Awoo.

Is Sonic Boom finally dead?

Stritix

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

I don't see it. I see the humble child, adorakble guy. But then I see the conceited egomaniac of recent torture as well that I can't stand. Then there's the constant butt monkeying I'd see as well which just got grating time and time again. Especially when a lot of it made little sense, had no real build up to pay off, or was completely mean spirited. Stereotypes are still heavily involved in the character while the Archie comics sidestepped them completely. He's just a less annoying and slightly more useful Lost World Tails to me. But I'm glad you could find things to enjoy about him in some form.

I don't exactly see any egomaniac in there. What I like about Boom Tails is the fact that unlike Colors and Lost World, where's he directly bragging about how awesome he is, here most of what he does whenever he's showing off is just him getting really excited about the new thing he's built. He's actually got a lot of self-esteem issues that keep him from being completely confident in his abilities, and they play that up for comedy a lot but also it's a genuine trait of his that makes it understandable why a constant thing with him is that his inventions always have limitations to them.

One example is during an episode where Sonic and the others are all seeing if they can take on Eggman individually instead of as a group, since Eggman proclaims they're not as good when they're on their own. They each take turns and when Tails's turn is coming up, he's standing beside the machine he's built, pacing back in forth, worrying that it'll work or be cool enough for Eggman. Then he builds up his confidence on the spot right before Eggman shows up in front of him. He scrambles to put his hand on the machine and lean like a cool guy... but he misses and falls on his butt, then stands up and does it correctly, trying to play it off. Eggman asks what the device does and Tails starts by explaining it as "cool" as he can but the more he starts talking about it the more excited about his own device he gets, to where he stops being concerned about looking cool and starts getting really excited about Eggman seeing what it can do. He starts talking so fast that Eggman puts his hands up and says "Whoa, whoa! Slow down professor." Then Eggman grants him his wish and uses it on Tails instead, freezing him in place, which is a fuck up that happened because he exploited the side of him that acts like a child. It's a more extreme example in this show because Boom is a comedy, but it stands as an example of what I do accept as a natural inhibitor to Tails and what counts as suffering from a bit of hubris on his part. Not something that's directly ego-driven in a "Wow, what a braggy asshole" sort of way but a "I love science and nerd shit so much I can't help myself" adorkable way.

Kind of reminds me of the "Because you just told me Fox boy" moment from SA2 only that's a more direct mistake on his part that doesn't really exploit much about his personality. It was just an example of Eggman outthinking the fox.

Also, I think this might be a difference in personal taste but, I love the butt monkeying that happens to Tails. Something about the pathos involved with seeing a character like him subject to slapstick as much as the others makes me happy. I feel like if it does happen more with him then it's only really slightly more on the whole. Everyone's got something that's done to them for the sake of comedy. Whether or not it has acceptable build up or makes sense is something that I guess is dependant on the person. It most likely sticks out a bit more because Tails isn't the kind of character you'd expect them to do it with at all, which is something I respect a whole lot. I love Tails but those moments are great to me. I'd feel the same about them if they happened with Charmy too honestly. I just find that stuff funny. It doesn't feel truly mean-spirited like something like how Meg is treated on Family Guy. An extreme example, I know, but that's the one that comes to mind the most.

Other times, his failures are used as a point of development for him. Not even in the same way each time either, which is nice.

The Archie comics kind of... I dunno. I think I noticed my issues with Archie Tails the most when it came to The Tails Adventure arc in Sonic Universe. He's SO competent and SO sure of himself that watching him... is just kind of boring. I just remember reading it and being like, "Okay... he's awesome and can do no wrong I guess?" I suppose the point was to emphasis how far he had come back from when he used to make more mistakes as a much younger child but so often in the comics he'd just function as the smart kid who flew the plane, sat at the computer, and (thankfully) could fight too. However, I don't feel like it did much to capitalize on his stance as a child or really made him all that fun or interesting on the other end. 

