casted for every gruff bulky comic book characters in the past decade, lol
I'll watch both dubs when it comes out (all three if there's gonna be an italian one, we've been good in voicing anime and Batman cartoons, so this should be smooth).