Awoo.

Is Sonic Boom finally dead?

Stritix

So it's ultimately lived and died the same sort of span Sonic X did over a decade ago. 

-Huge initial push spanning multiple media, to the point where there are concerns it will become the main canon and eclipse the games.

-Lots of merch made.

-The attention gradually fades as people become less interested. 

-It ultimately dies out in three years with little to show for it afterwards. 

At this point, Sonic X is still technically the Sonic show with the most runtime; Sonic Boom has 104 episodes, but it's 104 of 11 minute episodes versus 78 of 22 minute episodes. 

So I guess we'll just repeat this all over again in about 10 years eh. 

• Nice Smile 1

29 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

So it's ultimately lived and died the same sort of span Sonic X did over a decade ago. 

-Huge initial push spanning multiple media, to the point where there are concerns it will become the main canon and eclipse the games.

-Lots of merch made.

-The attention gradually fades as people become less interested. 

-It ultimately dies out in three years with little to show for it afterwards. 

At this point, Sonic X is still technically the Sonic show with the most runtime; Sonic Boom has 104 episodes, but it's 104 of 11 minute episodes versus 78 of 22 minute episodes. 

So I guess we'll just repeat this all over again in about 10 years eh. 

Moral of the story: SEGA need to stop over hyping new Sonic shows.

I don't exactly remember what was done with the lead up to Sonic X since I discovered the show, flipping through channels randomly and almost getting a heart attack when I just randomly passed by Sonic the Hedgehog in his modern form on my TV screen. I was like 10 or 11 years old when I was getting into the show so this whole "watching the multi-media push" thing was something I barely knew about. It also helps that 4kids relied so much on it since it was clearly one of their most successful shows. To the point where long after it ended they kept airing an hour of it every Saturday along with whatever new Yu-Gi-Oh! show they had until FOX caught on that they didn't really know what to do with themselves anymore. 

Boom probably had a better chance to be successful but it coming out during the time of Cartoon Network's new management dicking shows around made it almost inevitable that it'd be over eventually. Unlike Sonic X, the push for this was something I experienced and goodness me is it quite the embarrassing fiasco in retrospect.

I really wish they had just created a show, said "Hey, come watch our show on this channel that'll air it appropriately" and then allowed the toys, comics, and game tie-ins to flow in naturally. 

As for Boom itself, I enjoyed the show. I respected it's writing and liked the way they managed to speak to one another in a way that sounded more natural then what I was used to from the games. I appreciated the humor as a lot of the jokes, even the ones that fell flat, at least felt as though they were being written with an intent to strive for something cohesive and creative. At the end of the day, the thing I'll miss the most is, as always, their version of Tails. I've talked about it so often it's probably not worth bringing it up again but he was perfect and my body yearns for his portrayal to stick around in some form, especially now that stuff like Lost World and Forces continue to shove his face in the mud. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Seems Sonic Boom isn't done for yet, according to this Reddit post from January it seems their trying to get it on a better channel, if this source is to be believed. Season 3 should be announced later this year with a new channel, as Sega is unhappy with CN's schedulung.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Seems Sonic Boom isn't done for yet, according to this Reddit post from January it seems their trying to get it on a better channel, if this source is to be believed. Season 3 should be announced later this year with a new channel, as Sega is unhappy with CN's schedulung.

Old post of dubious factual standing, and in the end, it could just as easily be re-runs.

13 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Ugh this is from 4Chan. Call me a pessimist but I don't just take a grain of salt I pour a whole bag when that site is involved.

• Fist Bump 2

34 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Ugh this is from 4Chan. Call me a pessimist but I don't just take a grain of salt I pour a whole bag when that site is involved.

I believe 4chan is a completely different site from Reddit.

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I believe 4chan is a completely different site from Reddit.

The screenshot. The screenshot is from 4chan. Then it was posted to reddit. Both of those are websites where anyone can post anything they want. So, there is basically no reason to assume any sort of legitimacy from that information.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2