Plus, it's great seeing him do goofy shit like dancing and singing and what have you. I find myself more endeared with how much more fun he can be and thus he's a character I like watching more. 

• Thumbs Up 6

22 minutes ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

I do not take kindly to blatant lies. I compared it's firmness and tact to that of someone who's only seen a glimpse of it. I didn't state that was actually the case for you. Geez, so this whole thing has been the work of severe misunderstanding. What a waste of time if that's the case, especially with the rest of your point after that bit, running off that incorrect assumption.

Next time, ask and clarify before plunging into things so severely please.

In that case, it seems we're done here.

Blatant lies? You're the one who came on extremely strong. Massive assumptions, jumping right into my opinion for no good reason. Usually when someone doesn't take kindly to an opinion, they don't do it when it'd be off topic. I'm not sure how I am supposed to take what you said as anything but referring to me...or in your case Generalizing which you went on a little spiel before.

Excuse me? How about you don't get all jittery on an opinion in a completely off topic area. That's the real problem here. Cause it did just what I thought it would, completely derail the thread into nonsense.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I don't exactly see any egomaniac in there. What I like about Boom Tails is the fact that unlike Colors and Lost World, where's he directly bragging about how awesome he is, here most of what he does whenever he's showing off is just him getting really excited about the new thing he's built. He's actually got a lot of self-esteem issues that keep him from being completely confident in his abilities, and they play that up for comedy a lot but also it's a genuine trait of his that makes it understandable why a constant thing with him is that his inventions always have limitations to them.

One example is during an episode where Sonic and the others are all seeing if they can take on Eggman individually instead of as a group, since Eggman proclaims they're not as good when they're on their own. They each take turns and when Tails's turn is coming off, he's standing beside the machine he's built, pacing back in forth, worrying that it'll work or be cool enough for Eggman. Then he builds up his confidence on the spot right before Eggman shows up in front of him. He scrambles to put his hand on the machine and lean like a cool guy... but he missed and falls on his butt, then stands up and does it correctly, trying to play it off. Eggman asks what the device does and Tails starts by explaining it as "cool" as he can but the more he starts talking about it the more excited about his own device he gets, to where he stops being concerned about looking cool and starts getting really excited about Eggman seeing what it can do. He starts talking so fast that Eggman puts his hands up and says "Whoa, whoa! Slow down professor." Then Eggman grants him his wish and uses it on Tails instead, freezing him in place, which is a fuck up that happened because he exploited the side of him that acts like a child. It's a more extreme example in this show because Boom is a comedy, but it stands as an example of what I do accept as a natural inhibitor to Tails and what counts as suffering from a bit of hubris on his part. Not something that's directly ego-driven in a "Wow, what a braggy asshole" sort of way but a "I love science and nerd shit so much I can't help myself" adorkable way.

Kind of reminds me of the "Because you just told me Fox boy" moment from SA2 only that's a more direct mistake on his part that doesn't really exploit much about his personality. It was just an example of Eggman outthinking the fox.

Also, I think this might be a difference in personal taste but, I love the butt monkeying that happens to Tails. Something about the pathos involved with seeing a character like him subject to slapstick as much as the others makes me happy. I feel like if it does happen more with him then it's only really slightly more on the whole. Everyone's got something that's done to them for the sake of comedy. Whether or not it has acceptable build up or makes sense is something that I guess is dependant on the person. It most likely sticks out a bit more because Tails isn't the kind of character you'd expect them to do it with at all, which is something I respect a whole lot. I love Tails but those moments are great to me. I'd feel the same about them if they happened with Charmy too honestly. I just find that stuff funny. It doesn't feel truly mean-spirited like something like how Meg is treated on Family Guy. An extreme example, I know, but that's the one that comes to mind the most.

