Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank possible re-imagining continuation and TV series

Blueknight V2.0

According to a recent livestream by Ratchet & Clank developer, Insomniac Games, hinted that a new Ratchet & Clank game would be a cross between R&C Future: A Crack in Time and the PS4 Re-imagining. So, if they are wanting to continue the re-imagining, which was also started as a movie, so it would make sense to accompany the game with a premiere of a Ratchet & Clank TV show. Now there are no sources that I can find that confirms a TV show, it just makes sense that they do one. Another reason why it might be possible is that Technicolor is already picking up on Video Game based TV shows including Sonic Boom and the upcoming Sly Cooper TV series, which is another Playstation IP and exclusive franchise. Playstation partnered with Technicolor to make Sly Cooper, since the Ratchet & Clank movie wasn't as successful as they hoped maybe they decided to do Ratchet & Clank TV show like Sly Cooper, instead of doing a sequel to the movie. Now the Sly Cooper movie is still planned, it's just coming after the TV show. As for the Jak & Daxter movie, that is still unknown because of the Sly Cooper movie was supposed to come out first, but due to Ratchet's box office performance, they had change their whole strategy of video game based films. So a CG TV show released with a new game would be the best direction to take for Ratchet & Clank.

As for the concept of the show, I think it should continue from where the movie left off, have a lot more weapons, gadgets and a deeper story similar to that of the Future Saga. Now if they are continuing the movie/ PS4 re-imagining, then the gameplay would be similar to the PS4 game and follow a similar story to that of the first season. Each version of the story however can have their own set of characters, weapons, gadgets, locations and story details.

Now this is just my idea/theory on how the series could be taken. The video above is from Youtuber VTNVIVI who covers news ranging from Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Jak and Daxter, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon as well as other platformer games.

Difficult to judge whether a tv show would do much better than the movie, which pretty much bombed.

As for the idea of a new game based around the beautifully polished - if a tad short - PS4 game and A Crack in Time which is a wonderful game-my favorite of the "future" franchise. Hell yell, sounds like my kind of game!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Oh. So.. the movie game was an actual reboot?

That's stupid. Seeing as how Into the Nexus ended on a cliffhanger 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Razule said:

Oh. So.. the movie game was an actual reboot?

Considering all the stuff that has happened we could have an in universe excuse of it being Quark’s fevered recollection of the events of the first game

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not sure how I feel about "a possible series based on the reboot game". I loved the game in about every aspect but story and humour. To get all of the story I did like erased for something that could be as boring and bland, I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was more than unimpressed with the remake's seeming need to sand all of the rough edges off of every character and joke (as some sort of massive overcorrection from Asshole-Ratchet?); particularly when the Future games didn't seem particularly walled garden to begin with and were a good enough correction from Deadlocked as it was. If it was in fact a reboot all along and the series is just going to go from there, I'll pass from now on.

• Thumbs Up 1