Awoo.

For $70 Billion The Walt Disney Company Are Set To Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. And The Deal is GO!

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

As a bonehead with this sort of thing, does this mean Disney gets to boss all the companies it owns around and be a jerk about it?

5 hours ago, Josh said:

This isn't actually a good thing. Disney doesn't just own X Men, but:
Alien
Die hard
Planet of the apes
Predator
Kingsman

Lot's of one off shit like  The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water and The Martian.

TV series like The Simpsons and King of the Hill.

I don't like the idea of one company having that much control, personally. This is bigger than fan wank imo.

This.  Most just see the top level of this with inning xmen xmen oh my gaelwd xmen in marvel films. But for me this shoes Disney is slowly if not already going monopoly status with shows now with uncertain futures like the king of the hill reboot. Simmons  being the show it is. Will future alien films be toned down since it's new Disney. Die hard reruns. Will all this be locked behind Disney's streaming service in the future? The fcc vote helps noting either

41 minutes ago, ZERO_ninja said:

Why do people give a fuck about the Simpsons in 2017?

It's not so much the show as it stands I care about. I imagine Disney will keep it goin more or less same as Fox has and it will continue despite seemingly no one like it.

It's just... Homer Simpson... As a Disney property. It just feels so fucking wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Josh said:

What is r rated Disney owns even comparable to deadpool. Post 2 I see them toning it back causes he's a bully lol. But seriously good for xmen teamups bad for every property atm. And if no one cares for the Simpson's it wouldn't still be on.

This just makes Disney Infinity's death sting even harder... just imagine the possibilities. And to those worried about Aliens and Predator, keep in mind that both already went PG-13, and we all know how much that sucked.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't get people who think Disney's gonna strip R-rated films of their grit. Hell, this is like when people thought all the Marvel output was gonna be "dumbed down" to kiddie stuff back when Disney bought the Marvel brand over a decade ago.

• Thumbs Up 4

I doubt  Disney is stupid enough to throw away proven money makers like Deadpool or The Simpsons by trying to tone them down content-wise. Besides, it's not like Disney hasn't gone dark or risque in the past. Remember, this is the company that gave us gritty and mature shows like Daredevil and Jessica Jones, not to mention films like Pirates of the Caribbean 5, in which every other line is innuendo.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, NikoS said:

Inb4 Time Warner is the next

BIG_wow.jpg

So what you're saying is.. Cartoon Network/Disney Channel/Disney XD crossover confirmed

• Chuckle 1

The Simpsons is actually one of the longest-running animation program of the TV, Disney won't lose all this honor. Also, the series was renewed for a 29th and 30th season, which would take the show until 2019 (This, before the Disney's buy).

However, Sol Harris, one of the producer of the show, points the series had a great decline:

The_Decline_of_The_Simpsons.jpg

Looking in how strong Simpsons is on the geek culture, I don't think Disney will waste this opportunity.

Please continue Futurama.

Btw: I don't care much about other things of Fox aside Simpsons and Futurama, so there's nothing I may became scared, but I know how this can change our lives.

1 hour ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

I really don't get people who think Disney's gonna strip R-rated films of their grit. Hell, this is like when people thought all the Marvel output was gonna be "dumbed down" to kiddie stuff back when Disney bough the Marvel brand over a decade ago.

Well for starters the company has only said discussion is on the table about continuing r-rated films. They would have taken the chance by now to just up and confirm they’re still gonna continue them indefinitely and not water down any existing shows. That’s way too much good publicity to miss just to be all cloak and dagger. There’s a real possibility that with many of these franchises they may make them more approachable and “appealing” to family oriented markets. Whether or not they’re there doesn’t change this is dumb, and concerning for many of the franchises as lots of official analysts have predicted,  and furthers Disney’s monopoly.

9 hours ago, Josh said:

This isn't actually a good thing. Disney doesn't just own X Men, but:
Alien
Die hard
Planet of the apes
Predator
Kingsman

Lot's of one off shit like  The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water and The Martian.

TV series like The Simpsons and King of the Hill.

I don't like the idea of one company having that much control, personally. This is bigger than fan wank imo.

Let's take a minute to take in the fact that Disney is taken most of the franchises that exist in Universal Studios theme parks. Marvel, Xmen and the Simpsons.

1 hour ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

I really don't get people who think Disney's gonna strip R-rated films of their grit. Hell, this is like when people thought all the Marvel output was gonna be "dumbed down" to kiddie stuff back when Disney bough the Marvel brand over a decade ago.

Yeah that was dumb. What people failed to take into account was that the MCU films were already there.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

Let's take a minute to take in the fact that Disney is taken most of the franchises that exist in Universal Studios theme parks. Marvel, Xmen and the Simpsons.

Exactly what does that mean for universal? Partnership with Disney?

14 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Exactly what does that mean for universal? Partnership with Disney?

Nothing really. Universal has the ride rights to those franchises, thats it. They've had a deal that Universal can keep the rides and Disney can't advertise Avengers in their parks for years (Florida Parks really, but Guardians of the Galaxy seems to be a loophole Disney is loving). I think the other franchises will be like that.

1 hour ago, Solister said:

The Simpsons is actually one of the longest-running animation program of the TV, Disney won't lose all this honor. Also, the series was renewed for a 29th and 30th season, which would take the show until 2019 (This, before the Disney's buy).

However, Sol Harris, one of the producer of the show, points the series had a great decline:

The_Decline_of_The_Simpsons.jpg

Okay

even though it's still pretty much the top

how is who shot mr burns in any way the start of any sort of decline, that saga is nothing short of a masterpiece

44 minutes ago, GhostOfChiliDawgYetToCome said:

Okay

even though it's still pretty much the top

how is who shot mr burns in any way the start of any sort of decline, that saga is nothing short of a masterpiece

It's a season average, the arrow just picks an iconic thing from it to remind people of. I've seen plenty of shows where the best seasons are much less consistent than others thanks to a few bad eps but they amount to more than the sum of their parts in people's eyes focusing on how good the good eps in it were.

(Look at s5 of Next Gen as an example, one of the absolute favourites but it has more actual duds in it than s4 or s6. But it's got Darmok and Inner Light among a few others so people tend to overlook and forget about those duds).