The Archie comics kind of... I dunno. I think I noticed my issues with Archie Tails the most when it came to The Tails Adventure arc in Sonic Universe. He's SO competent and SO sure of himself that watching him... is just kind of boring. I just remember reading it and being like, "Okay... he's awesome and can do no wrong I guess?" I suppose the point was to emphasis how far he had come back from when he used to make more mistakes as a much younger child but so often in the comics he'd just function as the smart kid who flew the plane, sat at the computer, and (thankfully) could fight too. However, I don't feel like it did much to capitalize on his stance as a child or really made him all that fun or interesting on the other end. 

Plus, it's great seeing him do goofy shit like dancing and singing and what have you. I find myself more endeared with how much more fun he can be and thus he's a character I like watching more. 

That example is exactly where I see the egomanical side. Worrying about something that is about being cool rather than efficient. Worrying about something for someone who doesn't at all matter for it. Why does being cool for Eggman matter? Eggman is the one who is all about flair. Tails is about practicality. That's what separates them. Being cool for Sonic is a different story, which is why the latter Ian Flynn episode makes more sense. So Tails becomes self absorbed about his own creation. I don't see that. Not to mention why does he care what Eggman has to say? He's Eggman. He's not out to reassure or help Tails in anyway. He's out to destroy and do harm. It's like wanting to appease an abusive neighbor who likes things similar to what you like, but hates you. So while becoming self adsorbed in his own invention, he becomes a complete buffoon for the sake of comedy. If they wanted to go with Eggman using the invention on Tails, there are so many better ways to do it without him being nonsensially obsessed with flair, and looking like an idiot. One that can involve Orbot and Cubot to give them something to do.

It's Knuckles who takes the brunt, followed by Tails, then Amy, Sticks, and Sonic. I don't mind some slapstick every now and then, when it's done well. Not when it's usually done to the completely undeserving or done mean spiritedly. Especially early on in season 1 it was very mean spirited, but dialed back by season 2. Comedy needs a set up, build up, and pay off. Just suddenly having BOOM slapstick is childish and barely without merit. A lot of times all three happen in quick beats. But a lot of times here it happens because they want a joke and don't care whether it makes sense or not. Just have it happen because lol cheap.

I'd say he's competent because he's growing. He's had time to get better, and even then he still doesn't feel like he improved enough as he gets upset when Honey tricks and beats him. Sonic has to make him better and not just laugh at him. Tails inventions are more on point and done with practicality rather than trying to be cool. Sonic is the one trying to be cool, not Tails. Tails doesn't care about that. He just wants what he has to work and make people happy. That's all that matters. Outside of personality his fight scenes are also much better as he doesn't have to grab random object in the room, or some gun and pretty much be as just somewhat more capable than rest of the village. Archie Tails was more on the path of being his own person. That self improvement is more fascinating to me than someone not improving at all, and even then only focusing on their strength's but not weak areas. And there's the countless focus of episodes where he's basically Jimmy Neutron. It has the same beats as his character. Sometimes the same amount of ego too, but typically less.

27 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Blatant lies? You're the one who came on extremely strong. Massive assumptions, jumping right into my opinion for no good reason.

If contesting your opinion because I found it a weak argument in writing boils your oil that much, then I apologize, but I honestly did not find it well crafted or convincing and did make it known why. There's not really much harm done. I mean, I still don't see a good argument on your end, but whatever, your opinion is your opinion.

But yes, you made an incorrect assumption which led to you making alie, albeit unintentionally, but still, I think it best to bury the hatchet on the misunderstanding about the start of this debate.

Usually when someone doesn't take kindly to an opinion, they don't do it when it'd be off topic.

That's another thing. You claim talking about the show's qualities are off topic, yet you're discussing it with other members about elements of it such as Tails. It's a bit hypocritical to try and use the "off topic" escape clause on that one.

I'm not sure how I am supposed to take what you said as anything but referring to me...or in your case Generalizing which you went on a little spiel before.

I...don't even get what you're saying here.

