Awoo.

Mega Man 11 Announced (Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC) (Late 2018)

Zippo

(copied from what I said in the Mega Man Livestream topic)

Woah, nice! Wasn't expecting another classic Mega Man game being announced any time soon. I'm also really glad that this is coming to Switch, since it looks like it will be perfect to play on to go.

I'm really looking forward to this! I'm hoping that it's everything that Mighty No. 9 was supposed to be.

>HD Mega Man

>Beautiful looking graphics

>Mega Man LC 1 and 2 on Switch

>Mega Man X Collection

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

I hope they fix that Mega Man walk cycle because it looks dumb and awkward.

But everything else oh yes I am absoluTELY IN LOVE WITH.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWHERE'S MY MEGA MAN X9 SEGA COME ON. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So...what was all that about disappointment??

I told you guys this was 2017, the year where anything can happen.

Needless to say, HYPED.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

No PC? I'm left out AGAIN. C'mon.

Edit: Oh yeah! I'm so going to get it. Sorry for the mini-rant, I didn't read the tweet.

Here's the announcement trailer on youtube:

I've tried hard to get in to the Mega-Man games having played some in the legacy collections, but I've found it difficult to enjoy. Hopefully Mega Man 11 (which looks nice) will finally get me into the series.

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks like Megaman has a new overclocking mechanic where he goes all Limit Break when his health is low and a weapon gauge is high. He charges a Mega Buster shot, and boom, overclocked and ready for max damage output.

The kind of innovation that makes perfect sense for a game about a robot. If they're confident enough to bring in new toys to play with in this long-awaited revival, I say this game's development is on the right track.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm really glad they aren't going for an 8-bit style. The graphics could be improved (I assume they will be. There's another whole year), but the style itself is pretty nice. I like that Mega Man's look changes more with the powers now.

That comment about nostalgia was nice. I wish SEGA would get that message.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Jack said:

No PC? I'm left out AGAIN. C'mon.

It's coming to PC. Zippo seems to have just forgotten to put that in the title.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Ultimate Victory 64 said:

DQOhyobW0AAFxMN.thumb.jpeg.10e5d4ad84786ea1f7b4006482c9adf4.jpeg

Looks angrily at Sega and Sonic Team

Megaman went 'nostalgia bait' with 9 and 10, years before Sonic or Crash. (But not Nintendo obviously ;p).

It didn't worked, so they trying something different. For Sonic it worked more then once (Generations, Mania)

Here Lies Mighty No. 9

2016 ~ 2017

....well as if we didn't need more reasons for why MN9 is dead.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I'm really glad they aren't going for an 8-bit style. The graphics could be improved (I assume they will be. there's another whole year), but the style itself is pretty nice. I like that Mega Man's look changes more with the powers now.

That comment about nostalgia was nice. I wish SEGA would get that message.

It's coming to PC. Zippo seems to have just forgotten to put that in the title.

Same, I love this style and I wish Sonic Mania had that. Can't wait for this game!

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Here Lies Mighty No. 9

2016 ~ 2017

You wanna count 2013 to 2017.....and onwards if we count the other rewards not yet delivered and the portable versions too!? :P

Just now, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

You wanna count 2013 to 2017.....and onwards if we count the other rewards not yet delivered and the portable versions too!? :P

Naw, I'm counting only for the actual finished product of the game.

and as a side-note, I love the artstyle of this game.

Doing it on 2.5D was a great decision imo. 

Rock's walking animation needs a bit of work but other than that the game looks cool!

And now we play the waiting game...

Game Informer is doing a whole month of coverage for the game. Christmas came three weeks early, it seems. It's this month's cover story:

2018-01-cover-spread-800h.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I did wonder if this might be the sort of thing we were getting, and it's a very positive sign that they feel brave enough to modernise the graphics without making them too modern.  A really positive decision, and I look forward to it.  Can't help but wonder if they might have been better off rebranding it as a kind of soft reboot series; there aren't many games which can impress with the number eleven in the title.  But we may think of it as a foundation, at least.  And thank goodness it's nothing to do with the new cartoon!

34 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Here Lies Mighty No. 9

2016 ~ 2017

I particularly like how it looks more like the Mighty No. 9 concept art than MN9 did.

33 minutes ago, Dr. Jack said:

Same, I love this style and I wish Sonic Mania had that. Can't wait for this game!

Agreed; this is what I want from "Mania 2," or rather a spiritual successor to Mania.  Sega, take note.

Edit: Actually, genuinely, realistically, seeing Capcom feel brave enough to take this approach for MM11, and seeing the positive reception it's getting, will probably be very useful for Sega and the Mania team.

About time. 

I'm so hyped for this. It's been seven years since the last Megaman game. I'm really hoping this one's great. Looking forward to it with cautious optimism.