Badnik Mechanic

New Sonic Comic Coming 2018 "No It's not Archie or IDW"

24 minutes ago, Zers Editor said:

I bet this is going to be a localized version of 25th-anniversary Sonic Channel Comics.

For comparison: http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/comic/25th/

Most likely - Metal Sonic's art on the cover is directly from his comic on the site! 

EDIT: And the Sonic cover's from the final issue of em, innit

21 minutes ago, Zers Editor said:

I bet this is going to be a localized version of 25th-anniversary Sonic Channel Comics.

For comparison: http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/comic/25th/

Good call; the Sonic, Tails, and Eggman art from the covers are all derived from the final 25th anniversary strip here, while the Metal Sonic art is from the penultimate panel of the Metal Sonic strip here.

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Were those ever officially released in english? I remember someone making mock fan-translations of them as they came out, but I don't recall Sega ever doing it themselves...

Nope. They were exclusively on Sonic Channel's site but there were some fan translations floating around.

I've actually got an album of what I think is all of them? Already fan-translated.

They're pretty cute, and shine light on a lot of the smaller, weirder bits of the canon (Amy's fortune-telling, the fact that slicers suck, etc.), but they're nothing mind-blowing

18 hours ago, Razule said:

The cover's being all action-packed seems like false advertising, but the translated Channel comics  would be nice. I wonder if they're canon..

Why shouldn't they? They were released in the official sonic page after all.

I really enjoy the cover of them, and I hope they're original. They do advertise them as "exclusive" and I remember hearing somewhere that someone reached out to TOMY about them being delayed, and they said the comic should "please the fans". Also, if you look closely (under the cool Sonic the Sketchhog drawing), you'll see the Sonic Team logo, so maybe it's all original and made by Sonic Team themselves? I dunno. I'm super hyped for them though, especially since I collect  Sonic figures.

On 14.12.2017 at 11:16 AM, DoubleXXCross said:

Aww, my more on-voice version of the Sticks comic isn't in there. ;)

In serious news I'm happy official English versions might be happening. They're super-cute.

These little comics are really cute.