Awoo.

Mega Man 30th Anniversary Livestream Announced (December 4th, 11AM-12PM PST)

Zippo

capcom-tgs-2017_09-07dxsoz.jpg

Capcom, along with the announcement of their TGS lineup, made it known that there will be Mega Man related announcements in a 45 minute panel on September 24th.

"14:20 to 15:05 – Mega Man‘s 30th Anniversary is Almost Here! Stage – In December, the Mega Man series will reach its 30th anniversary. As we look towards the nearly here memorial year, we’ll look back on the Mega Man titles released so far and deliver the latest 30th anniversary celebration information. Featuring Kazuhiro Tsuchiya (producer) and guests America Zarigani, Chocolat Ikeda, and Ayana."

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv305511505

Will be livestreamed on NicoNico.

Reminder that this was leaked awhile back:

DGsFl7VU0AAJr2i.jpg:large

I would not get excited in the least, but expect something there.

• Thumbs Up 1

At best, it will be something Classic related. So I can't say I'll particularly care.

At worst, it'll be base off of the cartoon or nothing at all, which would at least have an entertaining fallout. Still, I wouldn't actually wish that for the fans.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I seriously hope none of you are expecting anything out of this

Oh please, I'm expecting lots.

Lots of tears when it's announced that the Mega Man cartoon is the only thing that will be done for the anniversary.

• Chuckle 1

I really doubt it's the cartoon. It's not the sort of thing that the Japanese would have have interest in, I think.

I'm expecting nothing, but I'm bracing for the worst-case scenario: a fucking mobile game.

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

I seriously hope none of you are expecting anything out of this

I am

I'm expecting a capcom representative to walk on stage and say Mega Man is dead.

His 30th birthday gift was a mercy kill.

I'd like to know more about the cartoon since we still have fuck all to go off of, but I don't think this is the time for it.

At best we'll get a piece of artwork celebrating the series.

You'll get your lazy port of Mega Man 2 and 3 with sprite flickering and slowdown, and like it.

The fact that we're even getting a Mega Man panel gives me at least a glimmer of optimism.

Just a glimmer, mind you, but still a glimmer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not expecting anything grand to come out of this. My prediction is that we'll probably get more information about then new cartoon(sigh), I guess another mobile game and tons of merchandizing. I would love to have a new Mega Man game that wasn't on mobile and wasn't a collection but oh well maybe someday. 

Calling it: ports of the entire franchise (or the most part at least) on mobile devices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 9:09 AM, Teoskaven said:

Calling it: ports of the entire franchise (or the most part at least) on mobile devices.

Don't put that evil on us Ricky Bobby!

Also worth noting:

"Attendees and fans on Twitter find it highly suspect this new design is *just* for a figure. Nendoroids are traditionally based on pre-existing character designs – nothing has been created from scratch. What's more, wouldn't Nendoroid concept art have Nendo-like proportions? Unless Roll intends to break tradition, speculation says this design could belong to something else.

At first glance, I immediately drew comparisons to that new, out-of-place concept art in Mega Man Legacy Collection 2. Style-wise, Roll and Mega Man here are pretty similar."

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, why would they redesign Roll for a run-of-the-mill figure?

Capcom is planning something. They have to be.

5 minutes ago, Shiguy said:

Inb4 it's another 8bit classic style game

I'll take it. 

Interesting. They will probably be doing a small "reboot" or "remake". I wouldn't mind if it's 8bit tbh, as long as they do it well.

If not, well.....if I can see redesign of other characters, I'll be happy.

Hey, at least it looks better than the Man of Action Cartoon!

12 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I'll take it. 

How bout giving me a re-release of The Mis Adventures of Tron Bon?

What about another X compilation that includes X games 7 & 8? Or the Zero and ZX games?

I'm not biased, I just want to see the other side of blue bomber get more love damn it. :v

• Thumbs Up 1