Jump to content
Meta77

Bayonetta 3! (Coming Exclusive to Switch)

Recommended Posts

I really don't like bayonetta getting disintergrated in the trailer, even if it's by what appears to be an awakened rodin? (well, the purple fire suggests some kind of powerful demon anyway) but I'm pretty excited because I fuckin love these games dude.

A lot of the imagery suggesting bayonetta losing/being destroyed. The red ribbon being sliced in half, the eyes of the world/logo being shattered. I wonder if you'll even play as bayo. Maybe Jeanne led ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calm down Nintendo I can only take so much aggression. Glad to see the decade of Ninty giving no fucks and expecting to see success for no content is finally behind us.

 

2 hours ago, Sean said:

lmfao DMCV is irrelevant and it hasn't even been announced yet

Bayo is incredible, but Itsuno is also god tier at making these games too. Bayonetta owes the guy a lot, he took DMC to greater heights than Kamiya did and in turn influenced Bayo1 a shittone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

SEGA just sell Bayonetta to Nintendo already. 

Why should SEGA sell Bayonetta...when it can get Nintendo and PG to make/publish good games for the IP...and profit from it while doing almost nothing?

This is like Sony with Spiderman in the movie industry.

As long Bayonetta is loved by millions, SEGA will never let go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Why should SEGA sell Bayonetta...when it can get Nintendo and PG to make good games for the IP...and profit from it while doing almost nothing?

This is like Sony with Spiderman in the movie industry.

It wasn't a serious comment; just a remark on the fact that SEGA is so uninterested in doing anything with the IP and Nintendo basically being it's adoptive parent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

It wasn't a serious comment; just a remark on the fact that SEGA is so uninterested in doing anything with the IP and Nintendo basically being it's adoptive parent.

Well, SEGA is showing some interest as they will be advertising the game and they are letting PG still develop the games.

But that's the thing though. SEGA doesn't have to do nothing right now. Unless, they want Bayonetta on PlayStation, PC and Xbox again. As long Nintendo continues to give SEGA a cut for publishing Bayonetta games, they don't have to do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason basically comes down to different priorities. Bayo has never been a big seller and is a niche appeal game. To make the point, saying the game is "loved by millions" is a stretch when it doesn't even have millions of people buying them. Hence why SEGA aren't racing to put sequels out.

Nintendo on the other hand have a console they want to get into the hands of as many people as possible and so will be more inclined to want to bring niche appeal games to the system, because as much as the game doesn't sell in massive numbers, it allows them to appeal to a different audience and incentivise more people to adopt the system and hopefully become repeat buyers for other games after they adopted for Bayonetta.

 

TL;DR SEGA only have how the game performs to care about, and it doesn't perform great despite how good they are. Nintendo have how it helps the appeal of their system library to care about and it gives them some good reviews, media attention and caters to a niche audience they don't already have covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ZERO_ninja said:

To make the point saying the game is "loved by millions" when it doesn't even have millions of people buying them.

That's very hard to tell.

No one knew of Bayonetta when it launched. Hence poor sales. It gradually became popular though as time flew by.

Then the sequel was announced. Exclusively on the Wii U, the console almost nobody has. I wanted to play Bayonetta 2, but I don't have the console for it. I remember the outrage of the game being exclusive to Wii U.

Maybe things will change with Bayonetta 3 since Switch is selling like hot cakes and we will see how Bayonetta will do this time. I'm expecting Bayo 3 to sell way more than 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Well, SEGA is showing some interest as they will be advertising the game and they are letting PG still develop the games.

But that's the thing though. SEGA doesn't have to do nothing right now. Unless, they want Bayonetta on PlayStation, PC and Xbox again. As long Nintendo continues to give SEGA a cut for publishing Bayonetta games, they don't have to do nothing.

