Awoo.

[Fanfiction] Academy Chronicles: Rise of the Skylanders - A Prequel to SSMB Heroes Academy

Failinhearts

It's over, the epilogue to this over a year long project! Thanks to all those who read it and came along for the ride. It means a hell of a lot to hear from y'all about it and for it to be positively received. In places like Discord and reddit, as well.

See you for the next fanfic as the SSMB Heroes Academy story continues to grow!

CHAPTER 30: EPILOGUE - THE PIANIST WITHOUT A PAST

Spoiler

Purple eyes fluttered open as they adjust to the light of an artificial fixture on the ceiling. The sleeping girl got up, her blonde hair messy from bedhead.

“Where… am… I?”

She looked down, noting her wardrobe. A pink vest, orange tie, white undershirt, purple skirt with musical notes.

Confused by what she was wearing, she looks around the house. It was quaint, but perfectly fine. A sink, fridge, oven, TV, all the essentials were present. However, one aspect was surprisingly standout: A grand piano.

The girl was drawn to the instrument, as part of her memory surfaces.

“That’s right, I’m a pianist, right. But… is this my home? Did I always live here? What IS here?”

The girl got up once again as she walks to the piano and placed her finger on a key. The piano hummed with a high-pitched note, echoing through the house.

She found herself at peace with a smile before smoothing down her hair a bit. Determined to figure out where she is, she moved to the door of the house and opening it… revealing a humble village occupied by humans, creatures and animals of all kinds.

All the way at the end is an academy, under construction. The girl couldn’t help but feel… connected to it, but she simply stepped back. She put her hand to her forehead once more, remembering something crucial.

That’s when a civilian walked up to her. “Hello, new neighbour! Welcome to the Hub! What’s your name?”

The girl looked at the man and smiled, remembering her name clearly now.

“My name’s Kaede, Kaede Akamatsu!”

TO BE CONTINUED, IN THE ROLEPLAY: SSMB HEROES ACADEMY….

• Thumbs Up 2