Awoo.

For $70 Billion The Walt Disney Company Are Set To Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. And The Deal is GO!

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

You heard right folks! This deal is very well much a thing! Disney have finally struck a deal to end many deals with Fox studios!

ANd holy cow does that give them access to A LOT!

For starters:

• Acquisition complements and enhances The Walt Disney Company’s ability to provide consumers around the world with more appealing content and entertainment options
  • Transaction to include 21st Century Fox’s film and television studios, cable entertainment networks and international TV businesses
  • Popular entertainment properties including X-Men, Avatar, The Simpsons, FX Networks and National Geographic to join Disney’s portfolio
  • Expands Disney’s direct-to-consumer offerings with addition of 21st Century Fox’s entertainment content, capabilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia; Hulu stake becomes a controlling interest
  • Addition of extensive international properties, including Star in India and Fox’s 39% ownership of Sky across Europe, enhances Disney’s position as a truly global entertainment company with world-class offerings in key regions
  • Robert A. Iger to remain Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company through 2021

Yes, that's right! While FOX is going to spin off Fox Broadcasting network and stations, Fox News, Fox Business, FS1, FS2 and Big Ten Network to its shareholders, Disney will have an extended access and allowed use of even the Simpsons! One of time's longest running shows!

Goes even deeper actually:

Popular Entertainment Properties to Join Disney Family

Combining with Disney are 21st Century Fox’s critically acclaimed film production businesses, including Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Fox 2000, which together offer diverse and compelling storytelling businesses and are the homes of Avatar, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool, as well as The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water and The Martian—and its storied television creative units, Twentieth Century Fox Television, FX Productions and Fox21, which have brought The Americans, This Is Us, Modern Family, The Simpsons and so many more hit TV series to viewers across the globe. Disney will also acquire FX Networks, National Geographic Partners, Fox Sports Regional Networks, Fox Networks Group International, Star India and Fox’s interests in Hulu, Sky plc, Tata Sky and Endemol Shine Group.

Jesus. Now that's a dominating control on media output for sure!

7fb0363dfa9beb2275f1ca3df8f6bda6

Now, as of March 19, 2019, the deal has officially passed!

Homer Simpson in Kingdom Hearts when.

More seriously, i hope Disney can take the most positive out of this situation when it comes to the obvious reasons they wanted this aquisition to begin with (hint: starts with M).
The good news is that no matter what Marvel Studios will do, they'll manage to make the best Fantastic 4 movie ever. The potentially bad news is that the Deadpool movies may suffer from this, depends if Disney will allow the continuation of R-rated superhero movies altogether (although infinite doors have been open for crossover potential and references).
As for the X-Men, i'm mostly neutral, never particularly cared about them.

• Chuckle 2

Mutants and X-Men in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Oh heck yes. HECK. YES.

Guys and gals, y'all don't know how much I wanted this. This is the best thing ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly could care less about the mutants compared to Marvel's other properties. Atleast now theres a chance we'll get a good Fantastic Four movie along with a slew of really great vilains.

• Fist Bump 1

Well shiz, we're officially in a timeline where The Simpsons are property and copyright of Walt Disney Pictures.

Man, now I hope there will be a standalone silver surfer movie now.

Also, gotham, family guy, and bobs burgers are also on the fox tv lineup. Disney in control of those shows seems weird. Especially Gotham since it has DC characters in it.

4 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

It's just a coincidence. That or maybe they thought it would be an obvious move in the future.

Just like they predicted Trump in the White House.......

1 minute ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

Just like they predicted Trump in the White House.......

Wasn't Trump always into politics? 

It's not like they can predict the future. 

1 minute ago, DiamondX said:

Wasn't Trump always into politics? 

It's not like they can predict the future. 

I mean, him being president.

41 minutes ago, Josh said:

This isn't actually a good thing. Disney doesn't just own X Men, but:
Alien
Die hard
Planet of the apes
Predator
Kingsman

Lot's of one off shit like  The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water and The Martian.

TV series like The Simpsons and King of the Hill.

I don't like the idea of one company having that much control, personally. This is bigger than fan wank imo.

•  

Yeah, me neither. Who knows what Disney could to do those franchises, I mean look at Star Wars.

Mickey Mouse is taken over the world, y'all. It's only a matter of time before they resurrect Walt Disney and have him become Supreme Ruler of the Entire World. We'll be singing "It's A Small World" as our international anthem theme in no time flat...

On the plus side, we got a chance at a more inclusive Marvel Cinematic Universe. Yay?

But seriously - monopoly. :o

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

I mean, him being president.

I know. But he was rich back in the day too. All these hint into him becoming a future president.

They actually had a chance of this happening.

1 minute ago, DiamondX said:

I know. But he was rich back in the day too. All these hint into him becoming a future president.

Ahhhhh, no it's not always that easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bollocks. Goodbye good X-Men films.

Best I can hope for in this is Marvel at least give me a good Cyclops, but given the MCU's own lack of accuracy I'm not optimistic.

At least the comics can stop pretending the F4 don't exist.

• Promotion 1

I wonder does this mean Hugh Jackman will come back as Wolverine.

I mean, we all know Logan was his swan song, but he did say he wanted to play Wolverine in a MCU crossover.

• Nice Smile 1

Just now, Ryannumber1Santa said:

I wonder does this mean Hugh Jackman will come back as Wolverine.

I mean, we all know Logan was his swan song, but he did say he wanted to play Wolverine in a MCU crossover.

Spidey and Wolverine. Two of Marvel's biggest cover sellers. Capable of now being used in the same cinematic universe. Golly.