Awoo.

Mega Man 11 Announced (Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC) (Late 2018)

Zippo

I just noticed on rewatching the trailer that the slide and charge shot is back. 

Wonder if this means the Super Adaptor might make a return as well, it was always one of my favourite powerups.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Here Lies Mighty No. 9

2016 ~ 2017

....well as if we didn't need more reasons for why MN9 is dead.

Well it's better than nothing...

• Chuckle 1

6 hours ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

>HD Mega Man

>Beautiful looking graphics

>Mega Man LC 1 and 2 on Switch

>Mega Man X Collection

Wait where? The MMX series gets a collection and I didn't hear anything about this? I want. I must see source!

As for MM11. Hype. But I hate. Absolutely hate the running animation. I want to vomit. But everything else is LIT.

1 minute ago, Eternal EX said:

Wait where? The MMX series gets a collection and I didn't hear anything about this? I want. I must see source!

As for MM11. Hype. But I hate. Absolutely hate the running animation. I want to vomit. But everything else is LIT.

There's no trailer for it yet, but it's confirmed at the beginning of the live stream. Contains X1-8 and releases on PS4, Switch, PC and Xbox One at some point next year.

Just now, Ryannumber1Santa said:

There's no trailer for it yet, but it's confirmed at the beginning of the live stream. Contains X1-8 and releases on PS4, Switch, PC and Xbox One at some point next year.

Now just pray to God it's a job well done and not a lazy one like the legacy collection. 

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

hey uh no -Sean

Thanks. I'll have to keep my eye out for it. MMX5 I'm ready to beat you again. And again. And again.

Edited by Sean

18 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Wonder if this means the Super Adaptor might make a return as well, it was always one of my favourite powerups.

^ This^11

The Adaptors are why 6 is my favorite Mega Man game! Rush Jet wasn't nearly as fun after they nerfed it in 4-onwards, and it used up weapon energy. Why use that or a spring when you have a floaty double jump and a rocket punch- both with unlimited useage?! And yeah, the Super Adaptor in 7 was cool, too, though I didn't find its diagonal double-jump nearly as useful as being able to outright fly.

Since Roll is coming back, I'm hoping she'll be running a shop again- one that will now bring back Rush's greatest upgrades.

• Thumbs Up 2

While there are some awkward animations that need fixing, this actually looks significantly better than MN9 ever did. I'm actually pleasantly surprised! I mean, it's another 2D classic game, but it's not another 8-bit title, and certainly not basically another sequel to MM2 (aka junking the slide and charge shot again), so that's progress.

They really didn't need to take so fucking long to make this, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like we've got a glimpse of the Robot Masters, as well as 4 difficulty modes.

mega-man-11-robot-masters.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

We've got some more details:

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2017/12/mega-man-11-details-from-game-informers.html#more

Mega Man 11 producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya reiterated it was a difficult environment for everyone at Capcom to say, "I really want to work on Mega Man" following Keiji Inafune's departure in 2011. Inafune was the brand's leader, so to speak. When he left there was a sense of emptiness among staff. No one knew how to fill his role.

Over the last seven years there were several pitches for new Mega Man games but Koji Oda, Mega Man 11's director, was the first to receive a greenlight. 

In redesigning Mega Man for MM11, Oda said they experimented with making the Blue Bomber "super masculine" and even "pretty". Ultimately they went with his classic look.

The MM11 team experimented with different ideas and concepts that would eventually become MM11. To get to that point, though, the team heavily discussed taking the franchise in a brand-new direction or sticking with a straightforward, familiar design.

In order to test the game's art style, the team took some of their favorite stages from Mega Man 5 through Mega Man 10 and redesigned them with Yuji Isharaha's "modern anime look".

A screenshot shows Mega Man using Rush Jet to navigating through a tunnel of platforms.

One of Mega Man's forms looks remarkably similar to Star Force Mega Man, right down to the Omega Xis buster arm. As previously stated, these forms reflect the Robot Master weapon Mega Man currently has equipped, taking on their physical characteristics. Game Informer does not say if this is the result of defeating a Robot Master that looks like Omega Xis, though. Maybe it's a bonus legacy costume? It's up for speculation.

There are a few screenshots of Mega Man running through a forest being chased by a wall of fire. In another screenshot of the same stage, there's a totem pole, a tent and a big wooden "Welcome!" sign. This stage looks a bit like a summer camp set during the evening.

Game Informer could not disclose the secret behind those little gear icons beneath Mega Man's health bar. However, GI were told it's a "nice addition to the action and helps balance the difficulty." This system is still a work in progress, but the hope is it will give players more tools to face death and still have fun.

Game Informer got to demo the game a bit and they say the controls are very tight and true to what you're accustom to. Both the charge shot and slide are back.