Look, let's be quite honest. You're far from the only person with the kind of opinion you've sported. I'm friends with plenty who dislike it. The opinion you have of the show doesn't set you apart from them, so don't go on like you're some special case I've picked alone or something, geez. It's the level of tact with which you wrote it that sent off warning bells. That's been the main point of contention.

Excuse me? How about you don't get all jittery on an opinion in a completely off topic area. That's the real problem here. Cause it did just what I thought it would, completely derail the thread into nonsense.

Let's not lose sight here. I made my point about why I disagree with your view of the show, nothing more and nothing less. I'm not gonna let it balloon into something more for the sake of drama. That's why, I'm calling it a night here and not going to lose sleep over this. Why? Because this isn't as big as you're making it out to be, in a thread that really doesn't serve much purpose either, other then to ask a question that you're apparently ecstatic for.

Again, I'm sorry if you got hurt by anything, so consider it dropped, or continue it in the thread you consider more "on-topic".

Just now, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

If contesting your opinion because I found it a weak argument in writing boils your oil that much, then I apologize, but I honestly did not find it well crafted or convincing and did make it known why. There's not really much harm done. I mean, I still don't see a good argument on your end, but whatever, your opinion is your opinion.

But yes, you made an incorrect assumption which led to you making alie, albeit unintentionally, but still, I think it best to bury the hatchet on the misunderstanding about the start of this debate.

That's another thing. You claim talking about the show's qualities are off topic, yet you're discussing it with other members about elements of it such as Tails. It's a bit hypocritical to try and use the "off topic" escape clause on that one.

I...don't even get what you're saying here.

Let's not lose sight here. I made my point about why I disagree with your view of the show, nothing more and nothing less. I'm not gonna let it balloon into something more for the sake of drama. That's why, I'm calling it a night here and not going to lose sleep over this. Why? Because this isn't as big as you're making it out to be, in a thread that really doesn't serve much purpose either, other then to ask a question that you're apparently ecstatic for.

Again, I'm sorry if you got hurt by anything, so consider it dropped, or continue it in the thread you consider more "on-topic".

Of course it's not a strong argument, BECAUSE it's not the Sonic Boom thread. I was stating what I thought and how I felt. It was NOT in anyway supposed to be some full review of Sonic Boom. So of course it lacks examples and explanations as it's not meant to be a full opinion. It was never trying to be one. It was answering the topic at hand. Briefly stating what I thought of the show, why I would like it gone, but also understanding why it can stick around and what good it can do for others. That was all. But you took it as some sort of full opinion for no reason. Criticizing a post not meant to be a discussion on quality and merely just feelings and answering the topic. Again "Spoken like a yadda yadda" What does THAT have to do with this thread? What purpose did that serve? What question did it answer? All it did was come off strongly as a personal fan not fond of what my feelings were.

Incorrect assumption? If I had made that, then this would not have gone on as long as it has. As far as I see it, you took things personally and too far, and then dragged it out. Basically throwing out your person counter opinion in a thread not meant for it. People who throw in their counter arguments in threads not asking for them, tend to be butt hurt or upset. It would have ended earlier on. If you hadn't jumped right onto the defense in a place that didn't ask for it, then there would have been no issues.

Your initial post was full of generalizing, which is ironic since I was accused of it right after.

In a place not asking for it, than having the need to go on and on anyways. I don't drop things like this so easily as it's highly offensive, disrespectful, and severely disruptive as shown with how long it's gone on. Especially when the reason for said discussion is being pinned on something completely missing the mark to try and cover for what it was. I take it personally because I expect better in the community. I expect better in a place trying not to be like the ridiculed fans stereotype.

• The topic was locked

@JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne Enough is enough. These lame attempts at tone policing and one-upping people over their opinions and how they state them has gotten tiring, and is the source of the derail in this thread. There is absolutely no reason this argument should have dragged on as long as it did, over something as minor as someone saying they wouldn't mind if the show ends. It's ridiculous and was further off-topic than someone explaining a specific thing they didn't like about the show (and the accusations of hypocrisy when they called you out for being off-topic--your response being to further derail things--are especially uncalled for). You can absolutely disagree with someone's post without this, and you can take that from someone who's realized that about his own past behavior. Instances like this:

5 hours ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

Spoken like someone who hasn't seen the entirety of the series and made a faulty judgement off of a glimpse's worth.

