Awoo.

Good Youtube channel recommendations

edgeyhedgey

There are alot of great Youtube Channels out there making amazing content. I would like to hear about your favorite youtubers so that I and others of can broaden their horizons with the Youtube channels they watch

Some of my recommendations are:

Arlo: Essentially a game review and opinion channel about nintendo games but the youtuber is a blue muppet.

Peter Knetter: A review and lets play channel thats primarily focused around sonic and he is pretty funny.

Shezez: This guy basically takes your favorite games and explores them with free camera mods which ends up showing whats inside or behind models, unseen game functions, and etc.

Scott The Woz: A very good game review channel that does not have many subscribers.

LGR or Lazy Game Reviews: A channel with a lot of content with varied subjects (like looking for games at goodwill) but mostly pc game reviews and despite the name the reviews are not lazy.

Auroraknux: A sonic meme channel.

Grandayy: A wonderful dank meme channel.

TheRealSullyG: A channel with excellent covers of excellent songs. (must be seen to truly know its greatness)

Chadtronic: A manchild reacts to things.

Antdude: a game review channel with some romhack videos.(yeth anybody?)

The Wulff Den: a channel that discusses various topics, but mostly nintendo games.

Edited by edgeyhedgey
added links
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Super bestfriends! A trio of (NSFW) Canadian assholes that do let's plays. One of them even achieved the impossible and awakened his own stand, and if JOJO fans know anything it's that not all Stands are beneficial.

There's the Retsupurae. The comedy LP duo that makes fun of bad games and just terrible LP's

Doubletoasted. (NSFW) They're mostly a review site for films that also talk about current events, fuckery, and laughable out of date shenanigans. They're made from two of the core members of Spill.com that was tragically killed when bought out. Come for the reviews and comedy, but stay for Martin's dumb puns, and hysterical laughter

Yovideogames. Another (NSFW) Game channel, though I think it's best piece is a side project from one of it's members. It deals in real talk and think pieces about companys, newly announced games, and problems in the industry

Oats Studios. It's a studio created by flim maker Neill Blomkamp that makes a bunch of short sci-fi films. It's also the best thing he's done since District 9.

Phelous: https://www.youtube.com/user/pherlous He used to be part of TGWTG but has since broken off. He used to primarily review Horror Movies but has expanded to terrible Animated Movies and occasionally episodes of The Real Ghostbusters. I'd also recommend Bootleg Zone where he review Bootleg Toys of...varying quality.

Database Ranger:  https://www.youtube.com/user/DatabaseRanger Database is a Power Rangers fan who reviews Power Rangers. Duh. However similar to Linkara there's a storyline in his videos. Unlike Linkara it's totally connected to the reviews and can't really be separated. I'm calling that a fair warning for those who don't care for arcs in their review shows. The show is a ton of fun and DB really understands and loves Power Rangers. If that's not your thing Jake and his wife Marissa also do Live Reaction to new episodes of not only Power Rangers but Super Sentai and Kamen Rider.

Charii5: channel mainly dedicated to video games, including Sonic. His most popular videos are his CinemaSins parodies where he sins videogames stories.

Caddicarus: British gamer who reviews games and also likes to talk about other things like movies. Fellow Brits will appreciate his content as he often talks about pop culture that only we'd get. He also does the occasional music covers.

MysteriousMrEnter: reviews animated movies and TV shows. He reviews good animated stuff as "Admirable Animations" and, more often, bad ones as "Animated Atrocities". He's a bit of a controversial figure from what I've gathered, but I enjoy his videos.

BoundryBreak: videos where they hack the cameras inside video games to take them wherever they want, allowing them to explore out of bounds.

Christopher Niosi: another video game channel, but the part I'm most interested in is his occasional "Did You Know Voice Acting" videos.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Ernest the Snowpanda said:

Charii5: channel mainly dedicated to video games, including Sonic. His most popular videos are his CinemaSins parodies where he sins videogames stories.

BoundryBreak: videos where they hack the cameras inside video games to take them wherever they want, allowing them to explore out of bounds.

