Awoo.

Mega Man 30th Anniversary Livestream Announced (December 4th, 11AM-12PM PST)

Zippo

7 minutes ago, ZERO_ninja said:

That's very similar to how I feel, but I also outright wouldn't want a Classic game. I love the Classic series but Rockman is a franchise to me that kept growing, changing and reinventing its identity for each new console it went to. So I'd want to see a totally new iteration, or some followup for the existing ones that didn't get to go out on a proper final game.

But I feel like all we'll ever see from this point on is Classic and maybe X if new games do happen. Though given these games need to be profitable and how the world are these days I can't really say I'd blame them for it.

That said, I won't not enjoy a great Classic game, it's just not what I'm looking for from the franchise.

Personally, I'm admittedly biased as I haven't jumped into the likes of Battle Network, Star Force etc. My first exposure was Ian's stories for Archie Mega Man, and then I later went on to play the Classic and some of the X series. 

Either way, I'd say it's definitely a classic game, Capcom would almost definitely go for the "safe" option, so to speak.

Honestly at this point it's not even just a safe option, with the exception of X, they'd get crucified for anything else. Well Legends would likely get a pass too, but people didn't care about Zero and ZX in significant enough quantities and because of the attitudes that have grown towards Capcom over their treatment of Rockman the majority will outright reject Capcom making a totally new iteration regardless of quality.

It's going to most likely be based on Classic Mega Man or the TV show. That leaked concept art at least hints at a new classic game. X is probably the next most likely for being made, but I don't expect it here. Legends would come after that.

The best Mega Man series, Battle Network, is most likely just dead despite its success. :-/

BTW, is this going to be streamed over Motobug?

EXE got to go out on a strong ending. Personally I'd rather it get to stay that way than what happened to X after it ran past its own ending.

I wasn't looking for a conclusion, I just want to go on adventures with Lan and Mega Man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nah I get that. Just when it got to have it's conclusion and it was good at that point I like to see it get to keep that. I'd be fine for more games in that style. Star Force 4 would be cool and you could make it another more expanded crossover with EXE if you want to try and get those fans in the door.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Star Force, but I just prefer the world and battle system of BN.

I haven't played Star Force 3, but I don't really like that not everybody has an alien buddy to go into the cyber world with. It's only me and not-Roll and it's supposed to be a secret. In BN everyone has a Navi and it makes me feel more connected to the world.

31 minutes ago, Marcello said:

BTW, is this going to be streamed over Motobug?

It is indeed going to be streamed on Motobug. Forgot to mention that, we just decided on the stream last night.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

I haven't played Star Force 3, but I don't really like that not everybody has an alien buddy to go into the cyber world with. It's only me and not-Roll and it's supposed to be a secret.

Well there's also

Spoiler

Bud cause Taurus gets revived and redeemed

in  that game when it comes to the main cast aside from new characters. But yeah,  the others not so much. And what missed opportunity for

Spoiler

Luna Platz since she just gets a crud rabbit instead of Ophiuca returning,  despite there being a perfect in-game reason for her to return to,

and for said character to go back to being better instead of even worse than in Staforce 2.

And yeah,  the secret thing still sucks..... although

Spoiler

Let's just say the ending has other plans. 

Well, almost an hour from now, though I am keeping my expectations in check.

On 12/1/2017 at 10:20 PM, Miragnarok said:

1. Bomberman, Crash, and TJ&E (and Lara Croft and Klonoa) returned, but no sign of Earthworm Jim, Spyro (who is even being phased out of Skylanders!), Bonk, etc. About 3/4ths sure for Mega Man to come back. And Bubsy came back because he was a meme.

2. And Duo.

What do you mean by the bolded part?

As big a joke as the 25th and Xover were, at least Capcom didn't forget that Classic isn't all the franchise ever was. The pre-stream is making it pretty clear Classic is all it is now though as far as they're concerned, with the very occasional mention of only X on the side. Not surprised since it is what the world wants but does hurt a bit for me.

All Mega Man X games will be ported to modern consoles. PC, Xbox One, PS4. I got excited and couldn't see if it was for Switch too. 

But all 8 X games are coming.

YES.

EDIT: Switch too. PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Switch ports of all Mega Man X games. Seems to include Command Mission too...? 

Glad that the Megaman X series is finally getting ported to the PC though I am not exactly optimistic about X6 and X7 due to them being the most infamous in the series.

Kinda want the X series to be polished off as the Classic well has run dry at this point. The only series that got finished off was the Zero series while the others (ie X, ZX, Legends) were left in a Cliff-hanger.

• Thumbs Up 1

X fuck yes the best is finally getting ported. And i was about to say why another damn old rockman but liking the graphic upgrade finally. All in all this was nice. To bad the zero games aka 1-3 Will never be ported

Yea that concept art was most certainly there to garner hype more than being a little "mistake" haha.

I'm really loving this year so far

Mega Legacy Collection 1 and 2 are finally coming to the Switch!

Woah, nice! Wasn't expecting another classic Mega Man game being announced any time soon. I'm also really glad that this is coming to Switch, since it looks like it will be perfect to play on to go.

I'm really looking forward to this! I'm hoping that it's everything that Mighty No. 9 was supposed to be.