4 hours ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

Unless you have strong evidence that the show as a whole is that bad, the jab was highly unnecessary in the first place.

3 hours ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

I do not take kindly to blatant lies. I compared it's firmness and tact to that of someone who's only seen a glimpse of it. I didn't state that was actually the case for you. Geez, so this whole thing has been the work of severe misunderstanding. What a waste of time if that's the case, especially with the rest of your point after that bit, running off that incorrect assumption.

Next time, ask and clarify before plunging into things so severely please. Be more nice like others and things won't turn as ugly as this one did.

are not at all dissimilar to what you've been spoken to before by staff. And you've displayed this behavior in other threads, including the Forces review threads (immediately calling people's criticisms of Famitsu's score "vilifying" the writers). For these reasons, it's strike time. You need to chill.

If you have any questions, you're welcome to contact the staff or take it up with an administrator. This isn't going any farther.

@dbzfan7 It's best to either just drop this or report it if a user is dogging you unnecessarily in the future. This has dragged on for too long and this thread needs to get back on topic (and, for the record, specific criticisms about the show seem fine to me).

• The topic was unlocked
On 12/3/2017 at 2:08 AM, Zaysho said:

immediately calling people's criticisms of Famitsu's score "vilifying" the writers

Vilifying the writers? I think you mean vilifying the reviewers.  That doesn't sound like something I'd accuse without reasonable cause. Do you have the quote to prove so?

In the end though,  this whole thing was uncharacteristic of me. Something I normally don't do with mannerisms I certainly don't support, for which apologize. Stress, lack of sleep and IRL circumstances are no excuse for what I did despite being factors,  so I accept the strike,  after having a good rest and proper thinking on it, and shall honor it as a new "badges of sorts to remind myself what happens when I go out of character like that. 

14 minutes ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

Vilifying the writers? I think you mean vilifying the reviewers.  That doesn't sound like something I'd accuse without reasonable cause. Do you have the quote to prove so?

For this you can have a strike. One more derail from you and you can enjoy an immediate suspension, too.

Thanks to your poor attitude, none of this is up for discussion.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

That example is exactly where I see the egomanical side. Worrying about something that is about being cool rather than efficient. Worrying about something for someone who doesn't at all matter for it. Why does being cool for Eggman matter? Eggman is the one who is all about flair. Tails is about practicality. That's what separates them. Being cool for Sonic is a different story, which is why the latter Ian Flynn episode makes more sense. So Tails becomes self absorbed about his own creation. I don't see that. Not to mention why does he care what Eggman has to say? He's Eggman. He's not out to reassure or help Tails in anyway. He's out to destroy and do harm. It's like wanting to appease an abusive neighbor who likes things similar to what you like, but hates you. So while becoming self adsorbed in his own invention, he becomes a complete buffoon for the sake of comedy. If they wanted to go with Eggman using the invention on Tails, there are so many better ways to do it without him being nonsensially obsessed with flair, and looking like an idiot. One that can involve Orbot and Cubot to give them something to do.

It's Knuckles who takes the brunt, followed by Tails, then Amy, Sticks, and Sonic. I don't mind some slapstick every now and then, when it's done well. Not when it's usually done to the completely undeserving or done mean spiritedly. Especially early on in season 1 it was very mean spirited, but dialed back by season 2. Comedy needs a set up, build up, and pay off. Just suddenly having BOOM slapstick is childish and barely without merit. A lot of times all three happen in quick beats. But a lot of times here it happens because they want a joke and don't care whether it makes sense or not. Just have it happen because lol cheap.

