Awoo.

For $70 Billion The Walt Disney Company Are Set To Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. And The Deal is GO!

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

I wouldn't mind if we didn't see Wolverine for the first couple of new X Men movies. There are other characters who's stories we haven't seen done to death.

Well as of this morning, the X-Men and Fantastic Four are officially back home at Marvel. And anybody that grew up thinking Anastasia was a Disney princess has now been vindicated.

• Chuckle 4

Just now, Johnny Boy said:

And anybody that grew up thinking Anastasia was a Disney princess has now been vindicated.

Wait, what?

• Thumbs Up 1

One hell of a monekys paw situation. I mean I'm glad we might actually get an X-men team film(The vast majority were Wolverine movies you know it to be true), and a competent Fantastic Four film with all their absurd baddies. But at the same time I'm not happy about them getting so many other film franchises, and television series.

And I'm especially not happy about the expansion of Fox news going forward.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have only one wish

Do not, DO NOT MAKE A DIE HARD REBOOT, i feel it's one of those movies like Back to the Future, no need for a reboot

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, NikoS said:

I have only one wish

Do not, DO NOT MAKE A DIE HARD REBOOT, i feel it's one of those movies like Back to the Future, no need for a reboot

Die Hard just needs to die

Spoiler

hard

• Chuckle 8
  • Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, NikoS said:

I have only one wish

A Die Hard reboot would be abysmal, but honestly I don't think Disney cares enough about Die Hard to reboot it.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing I'm delighted with is not only possible original cuts of Star Wars might become available, but also that I might finally get my Silver Surfer movie.  Make it happen James Gunn!

• Fist Bump 1

7 minutes ago, Santamus Prime said:

Die Hard just needs to die

Hide contents

hard

So it can live free

Spoiler

to be remembered fondly and not run into the ground.

• Chuckle 5

...holy shit.
This just zapped through my mind.

Now Anastasia and Titan A.E. are technically Disney movies.
Don Bluth is partially back home, i guess. Holy fuck.

• Thumbs Up 2

Knowing that 20th century owns blue sky animation, I wonder what Disney will do to it. (Blue Sky made Ice Age, Rio, and recently ferdinand)

So, what will they buy next? Dreamworks? Nintendo? Australia?

Getting X-men and FF back is a good news (mostly anyway), but this monopoly is making me worried.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

2 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

So, what will they buy next? Dreamworks? Nintendo? Australia?

Getting X-men and FF back is a good news (mostly anyway), but this monopoly is making me worried.

Disney owning Nintendo? *shudder*

30 minutes ago, edgeyhedgey said:

Knowing that 20th century owns blue sky animation, I wonder what Disney will do to it. (Blue Sky made Ice Age, Rio, and recently ferdinand)

They'll probably have them make Marvel straight to video movies. Not much of a loss since I really haven't cared for Blue Sky's movies.

22 minutes ago, edgeyhedgey said:

Disney owning Nintendo? *shudder*

What and limit themselves to one major company?

52 minutes ago, edgeyhedgey said:

20th Century also has Alvin and the Chipmunks under its belt. I REALLY  hope Disney kills that franchise.

Considering that The Sqeakquel caused Princess and the Frog to underperform, yeah I can really see Disney killing that franchise for good.

1 hour ago, NikoS said:

Inb4 Time Warner is the next

BIG_wow.jpg

Get ready for the Marvel + DC Extended Cinematic Universe everyone!

• Chuckle 1

I doubt Disney spent 50 billion dollars just so they can stripmine profitable parts of the company that at one point had wronged them in the past.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I doubt Disney spent 50 billion dollars just so they can stripmine profitable parts of the company that at one point had wronged them in the past.

Probably. Though man, if only Treasure Planet had come out now rather than next to Harry Potter.....

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, edgeyhedgey said:

20th Century also has Alvin and the Chipmunks under its belt. I REALLY  hope Disney kills that franchise.

27 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Considering that The Sqeakquel caused Princess and the Frog to underperform, yeah I can really see Disney killing that franchise for good.

Why would they kill it when they can make more money by doing more movies?

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I mean, it's not like they're EA.

• Fist Bump 1

as great as having more crossover potential is, one company owning so much shit isn't a good thing no matter how you slice it