Awoo.

Mega Man 30th Anniversary Livestream Announced (December 4th, 11AM-12PM PST)

Zippo

Xover had cool armor designs for Over-1 tho.

Well, its a good thing I didn't expect anything. are they just waiting for Inafune to come back at this point? this has to be the reason why.

2 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Xover had cool armor designs for Over-1 tho.

Well, its a good thing I didn't expect anything. are they just waiting for Inafune to come back at this point? this has to be the reason why.

You'd honestly think that they would want him back after he pretty much burned his bridges with them? 

1 minute ago, goku262002 said:

You'd be surprised how much executive meddling can fuck with a franchise.

Lo and behold, Mega Man, Marvel vs. Capcom, Rayman. Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. 

Sonic himself cough.

Mega Man will get his comeback in the future for sure, he's emblematic for Capcom as a whole, but for right now the horizon is bleak and empty. 

6 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

You'd honestly think that they would want him back after he pretty much burned his bridges with them? 

And after basically abandoning his dream project (Legends 3) and giving us a subpar Mega Man wannabe with Mighty Number 9, would we even WANT him back?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

And after basically abandoning his dream project (Legends 3) and giving us a subpar Mega Man wannabe with Mighty Number 9, would we even WANT him back?

It's better than nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

So it was the usual fare I take it

Obligitory:

226640-malcolm-in-the-middle-dewey.gif

Would've honestly taken the news of another game getting canned. Least it'd show that they ATTEMPTED to do something but nope! Nothing! It's just more cameos and crossovers I guess. 

:l

5 hours ago, Shiguy said:

Nothing! It's just more cameos and crossovers I guess. 

Crossovers!? Aside from the immensely disappointing MvC: I is there something new on the horizon like a third Project x Zone??????

As expected. :lol:

I wonder, what could convince Capcom that Megaman games can sell? There is a large fanbase, sure, but that doesn't seem to be enough. Because I'm sure that's why Capcom is being stingy on the series.

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2017 at 10:49 AM, Sean said:

I seriously hope none of you are expecting anything out of this

Nothing to see here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Par the course. See at least with Sonic we get something from SEGA ala it'd be Forces or Mania, I expect more out of fan projects of Megaman these days then fucking Capcom itself.

If theirs a franchise I ever resonate with the "needs to sell it to Nintendo" statement it's Megaman not Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Par the course. See at least with Sonic we get something from SEGA ala it'd be Forces or Mania, I expect more out of fan projects of Megaman these days then fucking Capcom itself.

If theirs a franchise I ever resonate with the "needs to sell it to Nintendo" statement it's Megaman not Sonic.

Especially since, looking at the past 5 years, Nintendo gave him more love and care in Smash 4 than Capcom has in that entire period.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well looks like playstation is in on the fun. 

Think it's gonna be another console exclusivity game like SFV?

I'm sure we'll get something new Mega Man-related eventually, but no way am I taking time out of my day to sit around waiting for something in a livestream. Not again.

1 hour ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

I'm sure we'll get something new Mega Man-related eventually, but no way am I taking time out of my day to sit around waiting for something in a livestream. Not again.

Besides, it'll probably be news about "MEGA-NIZE ME!", the show. :U

As much as I know it's disappointing, I spy a physical release of Legacy a Collection 2. Wonder if there's plans to sell both games worldwide, since the first LC's physical release was limited to the US.

Nintendo of America retweeted the Mega Man 30th stream announcement as well, if that means anything to y'all. 

Here we go again.

unnamed_thumb-3.jpg

Capcom has announced a one hour long Mega Man live stream for Monday, December 4th. They've sent out invites to many press outlets, with the words "You don't want to miss it."

https://twitter.com/MegaMan/status/936383164653563904?s=17

https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayStation/status/936385389480128512

Both Nintendo and Sony retweeted the announcement, so if it is a new game, rest assured the PS4 and Switch will get it. Also, due to PSX and The Game Awards, many new games are being announced next week, so this may be a way to have the complete spotlight be on Mega Man before Thursday when other games will steal the spotlight.

let's also not forget about this unidentified concept art:

DGsFl7VU0AAJr2i?format=jpg

Regardless, keep those expectations in check.

Let’s honest guys.

This is the 30th anniversary of the Blue Bomber and offical accounts have hyping it up with all the goodies.

They gotta show something...

I'm so stoked for them to finally show us footage of that atrocious new cartoon and announce the inevitable tie-in game and comic! (Though if the latter's from IDW and Flynn returns, it'll actually be good)

But seriously, I'm keeping my expectations lower than Capcom's morality- That way, I'll either be pleasantly surprised if they show us something good, or I won't be disappointed when if this turns out to be just another waste of our time.

12 minutes ago, Partridge in a Dee Tree said:

Let’s honest guys.

This is the 30th anniversary of the Blue Bomber and offical accounts have hyping it up with all the goodies.

They did the same for the 25th birthday, and all we got was XOver and them saying ''hey have you guys heard of Mega Man X Street Fighter? That fangame's really neat you should give it a go!''

So don't expect anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm expecting at best, Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2 getting a bundle physical release, perhaps a Switch port too.

1 hour ago, Partridge in a Dee Tree said:

Let’s honest guys.

Becuase RockmanXover was such a great payoff the last time something like that happened wasn't it? ?