Awoo.

Soul Calibur VI (Does your soul still burn)

Meta77

I am honestly looking forward to this. Much more than I was expecting to. Maybe because of the returning cast, or maybe because it's been quiet in the Soul series scene for a while after SCV. I couldn't tell you. Probably a bit of both sides. Though I admit that Zasalamel returning floored me, due to how much I liked him In SC3. And his move set is looking even better than ever before. It's great to see Sophitia and Taki back in the mix. Taki still being my go to for serious fights, so seeing her moves in action for this new one will be amazing.

Though I am digging Ivy's move set too. She was always a dangerous one, though the new stuff added to her pretty much makes her out right beastly.

3 hours ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

It's great to see Sophitia and Taki back in the mix.

You confused the crap out of me. I hadn't heard about any new characters announced since Geralt. So I started looking around and couldn't find anything.

Far as I can tell, Taki hasn't been confirmed yet. I mean, its almost guaranteed she's back, but she still hasn't been confirmed yet.

39 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

You confused the crap out of me. I hadn't heard about any new characters announced since Geralt. So I started looking around and couldn't find anything.

Far as I can tell, Taki hasn't been confirmed yet. I mean, its almost guaranteed she's back, but she still hasn't been confirmed yet.

Sorry. I guess it's me being overly excited and getting a bit ahead of myself. Though I would think she would return for myself. I would find it weird if she wouldn't return.

Been a while since we got a reveal. A little disappointed its -only- Siegfried, though it is funny how some people were worried he wouldn't come back.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JaidynReiman said:

Been a while since we got a reveal. A little disappointed its -only- Siegfried, though it is funny how some people were worried he wouldn't come back.

I'll admit that I even find it a little silly. Siegfried is pretty much senonamous with the Soul series. It would be a suicide move to remove him, since he and Nightmare were pretty much the core reason for most of the Soul series. Soul Edge being the game that birthed Nightmare from Siegfried's desire for the original blades, when they were still in Cervantes's possession. So yeah. The fear of him not being in the new one, is pretty much moot.

• 3 weeks later...

Our next returning veteran in Taki. The weird thing is that she's having a open mouthpiece in her gear, i'm not sure why it's there.

• Way Past Cool 1

36 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

YES!!! I had a gut feeling she would return and my gut feelings are rarely ever wrong. Though it was a bit obvious that they would have to bring her back, since most of the old cast is returning. And her moveset looks so much more polished and amazing in this. I literally am sold on this game now. Not that I wasn't before, but this solidifies it.

36 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

The weird thing is that she's having a open mouthpiece in her gear, i'm not sure why it's there.

That actually isn't all that unusual or new. Some of Taki's outfits in older games had alts which sported a open mouthpiece. I don't remember for sure which games exactly, but know for a fact that she has had that open mouthpiece before for sure.

Edit- I think it was actually Soul Calibur 4 when Taki had a open mouthpiece. At least I think so. [God, I need to play my old SC games again. It's been too long.]

Edited by Ashwalking Bat

• 3 weeks later...

Our next veteran returning is Yoshimitsu, wich per tradition has a new design and i think a new voice actor.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Heh...I was actually avoiding this topic because of how much V bugged me. I just happened to come across character art that instantly told me the proper cast was back. Wanna see the official art of some of the announced characters? (If you haven't already.)

Zasalamel: (I'm putting him first because he's so awesome and I'm glad he's back. Anybody that wields a Scythe with ease like he does is cool. That's a fact!)

Spoiler

sc6-zasalamel.jpg

Taki:

Spoiler

sc6-taki.jpg

Sophitia:

Spoiler

sc6-sophitia-alexandra.jpg

Siegfried:

Spoiler

sc6-siegfried.jpg

Nightmare:

Spoiler

sc6-nightmare.jpg

Kilik:

Spoiler

sc6-kilik.jpg

Ivy:

Spoiler

sc6-ivy-valentine.jpg

Mitsurugi:

Spoiler

sc6-heishiro-mitsurugi.jpg

Xianghua:

Spoiler

sc6-chai-xianghua.jpg

Now for the newbies...

