Awoo.

Soul Calibur VI (Does your soul still burn)

Meta77

Every time I watch this trailer it looks... blurry? Like there's a weird motion blur effect over it. Gameplay looks good though. Love the detailed blocking animations.

An early look... Mitsurugi and Sophitia look really young compared to SC6, and both appear to be wearing costumes based on their sc1 looks. Mitsu in particular looks even younger than he did in SC1. I think this is almost certainly an alternate reality retelling  of either a.) Soul Calibur 1 or a story set somewhere between soul edge and SC2. 

I seriously thought this series was dead after SCV. So psyched to see it return, hopefully with Tekken out of the way this time they won't neglect this one.

So hyped to see the series back. Hopefully the combat and mechanics are as good or better than they were in SCV. Such a shame the game with the best combat in the series was overlooked because players only care if their favourite characters come back.

As I've said before "Welcome back SoulCalibur. Now GET IN MY HARD-DRIVE!" as well as "Thank You" to Bandai Namco for working hard on the game.

It's probably blurry cause they don't want to show off to much in a early build. If they got this to 4k I'd be insane with you add 60fps and is a pass

Also V was far from good and not just cause old cast was gone

Regardless of it being blurry or not. I'm hyped as hell. Finally a SC game. SCV was the last one and while the servers weren't top notch, I loved it. SC6 is already looking great. But bring back my bae Talim. We need that innocent girl. I've missed playing with her.

• 1 month later...

New trailer:

Nightmare, Kilik and Xianghua returning. new character with the dual blade is a super edgy guy called Groh, switches between stances like mad.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

New trailer:

Nightmare, Kilik and Xianghua returning. new character with the dual blade is a super edgy guy called Groh, switches between stances like mad.

Okay who was the guest designer that made Groh?

/s

I gotta be honest this is actually my favorite Nightmare design yet. I'm always sold on tattered capes but otherwise its a pretty solid design for me.

I'm actually glad to see the old characters with modern versions of the SC1 outfits. I do wonder what they're planning story wise, especially with that stinger.

Though if you want what I think about the new guy well he looks pretty fun to play as. His fighting style looks unique for the series. I just hope they explain him unlike what they did with Z.W.E.I and Viola but that was something outside of their power.

• Nice Smile 1

The new character is very, very anime. Not historical anime like this series normally does, just full blown sci fi fantasy anime.

The game looks really good still, I think but man is he anime.

On 1/26/2018 at 12:15 PM, Crow the BOOLET said:

Though if you want what I think about the new guy well he looks pretty fun to play as. His fighting style looks unique for the series. I just hope they explain him unlike what they did with Z.W.E.I and Viola but that was something outside of their power.

Fully expecting him to have no explanation and just have the story be a nonsense jaunt starring Patrokles again, somehow

So there's been some speculation about Seigfried's role and playability in 6. It turns out Siegfried is Soul Edge's host here which makes sense given where they're putting 6 in the timeline which is around SC1 presumably. However everyone is worried that Siegfried isn't going to be playable outside of being Nightmare. I'm not too worried personally because SC1 did had them both as separate characters (which storywise Siegfried was Nightmare at the time) and Siegfried is a skin for Nightmare in 2 so he's going to be there, even if his playing style is merged with Nightmare's which isn't too much of a loss personally since they play nearly the same. Nightmare just has been getting more tools is all.

Hey something interesting to show at least.

Not shocked about Siegfried, I was kind've expecting this. Of course, its heavily speculated and believed that Nightmare's host in Soul Calibur V is 

Spoiler

Raphael, even though he's a separate character there

so it doesn't really preclude the idea of Siegfried and Nightmare being separate characters. And, well, Siegfried and Nightmare are very different from one another. The only real similarity is that they wield the same weapon.

Its likely that early on they used to play more similarly, but by IV (IV and V being the only titles I've played), they're very different from one another. They have the same weapon and some similar moves, but I'd hardly say that they play "nearly the same."

• 3 weeks later...

I was not expecting Zasalamel at all or any past 2 for that matter. I guess it makes sense since he's one of the canonically older characters due to his reincarnation. Gotta say though they made him look super fun to play as. He has the powers of ZA WARUDO!

And we all knew Ivy was coming since she's pretty iconic. Can we get Taki too? That would be nice.

I'm glad SCs Sexiest Character,

Spoiler

Zasalamel

is back.

1 hour ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

Can we get Taki too? That would be nice.

Yeah if Ivy's here Taki's gonna be here too I think. I feel like sc1 era was her high point of relevance, so can't see her missing this.

hope her costume changes a little tho

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

6 hours ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

I was not expecting Zasalamel at all or any past 2 for that matter. I guess it makes sense since he's one of the canonically older characters due to his reincarnation. Gotta say though they made him look super fun to play as. He has the powers of ZA WARUDO!

And we all knew Ivy was coming since she's pretty iconic. Can we get Taki too? That would be nice.

We've got Sophitia back. Taki is just plain obvious. I'm surprised she hasn't been announced yet, but we're definitely getting Taki.

The main characters we really can't get are the new generation characters from SCV, barring timey-wimey shenanigans, but I kinda doubt they'll do that. Which is annoying given most of them didn't get fully developed and they're just getting shelved, but eh, I guess its not -that- big of a big deal.

The only real new characters from SCV I think we could see are ZWEI and Viola. Viola would require huge retconning assuming what we know about her is accurate, though. ZWEI on the other hand could show up much younger here (a teenager I'm guessing) and probably still work.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a bump. This is actually pretty important news.

Preorders of the game are up now. Everywhere has the release date stated for a December 31st release date. Whether or not that's a placeholder date til further notice is up in the air because its a weird time to be released but that might just be me.

22 hours ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

Time for a bump. This is actually pretty important news.

Preorders of the game are up now. Everywhere has the release date stated for a December 31st release date. Whether or not that's a placeholder date til further notice is up in the air because its a weird time to be released but that might just be me.

Typically December 31st is the go-to placeholder date for games with just a year as the placeholder.

As speculated and rumored by many, Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher is the guest character.
Nice to see Japan willing to have a collaboration with a polish company. Yeah, since Spawn most of the guests have been from western-made series (Image Comics, Lucasfilm, Santa Monica Studio and Ubisoft), the exceptions being Heiachi, Link and Lloyd Irving but this is an interesting step forward.