I have watched some of Charrii5's videos and I think his CinemaSins parodies are better than the actual CinemaSins videos. Also, Boundry Break is shezez's main series of youtube videos, however you explained what he did better than I did.

33 minutes ago, Santamus Prime said:

Forgot to mention Everything is Terrible. They make a lot of cuts of old VHS video and other retrojunk

I'm getting some You on Kazoo  vibes from this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some have already mentioned stuff like DoubleToasted, Super Best Friends, and Mr Enter which I also recommend but time to put

RebelTaxi: In the same lieu as Mr Enter but more cynical and cool, a reviewer that does a ton of animated stuff from the good to the bad with top numbered lists of the worst themes, forgotten cartoon pilots, and other things animated in terms of cartoons/movies even discussing interesting background and behind the scenes tidbits/info during productions

Robobuddies: Also similar to Mr Enter and Rebeltaxi, we have another one that does review but mostly analyze all things animation along with showcasing her interesting animation during her critiquing. Also, she does take Quick Looks on certain movies/shows and even some Let's Play games including one with Sonic Forces about a month ago (warning vid is 4 and 1/2 hours long!).

Anime America: As the name obviously suggests, this particular group reviews all things anime both new and old and even including Top 10 Lists covering over various themes including Most Incompetent Villains, WTF moments, etc.

BennettTheSage: Speaking of anime, if you're a regular of Channel Awesome/ex-TGWTG, then you probably have seen and heard of this guy who used to review some music and video games back in the day and even read horrible fanfiction with his Masterpiece Fanfic Theatre series a few years back. But most notable is his Anime Abandon that still continues to this day where he reviews anime of the 80s-early 00s of a bygone era. Some examples include his recent Riding BeanThe Digimon Movie, and Sonic OVA

Jaboody Dubs: This group does a ton of really good comedic dubs and riffs from commercials, cartoons, and crappy reality TV shows such as my favorite one, Alaskan Bush People Dub Ft. Stamper

• Thumbs Up 1

I know VanossGaming made a name for for himself these years (he was un the last 2 YTR) but I should recommend some of the other people he plays with frequently: H2O Delirious, DaithiDeNogla, BasicallyIDoWrk or MooSnuckel between others. Although I should warn you: Whoever you choose to watch, there's going to be LOUD NOISES.

Also check out TFS' MasakoX. He makes DBS episode reviews every sunday and makes some interesting discussions and what if scenarios

The Official Felix the Cat channel is a good channel.  They haven't uploaded anything in 3 years, but they might add some new content.  I would definitely go to that channel in the year 2019, since it'll be the 100th anniversary of Felix the Cat. I came across it yesterday.  If you're into Felix the Cat, I recommend that channel.    Ralph Bakshi surprisingly has a good channel.  If you're into animation, check that channel out.  Not much content on there, but there may be more to come in the future.  Bridget Machete is a personal friend of mine, she has some content and I think her channel may be promising as time goes by.  Finally I recommend Metal Blade Records, that's if you're into metal or if you want to get into it.

Vinesauce (Specifically Joel)

Cybershell (Awesome Sonic reviewer. Look them up)

ScotttheWoz (My favorite reviewer other than maybe Antdude)

Soothouse (A pretty funny youtuber that posts just generally funny things)

• Thumbs Up 1

I really like ClementJ64, also known as The Great Clement. Despite what the name might lead to you to think, he's actually very laid-back, funny, and humble. Folks who like let's players that are chill, reasonably quiet (though he does every now and then shout-- not without provocation and certainly not mic shatteringly loud but still), and not playing a character of some sort will love his videos. He's also working on publishing a let's play for every game in the Sonic and Mega Man franchises, so people with interest in those franchises will enjoy what he's doing. He also covers some more obscure and forgotten titles too, like a licensed game for The Hobbit that was actually pretty good. He also occasionally does some big popular titles so there's a good variety. His quieter, laid-back style isn't for everybody-- if you prefer let's plays where the let's players are loud and/or playing a character to put on a show, you'll probably find him rather boring. But if you want a break from loud character style of let's plays, or never really liked the loud character style of let's plays to begin with, this is the Youtube Channel for you.