I'd say he's competent because he's growing. He's had time to get better, and even then he still doesn't feel like he improved enough as he gets upset when Honey tricks and beats him. Sonic has to make him better and not just laugh at him. Tails inventions are more on point and done with practicality rather than trying to be cool. Sonic is the one trying to be cool, not Tails. Tails doesn't care about that. He just wants what he has to work and make people happy. That's all that matters. Outside of personality his fight scenes are also much better as he doesn't have to grab random object in the room, or some gun and pretty much be as just somewhat more capable than rest of the village. Archie Tails was more on the path of being his own person. That self improvement is more fascinating to me than someone not improving at all, and even then only focusing on their strength's but not weak areas. And there's the countless focus of episodes where he's basically Jimmy Neutron. It has the same beats as his character. Sometimes the same amount of ego too, but typically less.

So I had an entire reply ready to submit before the thread got locked down and now I've lost it. I'll try my best to reiterate my response as best I can. 

In short, I didn't mean to imply that he was worrying about looking cool more than being efficient. It's definitely apart of what he was doing but the point was more that I loved the emphasis on how his concern was focused on him being worried it was going to function correctly, trying to put up a front of confidence, and then dropping those fears entirely once he got into explaining what his invention could do because the excitement of what it could do got to him. When he goes into explaining what the invention does, he goes wide-eyed and he gets extremely happy and bubbly. You can just feel how much he loves creating stuff in that moment and it causes him to lose control of the situation a bit. It's not something I'd want to be one-to-one should it be adapted into the games. The reason it works better when he's confronting Eggman is that their dynamic with him is much different than it is in the games. Re-watching the scene again, I had forgotten that the first thing Tails says to him is "Don't think you can scare me by making a cool pose." It was certainly more confrontational than I remember but it's a more relaxed environment regardless because of the way the two of them work off one another.

The order I'd choose when it comes to who takes the brunt of slapstick would probably be Knuckles, Tails, Sonic, Amy, and Sticks last. That's mostly because Sticks hardly ever really has much to do on the show really. I'm fine with slapstick being quick and surprising. There are situations within the context of the show where it does have a proper set-up and even situations where it's the entire focus of the scene or the punch-line to a set-up of a joke. This one is a little hard to argue for since this is basically just me responding to you saying it's sudden and without merit by saying "I disagree" but again I guess it's just a difference of perception.

I'd say Sonic is the one who comes off as natural in how cool he acts. I can totally see Tails having more concern about that stuff than Sonic does. It varies depending on what you're trying to do with the character of course. I think Boom Tails definitely cares about proficiency and making people happy with his inventions too but the reason I find him more endearing is because of the focus on the weaker aspects to his nature as a child and as someone who actually is able to tap into a side of themselves that's more understandably concerned about social norms. My problem with Lost World isn't the fact that he has a more prideful side to him, the way it was utilized just made him come off like an asshole rather than someone who was just acting off of normal emotions. I guess I always found it kind of boring that in the comics he never truly did feel like his less than stellar traits were being pushed to make him more relatable and interesting. I never really got that he had a lot to learn aside from a few short instances. On the whole, he always came off relatively perfect to me though. It also doesn't help that the instances that stand out to me when it comes to how emotional he got stems from my memories of the Heart of Cards story or the love-triangle nonsense. That's something I need to get over though.

I think the way he fights can be cool in Boom too, despite agreeing that I wish he'd do more hand to hand stuff. Of course, there are times where they work with it in short bursts. Like, there's this scene in Boom when one of Eggman's crab robots fires a missle at Tails and Tails grabs it out of the air with his bare hands, flips it over his head, then throws it back into the robot to make it explode. There's another scene where Tails picks up a metal bat and tries to whack a floating ball being fired at him with it. Orbot says "Swing and a miss" every time he swings and misses and then Tails just gets frustrated, drops the bat, then grabs a gun that shoots gunk out of it and stops it dead in it's tracks. Then he points it at Eggman and Eggman screams like a girl. 