Players will have a number of difficulty options at their disposal. An easier difficulty, for example, will provide extra platforms over spikes and pits and less space between checkpoints.

As per tradition, there will be eight Robot Masters to tackle. The brick Robot Master seen at the end of the 30th anniversary stream was tentatively named Renga Man, which translates to Brick Man in English. It has a new name now which was not discussed. This Robot Master is apparently one of Dr. Light's most beloved creation. 

The Robot Masters in this game are former allies of Dr. Light.

Robot Master weapons will have multiple uses.

You can map Mega Man's weapons to the right analogue stick and hot-swap between them with a simple flick.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh hey, Capcom actually has a new MM game. Wonder who the dev is. Heard people speculate it's being made in-house, rather than being outsourced.

I agree with others about the graphics/animations looking rough, but I otherwise think it looks solid. I think they made the right move in going for a more modern presentation, instead of going the retraux route for the third time; and while I don't agree with it visually looking as bad as Mighty No. 9 or Sonic 4: Episode I,  I can see where the comparisons are being drawn (the cel-shaded look, and MM11 looking awful similar to MN9's concept art). Hopefully it turns out to be a good game nonetheless, the Blue Bomber could certainly benefit from one after all these years.

In all seriousness, this looks like it could be the start of something real special. Like the kind of hope we all felt after playing Mania for the first time, like Sonic (or in this case Mega Man) feels like something again. Getting some of that old glory back, one could say. Time to board the hype train.

N905Rm.gif

45c.png

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Spoiler

This comparisons are gonna be beautiful by the time the game gets released.

I wonder what the Light posse gonna be doing this time around? And are we gonna get another Street Fighter cameo ala news reporter Chun-Li?

7 hours ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Here Lies Mighty No. 9

2016 ~ 2017

....well as if we didn't need more reasons for why MN9 is dead.

That's bullshit and you know it

Spoiler

Mighty was dead on arrival

53 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Looks like we've got a glimpse of the Robot Masters, as well as 4 difficulty modes.

Oh sweet, we're getting bots with varying sizes again! I missed that.

For those that didn't see it, here's our first look at Roll.

game_171205_robomono_img04.jpg

It's safe to say Dr. Light and Wily will be getting slight redesigns as well.

Huh, pretty neat!

The Japanese title is ロックマン11運命の歯車!!, or "Mega man 11 Gear of Fate!!". Reminds me of MM9's subtitle, 野望の復活!!(The Ambitious Revival!!) .

MM9 came out after 11? years of Classic hiatus. Instead of continuing the 32-bit style from MM8 and MM&B, they decided to go nostalgic and to the root via 8-bit. MM11 was announced after 7 years of hiatus, this time with a completely revamped look. From the interview, it seems this project had much difficulty without Inafune. This game may determine the series' fate.

Have a feeling this is intentional. 

• Thumbs Up 3

37 minutes ago, Zippo said:

For those that didn't see it, here's our first look at Roll.

game_171205_robomono_img04.jpg

It's safe to say Dr. Light and Wily will be getting slight redesigns as well.

I hope dr. Wily keeps his megaman 8 redesign:5a261e5aecf67_download(31).jpg.91c15f9c92ec636965c1e8c8832ddd46.jpg

Instead of just a boring ol' lab coat.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

You know, the third one from the left kinda looks like...

Sonic_Boom_Sonic_Pose_1.png

1 hour ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Is it me or does the one on the left end look like that beetle guy from megaman x1?

2 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Is that Mecha Sonic third from the left?

D3zg8Pm.png

• Thumbs Up 2

This announcement really made my day for years ive been asking for a new Mega Man game and I finally got my wish. Thank God that they didn't go for an 8bit styled game hopefully this game is good.

mfw Roll, Dr. Light, and Dr. Wily are most certainly getting Amiibo for this.

Maybe throw in an Eddie Amiibo for good measure so you can summon him at any point in the stage, not just at set checkpoints.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd made it known that more Classic isn't what I wanted to see from the franchise but it is what I expected in the current climate. Putting that to one side though I think the game looks great despite what I'd rather have and I'm overall just glad to see the franchise back. Also overjoyed for it to not just be an 8-bit retread.

10 hours ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

and onwards if we count the other rewards not yet delivered!? :P

Is this actually a thing or has it just become a meme at this point regardless? I ask because I got all the backer rewards they delayed earlier this year and amn't waiting on anything anymore. Despite how it all turned out I respect that they did ultimately fulfill them, many other Kickstarters would just quietly never follow up on it.

1 minute ago, ZERO_ninja said:

Is this actually a thing or has it just become a meme at this point regardless?

Many fans have reported to have still not gotten their things sadly. Also,  I was including the portable ports in there as technically a reward via stretch goal.