Its sort of a shame that Clement is mostly known for that series of videos he made tearing Sonic 06 to pieces-- not because its a bad series (if anything, its really good and worth a watch for those interested), but because it doesn't really reflect his usual calmer style. Sonic 06 legitimately upsets him on so many levels that he can only sometimes barely act like his usual laid-back, friendly self when talking about it, and even then he's really obviously angry throughout. Again, he's not playing a character, so it would be a great shame if he did put on a fake show of serenity when talking about a game that he hates with every fiber that is, has, and will be of his being. But a lot of people were introduced to him through that series, and surely must've been disappointed when checking out his other videos and seeing that his usual style and manner is way different than what they knew and liked from that series, even with games he thinks are bad. Not to mention that if you were expecting him to tear apart the usual targets just like he did with Sonic 06, you're going to be very displeased to find videos where he enjoys playing Rise of Lyric despite the problems or even just takes it a lot easier on bad stuff like Megaman X6 than he did with 06.

So yeah, if you want a good idea of what his channel normally does, check out his commentary on the Sonic franchise (besides Sonic 06) and the Mega Man franchise. Also his let's play of the Spiderman PS1 game is amongst his best work, so give that a shot too.

-------------

Also, am I allowed to shamelessly plug a friend of mine's channel? I mean, the content of the channel is really really good, but I also can't deny that I'm biased as fuck and want to boost his audience.

12 hours ago, Mad Convoy said:

I really like ClementJ64, also known as The Great Clement. Despite what the name might lead to you to think, he's actually very laid-back, funny, and humble. Folks who like let's players that are chill, reasonably quiet (though he does every now and then shout-- not without provocation and certainly not mic shatteringly loud but still), and not playing a character of some sort will love his videos. He's also working on publishing a let's play for every game in the Sonic and Mega Man franchises, so people with interest in those franchises will enjoy what he's doing. He also covers some more obscure and forgotten titles too, like a licensed game for The Hobbit that was actually pretty good. He also occasionally does some big popular titles so there's a good variety. His quieter, laid-back style isn't for everybody-- if you prefer let's plays where the let's players are loud and/or playing a character to put on a show, you'll probably find him rather boring. But if you want a break from loud character style of let's plays, or never really liked the loud character style of let's plays to begin with, this is the Youtube Channel for you.

Its sort of a shame that Clement is mostly known for that series of videos he made tearing Sonic 06 to pieces-- not because its a bad series (if anything, its really good and worth a watch for those interested), but because it doesn't really reflect his usual calmer style. Sonic 06 legitimately upsets him on so many levels that he can only sometimes barely act like his usual laid-back, friendly self when talking about it, and even then he's really obviously angry throughout. Again, he's not playing a character, so it would be a great shame if he did put on a fake show of serenity when talking about a game that he hates with every fiber that is, has, and will be of his being. But a lot of people were introduced to him through that series, and surely must've been disappointed when checking out his other videos and seeing that his usual style and manner is way different than what they knew and liked from that series, even with games he thinks are bad. Not to mention that if you were expecting him to tear apart the usual targets just like he did with Sonic 06, you're going to be very displeased to find videos where he enjoys playing Rise of Lyric despite the problems or even just takes it a lot easier on bad stuff like Megaman X6 than he did with 06.

So yeah, if you want a good idea of what his channel normally does, check out his commentary on the Sonic franchise (besides Sonic 06) and the Mega Man franchise. Also his let's play of the Spiderman PS1 game is amongst his best work, so give that a shot too.

-------------

Also, am I allowed to shamelessly plug a friend of mine's channel? I mean, the content of the channel is really really good, but I also can't deny that I'm biased as fuck and want to boost his audience.

I do enjoy his videos on Mega Man and some of his Sonic videos.

I was going to namedrop Shesez! Boundary Break is incredible. Even games I've never played or heard of are interesting, considering I don't understand the context of some of them, but I get the gist of what the developers were going for anyway. Seems like he's gaining some traction which is great. He's demonetized atm unfortunately though.