Awoo.

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced (May 2018) (Switch, PS4, Xbox, Steam)

Zippo

Sweet! I'm definitely going to pick this up, probably on Switch so that I can play it wherever. I haven't played much of the SFIII games, so this will be the perfect opportunity to give those some extended play sessions.

And yet Ultra Street Fighter 2 On its own costs so damn much for some reason still. Whut?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. Capcom sure pulled all the stops in that collection covering less than half of the series' life, making sure to fill it with with only 50% complete padding!

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/939989924727595008

Yoooooooooo

DQuFErrUEAE-Q5p.jpg

Alpha 3 and Third Strike?! On the Go?

Alpha 3 has been available on the go (and in what will likely be a much better form than this version will be) for over a decade now.

Literally, even.

4 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Wow. Capcom sure pulled all the stops in that collection covering less than half of the series' life, making sure to fill it with with only 50% complete padding!

Alpha 3 has been available on the go (and in what will likely be a much better form than this version will be) for over a decade now.

Literally, even.

I'm talking about having the games for a modern portable system, something that won't collect dust, like the PSP. I wasn't clear enough in my wording.

So Ultra Street Fighter 2 really has no purpose outside of Capcom setting a BS test for Switch support nowadays. 

Finally the best Street fighter(3) can now be played on the go.

Here's to hoping more fighters can be ported to the Switch.

Also kinda of on topic, could they possibly do a Marvel vs Capcom collection in the future perhaps? (Capcom now has the license so maybe they can port their Marvel 1/2 remasters to modern consoles/PC)

43 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I take it online won’t be across all these or yes?

Online is only available for the following: SF2:Hyper Fighting, SF2: Turbo, SF Alpha 3, and SF3 3rd Strike.

Edited by AxelPrime
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

So Ultra Street Fighter 2 really has no purpose outside of Capcom setting a BS test for Switch support nowadays. 

I mean it’s still a console exclusive rebalance of the game, and it’s likely the reason we’re getting this collection. So there’s that

but yeah we now have the ultimate 2 player anywhere option for the 2D legacy of the franchise so that’s awesome!

God damn that sprite viewer. I love little stuff like that.

Capcom seems to have realized their mistakes and want to make amends. Which I'm perfectly fine with. Give MVCI some love Capcom and you'll remain in my heart Capcom, I can forgive you anything as long as you don't fuck up again in the future.

Just don't fuck up again man please.

and port SFV to the lesser systems please my xbox one ass is sore from the lack of big hitters.

• Thumbs Up 2

I must have missed out on the target age for switch travel aspect. As much as I enjoy mine I never have time to undock as I'm always either at work in the morning and home at night so it's always docked

Very happy to see this. Nice to have a fairly comprehensive collection, especially when this is the first time the pre-3rd Strike versions of III can be played on something not a Dreamcast. Which is nice for the purposes of archiving history and getting the characters endings. Wish Alpha 2 had online as well since it's the best Alpha game IMO and Alpha 3 is more it's own thing than an extension of the Alpha games, but overall a great collection.

16 hours ago, Tornado said:

What other than the Street Fighter IV series are they overlooking for you? All the crossover games obviously have licensing issues that make including them very difficult and the same goes for the EX series.

3 hours ago, ZERO_ninja said:

What other than the Street Fighter IV series are they overlooking for you?

Yeah, other than that series taking up six years of the thirty year history that completely jump started the entire genre again...

A thirty year anniversary collection for a franchise that (more or less) had games released at least somewhat continuously since 1987 contains nothing newer than 19 years old. It doesn't even have all of the versions of Street Fighter II released to arcades, nevermind (it seems based on the list provided) any of the enhanced console versions of anything, or anything from the EX series, or anything that is very obviously Street Fighter-related even when under a different name. And even though Street Fighter was one of the biggest juggernauts in the entertainment industry period during its heyday, I wouldn't be surprised if it had nothing more than lipservice paid towards anything that wasn't a game.

It's no more "fairly comprehensive" than the Megaman Legacy Collection was (meaning insofar as Capcom don't have to put much effort into it, they'll put it into the collection), but that at least had another game come out to sort of fill in some of the gaps.

It's kind of neat that 2nd impact is in there. I wonder if it'll have the native widescreen support the arcade version did.

Furthermore, I'd probably be more excited for this if 3rd strike online edition wasn't such a bummer of a release, having bought it once on xbox and again on 360 I feel kind of like a stooge buying it again. It would also be cool if,  as above they threw in EX or at least USFIV (like why not?)

It's still a pretty neat collection but it could have been godlike. I almost wanna get it on switch but then I'd have to buy another stick..........