I dunno. It's amusing to me. I like how he's allowed to be more devious and fun. I don't have a problem with their being some self-concern for his pride in the show. It's something that exists within all of us and is more understandable when you're a kid. Whether he's focusing on that or not, it stands to also make him more adorable. I know I'm a guy and I shouldn't be concerned with adorableness (according to social norms) but it's the most genuinely cute he's been for me in a long time. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope not. Boom was the first non-written part in the franchise that has felt like someone who was behind it actually understood how characters in real life would actually interact with each other in probably...

Uh...

At least twenty years.

I still haven't really grown to like Knuckles' dramatic personality exaggeration, but I certainly can't pretend that Sonic Team knows what the fuck to do with him; and any other complaints about character foibles seem kind of trite when in most of the games everyone acts like they are channeling a particularly shitty filler arc in Bleach.

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I hope not. Boom was the first non-written part in the franchise that has felt like someone who was behind it actually understood how characters in real life would actually interact with each other in probably...

Uh...

At least twenty years.

I was so worried about Boom when it was first announced. Bad games aside though, it ended up being a fun new side to the franchise. Thinking about it now, redesigning the cast so dramatically was probably a mistake. The slice-of-life atmosphere that the series took on  worked surprisingly well and I don't think it needed to be so far removed from the established Sonic franchise. In the early 2000s, X managed to co-exist as a separate brand but was ultimately still just Sonic. Boom is made to have as little to do with any other Sonic as possible.

It will be a shame if we don't get any more Boom. On reflection after two good series of the cartoon, Boom was always fighting an uphill battle unnecessarily. It's a good show with a good team behind it.

• Thumbs Up 9

I feel Sonic Boom as a whole was bad, even including the TV show which I felt was extremely mediocre while bordering on the edge of terrible, and yes i've seen pretty much every episode. I really do love Sticks & Boom Eggman's designs.... Regardless I personally kinda hope the show finally dies off and they start work on a new CGI cartoon series more true to the core Sonic series. If Boom does die off soon-ish... I just hope they move Sticks into the main series as at least a side character who appears once in awhile across the series.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Regardless I personally kinda hope the show finally dies off and they start work on a new CGI cartoon series more true to the core Sonic series.

If Boom doesn't have a third season, a much more likely result is that it will be replaced with nothing.

• Thumbs Up 7

I agree with Tornado, eventually there will be more Sonic cartoons but it'll take years to develop, no more Boom = no more cartoons for a while. Boom is well written, with gorgeous graphics, characters are fun and useful as well, I like it. I don't see why the sub-franchise as a whole should die, besides the fact that some people don't like it and how different it is from the main series.

7 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Not to mention, it currently has the best version of Tails. If it dies, he goes with it and that'd be a national tragedy. Hopefully someone gets the idea to make what they were doing with him official.

It also has the best version of Amy.

Although I don't know yet if the regular Amy's personality has changed permanently in Lost World/Forces to be (almost) in line with Boom Amy. That's why I hope in near future, Amy gets more involved in plots to confirm that.

I mean, I sort of do miss the "I LOVE YOU SONIC!" Amy, but at the same time for others who are not a Amy fan looks at her as an annoying creepy stalker.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Tornado said:

I still haven't really grown to like Knuckles' dramatic personality exaggeration, but I certainly can't pretend that Sonic Team knows what the fuck to do with him; and any other complaints about character foibles seem kind of trite when in most of the games everyone acts like they are channeling a particularly shitty filler arc in Bleach.

May I ask about that last part?

1 hour ago, Dr. Jack said:

I agree with Tornado, eventually there will be more Sonic cartoons but it'll take years to develop, no more Boom = no more cartoons for a while.

I can live with that compared to something that I consider to be another piece of media I feel is continuing to drag the Sonic series image across the mud.

