Awoo.

Mega Man 11 Announced (Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC) (Late 2018)

Zippo

1 hour ago, Ultimate Victory 64 said:

DQOhyobW0AAFxMN.thumb.jpeg.10e5d4ad84786ea1f7b4006482c9adf4.jpeg

Looks angrily at Sega and Sonic Team

SEGA:

Well yeah? We acutally know what our audiences acutally want:

sanic_thumb.jpg

We don't leave them hanging like you guys!

*eyes shift*

*awkwardly sidles out the room*

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 4

6 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Alright! I am excited for this! Who else here thinks this will be better than Mighty No. 9?

-Signed, everyone

31 minutes ago, Shiguy said:

SEGA:

Well yeah? We acutally know what our audiences acutally want:

sanic_thumb.jpg

We don't leave them hanging like you guys!

*eyes shift*

*awkwardly sidles out the room*

A picture of Green Hill would be more apt. A silly meme doesn't have much to do with nostalgia.

• Thumbs Up 9

53 minutes ago, Zippo said:

MM11_New.jpg

Here's our first new Robot Master. 

Calling it now, it's going to be named Brick Man.

Just now, TheBlueGuardian said:

What about Fortress Man? or Castle Man? Tower Man?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Visually it looks really rough around the edges and it doesn't seem to be doing that much new mechanically. I'll probably still check it out though. 

Hopefully this leads to more Mega Man X

2 hours ago, Partridge in a Dee Tree said:

So...what was all that about disappointment??

I told you guys this was 2017, the year where anything can happen.

Needless to say, HYPED.

So Earthworm Jim, Bonk, Spyro, Goemon, Athena, and many more wait just around the corner?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

So Earthworm Jim, Bonk, Spyro, Goemon, Athena, and many more wait just around the corner?

HA! We wish...

We can only cross our fingers that 2018 continues the gaming comebacks.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Marcello said:

A picture of Green Hill would be more apt. A silly meme doesn't have much to do with nostalgia.

It's a little less to do with nostalgia and more-so trying to be in that, "hip crowd" (i.e pandering) with outdated material that isn't really trying to be clever or smart. It's just their way of cheekly being "self aware" without actually trying to be classy about it.

Taking their cake and trying to eat it too.

Really happy to see that Capcom has finally wisened up on the Switch. Having Mega Man 11, all of the classic Mega Man games, Mega Man X1-X8 and Ace Attorney on this is going to be phenomenal. 

3 minutes ago, Partridge in a Dee Tree said:

HA! We wish...

We can only cross our fingers that 2018 continues the gaming comebacks.

Considering that at least one revival this year failed (Double Dragon), plus the ironic Bubsy relaunch, I wonder if this will lead to the likes of Chuck Rock ever returning?

• Chuckle 1

Please, if anyone deserves a relaunch, it’s Lester The Unlikely.

On a serious note, it really is glad to see the Blue Bomber return at last, I can see this game being a refreshing start for him.

This game looks really good. Already looks 10 times better than Mighty No. 9. I'm so glad they didn't stick to the 8-bit aesthetic, but didn't overdo it like Mighty No. 9 either. It still has that classic vibe to it, but with some 3D backgrounds that still mesh well.

• Thumbs Up 3

54 minutes ago, TheBlueGuardian said:

53 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

What about Fortress Man? or Castle Man? Tower Man?

Temple Man, Ancient Man, Relic Man...  Idol Man, Statue Man...  It's not too difficult to come up with creative names.  Though it might be getting harder to come up with names which haven't already been taken; I'm not a Mega Man expert, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of these were already ineligible.

It looks... good?

I'm not really enthusiastic about it the way I was for Sonic Mania though. It's not a problem with the way the game looks; I just lost a lot of my interest in the series over the past several years. I think the reason I don't care is because we've had plenty of games to fill in the void that Mega Man left behind, with Shovel Knight standing tall above the competition. However, we never had the same thing happen with Sonic, which is probably why I got way more excited for Mania.

Moreover, I'm gonna have to play it myself and see whether it has MM9's bullshit difficulty before I let myself get attached to this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I'm honestly underwhelmed. I'm just not that into this series anymore, and I have to agree that it looks a bit rough around the edges. It seems sort of soulless. It'll probably be fine, and I'll play it at some point, but I'm not really super hyped for this or anything.

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

Temple Man, Ancient Man, Relic Man...  Idol Man, Statue Man...  It's not too difficult to come up with creative names.  Though it might be getting harder to come up with names which haven't already been taken; I'm not a Mega Man expert, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of these were already ineligible.

It'd only be difficult to name any fire-themed Robot Masters, feels like they've used nearly every word possible at this point. 

i'm not really sure how I feel about the game so far. I mean, it's great that we're getting a new Mega Man title, but it doesn't look like it plays all that differently from previous entries. Don't get me wrong, I loved the games, but after 10 entries in the classic series and several of the X series, I want something more than just "jump and shoot;" there's a reason I vastly preferred playing as Zero in the later X titles. 

Considering the game isn't coming out for almost another year (late 2018 is what the video says), I'm sure the graphics will get some polishing.

That said, I already like what it looks like. Can't wait to try it out.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

MM11_New.jpg

Here's our first new Robot Master. 

Block man...basin man

No, mortar man. Or some weird Japanese name.

Anyway, I'm very hyped for this and I hope it has a lot of content.

Also hoping for playable protoman or bass. Or even roll.

Only the concept art has been shown and my friend Molly (or Geno2925 as she is known on Cutstuff) has already made a sprite of this unnamed Robot Master:

unknown.png

Hey, she knows how to make'em

• Thumbs Up 5