Doesn't look like SEGA is advertising the game at all. They didn't advertise Bayonetta 2 either. They made be the property holder, but that's virtually the extent of their involvement. Platinum is making the game and Nintendo is publishing. It's more an endeavour between those two companies, and SEGA is a third wheel that holds all the cards and is entitled to a share of the cut. They aren't really showing an interest, but are instead allowing another company (Nintendo) to take on the financial burden because that company wants to. Bayonetta 1 received critical acclaim, but it was not a financial success for them. This was the case with all of the games from the Platinum Games and SEGA deal that was struck back when Platinum first formed. Bayonetta 2 was cancelled by SEGA and it was up to Platinum to pitch it to other publishers who would be interested (Sony, Microsoft and more declined, Nintendo accepting it was a shock to everyone involved).

SEGA don't really want to invest more time and money in Bayonetta, but allow others to do so. I mean, that's business, that's law and that's fine. But it's a shame that the property holder is so hands-off and uninterested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Doesn't look like SEGA is advertising the game at all. They didn't advertise Bayonetta 2 either. They made be the property holder, but that's virtually the extent of their involvement. Platinum is making the game and Nintendo is publishing. It's more an endeavour between those two companies, and SEGA is a third wheel that holds all the cards and is entitled to a share of the cut. They aren't really showing an interest, but are instead allowing another company (Nintendo) to take on the financial burden because that company wants to. Bayonetta 1 received critical acclaim, but it was not a financial success for them. This was the case with all of the games from the Platinum Games and SEGA deal that was struck back when Platinum first formed. Bayonetta 2 was cancelled by SEGA and it was up to Platinum to pitch it to other publishers who would be interested (Sony, Microsoft and more declined, Nintendo accepting it was a shock to everyone involved).

SEGA don't really want to invest more time and money in Bayonetta, but allow others to do so. I mean, that's business, that's law and that's fine. But it's a shame that the property holder is so hands-off and uninterested.

Hmmm. I guess you're right in a way. They could have made Bayonetta 3 open to all platforms instead of going through an easy route. SEGA just don't want to spend money. 

I'm surprised that SEGA hasn't made a remaster of Bayonetta 1 for PS4/Xbox One. That's easy money there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

That's very hard to tell.

No one knew of Bayonetta when it launched. Hence poor sales. It gradually became popular though as time flew by.

Then the sequel was announced. Exclusively on the Wii U, the console almost nobody has. I wanted to play Bayonetta 2, but I don't have the console for it. I remember the outrage of the game being exclusive to Wii U.

Maybe things will change with Bayonetta 3 since Switch is selling like hot cakes and we will see how Bayonetta will do this time. I'm expecting Bayo 3 to sell way more than 2.

Lifetime sales of Bayo 1 are less than 3 million and that's including counting the WiiU version that came bundled with Bayo2 (and a lot of those WiiU people will have been repeat buyers).

Bayo 2 didn't even break a million. I understand things are against it with the WiiU install base but that doesn't change the fact that there aren't millions of people buying these games regardless of the whys.

I'm not saying Bayo 3 is going to do badly. But even if it's the best selling Bayonetta game ever (and I think it'll definitely outperform 2) it still won't really be a high selling game even then. Which is where the difference in priority for SEGA and Ninty with the IP comes in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Hmmm. I guess you're right in a way. They could have made Bayonetta 3 open to all platforms instead of going through an easy route. SEGA just don't want to spend money. 

I'm surprised that SEGA hasn't made a remaster of Bayonetta 1 for PS4/Xbox One. That's easy money there.

To make it open to all platforms, they would probably have to cut all Bayonetta related ties to Nintendo. The first game got a PC port relatively recently, but it's unlikely that that will happen for the sequel because of Nintendo's involvement (even if all the Nintendo themed content was removed or replaced). And this just a guess, but part of the agreement between Nintendo and SEGA could be that new Bayonetta releases remain Nintendo exclusive on consoles for the time being, which would prevent ports of the first game to XB1 and PS4.