1 hour ago, Dr. Jack said:

Boom is well written, with gorgeous graphics, characters are fun and useful as well,

I don't agree with any of that myself. Not that i'm trying change anybody's opinion, people are free to love the show. I'm just stating my own opinions on the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I can live with that compared to something that I consider to be another piece of media I feel is continuing to drag the Sonic series image across the mud.

I don't agree with any of that myself. Not that i'm trying change anybody's opinion, people are free to love the show. I'm just stating my own opinions on the show.

To be honest, I used to like the satirical writing, but after a while it started getting old for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Regardless of what you think of the cartoon, it's been generally well received by fans and casual viewers, so it's definitely not harming Sonic's image.

• Thumbs Up 2

I overall feel very indifferent to the Boom sub-series. It never rose above meh territory for me, probably because in many ways it exemplified a lot of the things I didn't care for in the Colors - present era of the main franchise. On the other hand, the only reason why I'm just indifferent to it and not strongly disliking it like I did/do/sorta am still with Colors is because it's only a sub-franchise, and it does give good material for video making like with my "Knuckles says You're Welcome" Moana video in my signature, and there WERE some legitimately funny and interesting moments (which is a LOT more than I can say for a lot of Sonic's more recent outings). Plus unlike the core series, it was always meant to be a comedy show (even if not  that good of one in my opinion), so I can't really fault it for using a lot of comedy.

Overall, eh both to the show and it being cancelled.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really hope not. I friggin love the show and want it to last longer than other Sonic Cartoons. the so-called "Flanderization" is just exaggeration for comedic sake. It just takes the characters and ramps them up to ridiculous levels and I love it.

If it is gone I'll accept it but I'll miss it so much. 

36 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I really hope not. I friggin love the show and want it to last longer than other Sonic Cartoons. the so-called "Flanderization" is just exaggeration for comedic sake. It just takes the characters and ramps them up to ridiculous levels and I love it.

If it is gone I'll accept it but I'll miss it so much. 

While I can see why some people may like the comedy, a lot of times when characters are flanderized for the sake of plot or comedy with no real explanation it can rub people the wrong way like with Boom!Knuckles. Granted he is an entirely different character, but I kind of feel his whole "Dumb Muscle" schtick can get old and can go to far at times. I think to get an idea of what I mean by that last part, you may want to check out Mr. Enter's review of Land before Swine.

• Thumbs Up 1

I lost interest in the show halfway through the first season and at this point sometimes straight up forget Boom as a whole existed, so uh...I guess I'm just apathetic. If it's really coming to an end I feel bad for it's fans, but beyond that, I'm not exactly gonna miss it.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

I lost interest in the show halfway through the first season and at this point sometimes straight up forget Boom as a whole existed, so uh...I guess I'm just apathetic. If it's really coming to an end I feel bad for it's fans, but beyond that, I'm not exactly gonna miss it.

Did you catch some glimpses of Season 2? 

While I'm not a big fan of the show, I do like the idea of there being a spin off series. So that in terms of tone and content, Sega can divide the fans in more clean interpretations of the series..... Not that they do a very good job at it, but at least the possibilities are there.
If Sonic Boom's gone, we lose an outlet for the goofy comedy Sonic side. Which means Sonic Boom fans will desire the regular series to furfill that gap again, which means the identity pinball machine will go at full throttle again.

Eh, not sure if watching Season 2 will change people's minds.
I do agree Season 2 is a huge step in quality, better plotting, better animation, more funny jokes, but the heart and soul is still the same. If it didn't click with you, I doubt Season 2 will change that.
For me,I still can't get enough of a grip of who or what the characters are for the jokes to land, and I'm still irritated the action scenes have little physical humor going on, mostly reliying on talking jokes. They increased the action and the quality of the action, but still rarely use it for jokes on itself. The action is still mostly played straight with the humor mostly coming from characters making references and being "self aware". Which I really don't care for. Oh, they know they're characters that read from a script. Satire.

• Thumbs Up 7