Geralt of Rivia:

Spoiler

sc6-geralt-of-rivia.jpg

Groh:

Spoiler

sc6-groh.jpg

Never actually played that Witcher game but I am aware that Geralt is the protag, making him this instalments guest character. As of typing this, Yoshi art has not been shown yet at the website where I found these. (I hope those links work.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

4 hours ago, DanJ86 said:

Heh...I was actually avoiding this topic because of how much V bugged me. I just happened to come across character art that instantly told me the proper cast was back. Wanna see the official art of some of the announced characters? (If you haven't already.)

Zasalamel: (I'm putting him first because he's so awesome and I'm glad he's back. Anybody that wields a Scythe with ease like he does is cool. That's a fact!)

Reveal hidden contents

sc6-zasalamel.jpg

Taki:

Reveal hidden contents

sc6-taki.jpg

Sophitia:

Reveal hidden contents

sc6-sophitia-alexandra.jpg

Siegfried:

Reveal hidden contents

sc6-siegfried.jpg

Nightmare:

Reveal hidden contents

sc6-nightmare.jpg

Kilik:

Reveal hidden contents

sc6-kilik.jpg

Ivy:

Reveal hidden contents

sc6-ivy-valentine.jpg

Mitsurugi:

Reveal hidden contents

sc6-heishiro-mitsurugi.jpg

Xianghua:

Reveal hidden contents

sc6-chai-xianghua.jpg

Now for the newbies...

Geralt of Rivia:

Reveal hidden contents

sc6-geralt-of-rivia.jpg

Groh:

Reveal hidden contents

sc6-groh.jpg

Never actually played that Witcher game but I am aware that Geralt is the protag, making him this instalments guest character. As of typing this, Yoshi art has not been shown yet at the website where I found these. (I hope those links work.)

Yeah I understand the frustration of V's character roster being mostly new cast. I was sad to see a lot of familiar faces gone, but what ended up having me get it was the character customization. But I am weird like that. XD

I am loving all the art of the characters and it honestly feels good to see them all back in this new one. I hope they all get a great story in this game's main story and I really am looking forward to playing my favorites again. I share your love for Zasalamel. He is an awesome character that had a very short two game run, at least till this new one comes out. Seeing more of him will hopefully also bring some interesting story for him once more.

• Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not surprised Maxi is baxi, with Kilik and Xia confirmed in the game, Maxi had to be in too. The three are really close friends if I recall correctly.

latest?cb=20090513215927

Anyway, I also bring new art of Yoshimitsu and Maxi for those that want to see 'em.

Yoshimitsu:

Spoiler

sc6-yoshimitsu.jpg

Maxi:

Spoiler

sc6-maxi.jpg

Legends never die!

• Fist Bump 1

On 6/1/2018 at 4:27 AM, DanJ86 said:

I'm not surprised Maxi is baxi, with Kilik and Xia confirmed in the game, Maxi had to be in too. The three are really close friends if I recall correctly.

latest?cb=20090513215927

Hehehe 'Maxi is Baxi'~ That is so positively silly sounding, but I love it~

But yeah, I think I remember something mentioned about the three of them being friends. Though you'd know in gameplay too, due to unique dialogues between characters that know eachother. That's what I love about the Soul series. Just that story subtext with characters.

• Fist Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...

Story trailer. Seems to be structured like the one of Dissidia NT, with story arcs happening at the same time on a big line.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

• 4 weeks later...

People flip over flat chested waifu but I neeeeeeeeeeeever see anyone actively use her in matches

• 2 weeks later...

Talim is criminally underused. In fact, she was one of three characters I loved to play as at all times. Maybe it's due to personal tastes but I like charters that move fast and hit quickly. Giving your opponents little time to react.

• Thumbs Up 1

Voldo is a common place character and not surprisingly, one of the few characters to NOT have character replacements for them or to not be fully removed. Siegfried, Ivy, and Cervantes are the only three other characters. I mean Siegfried had a technical voided absence in the early games after Soul Edge. But that was namely due to the fact that he WAS Nightmare.

q0iFBcY.jpg

It's nice to see Talim again. Haven't seen her in a while, it's refreshing because she's not...exaggerated like the rest of the female cast. She still wears the Pac-Man reference too. ^-^

I'm kinda rooting for Cassandra to return. She has much more of a personality compared to Sophitia in my opinion.

rOsToFr.jpg

• Way Past Cool 1

• 3 weeks later...

The next two veterans returning are Astaroth and Seong Mi-Na. The latter was also missing since Soul Calibur IV.
Not too amused by this, but i knew these were coming at some point.

• Thumbs Up 1