It's so so so awesome that Nintendo is able to support Bayonetta. Firstly because Nintendo is a company that I trust to deliver quality work fair treatment of their developers and fans, and secondly because it's a great niche that can be nurtured properly with the interest of a first party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ZERO_ninja said:

Lifetime sales of Bayo 1 are less than 3 million and that's including counting the WiiU version that came bundled with Bayo2 (and a lot of those WiiU people will have been repeat buyers).

Does this include the recent PC version? 330K+ sold on PC.

Bayo 2 didn't even break a million. I understand things are against it with the WiiU install base but that doesn't change the fact that there aren't millions of people buying these games regardless of the whys.

Again. I wanted to buy Bayonetta 2. But how can I buy it if I can't play it? There are millions of players who are like me. Hence even worse sales. But if Nintendo didn't publish Bayo 2, Bayo 2 would have never existed. It was a lose-lose situation.

How can SEGA have faith in Bayonetta back then to put any money in it?

I'm not saying Bayo 3 is going to do badly. But even if it's the best selling Bayonetta game ever (and I think it'll definitely outperform 2) it still won't really be a high selling game even then. Which is where the difference in priority for SEGA and Ninty with the IP comes in.

SEGA should be proud that Bayonetta 1 even sold more than 2 million copies. Sonic games have been struggling to make that kind of number and they are still pouring money to it. That's what I don't get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marcello said:

WTF. This is terrible! Nintendo how could you do this to us? Why, why, why, why? Why does she have her Bayonetta 1 look? WHY?

first lol

2nd apparently the guns she's using in the trailer are her guns from the bayonetta prequel anime. so it would suggest this is set before bayo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Does this include the recent PC version? 330K+ sold on PC.

This is a lot of dedication to see it cross an honestly insignificant threshold. Also probably not even then. That less than 3 million was combining Bayo 1 and Bayo 2's sales, but not every copy of Bayo2 included 1. It'd have to be 2/3rds of Bayo2 copies that include 1 for that PC figure to make the difference for it to barely hit the 3mil; if as many as half the sales of Bayo 2 had only 2 included then it doesn't reach that mark. Which for a game that's had 2 re-releases 4 years later and then another 3 years later that's abysmally low. Not to mention I expect somewhere in the region of half both the WiiU and PC sales were repeat buyers.

20 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

SEGA should be proud that Bayonetta 1 even sold more than 2 million copies. Sonic games have been struggling to make that kind of number and they are still pouring money to it. That's what I don't get.

To compare to Sonic Generations, that sold 4 million without having to be re-released on other platforms twice in less than a decade and is a franchise proven to be capable of over 20 million sales for a single game. Franchises past (and not just recent) performance is a huge factor in a companies perceived risk in putting out a new installment. Bayonetta barely reaches 2 million first game out, and the majority of games will see less sales on a sequel, hard for SEGA to justify taking the franchise further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Remy said:

first lol

2nd apparently the guns she's using in the trailer are her guns from the bayonetta prequel anime. so it would suggest this is set before bayo1

So they're pulling a Devil May Cry 3 on us which was pretty much a prequel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ZERO_ninja said:

Calm down Nintendo I can only take so much aggression. Glad to see the decade of Ninty giving no fucks and expecting to see success for no content is finally behind us.

 

Bayo is incredible, but Itsuno is also god tier at making these games too. Bayonetta owes the guy a lot, he took DMC to greater heights than Kamiya did and in turn influenced Bayo1 a shittone.

Does he really? He did DMC3 which was great but he also did DMC4 which was trash. The DMCV leak, assuming it's true, sounds like it's taking a lot of cues from 4, too. At this point I don't even know what to expect out of DMC's future.

At least with Kamiya it's outright guaranteed that anything he directs will be solid fucking gold. If he's the lead dev for Bayo3 this time then DMCV won't have shit on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, a while back Platinum teased Bayonetta for Switch. And now we've got the first two and a new third game.

But, if you also remember they also teased this:

Quote

AfphHBf.jpg

I've only played the demo, but here's a comparison to the jacket from the first game:

SPmoztV.jpg

So this could definitely also be hinting at a sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.