Awoo.

Super Sonic DLC for Forces out Dec 22 - €1.99, Free Until Jan 23

Tracker_TD

13 minutes ago, TCB said:

They prioritized making the Sanic DLC permanently free

Remember that

I mean.. when you put it that way, it doesn't really make sense. It's more that they prioritized making Super payed. They actually gain money for this.

True, but for a feature that has been a mainstay unlockable in many Sonic games for years now...it just seems weird

You still make a good point; might as well try and make money off of THIS than Sanic shirts @Razule like @Partridge in a Dee Tree said

Still would cause pitchforks to be raised either way...Sonic Team just cant win far as online reactions go

• Thumbs Up 5

Did they just pull a CAPCOM?

Holy shit! They're pulling a CAPCOM!

I mean it's not on the same level of bullshit but it's within the ballpark of it. Locking existing content on the disc behind a "temporary free but paid for later" DLC is pretty dumb. It at least it isn't "I can't believe it's not gambling" loot boxes or anything greedy AAA practices that plague a lot of those games, but c'mon now SEGA your better then this.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, SaberX said:

If people are willing to buy Forces I dont see why these same people wouldnt be fine paying for a Super Sonic DLC. Or any DLC.

Btw can't wait to see modern Sonic games with lootboxes too.  :)

"Try your luck with our Sonicboxes and get a rare chance to play with your favorite character!"

You mean nearly all Sonic mobile games in the past 5 years?

...for fudge sake. Sega, why?

Ok, here's a dumb question: how many people will even play this game in January?

I actually kinda like the game, but I already unlocked all clothing and A-ranks. I'm done with this game for at least a year.

And if I wasn't, this game is easy, short and has many automated parts. I can't think of single Sonic game that has lesser need of Super Sonic.

So yeah, I won't buy him. I refuse. Having no SS is more in SA1-2 spirit anyway B/

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm expecting Super Sonic to play the exact same as if one of the modders plopped him into the game untouched. That means he can't be seen in cutscenes and will have no explanation at all.

This game is so lazy. they're charging the player for something a modder can put into the game in five minutes. In-game DLC, nice job.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd still like to play this game at some point, but SEGA can piss off trying to get people to pay for a standard fucking feature, and one that, to my knowledge, doesn't come with any added benefits or content from everything I've seen of it, in addition to being, quite possibly, the most intrusive version of Super Sonic they've ever implemented (he transforms automatically when you get 50 rings).

I'd almost have understood if they had charged for Episode Shadow since that at least has SOME additional content to go with it, but this is just inexcusable.

20 minutes ago, McGroose said:

I'm expecting Super Sonic to play the exact same as if one of the modders plopped him into the game untouched. That means he can't be seen in cutscenes and will have no explanation at all.

This game is so lazy. they're charging the player for something a modder can put into the game in five minutes. In-game DLC, nice job.

This is exactly what they did. He doesn't even have animations rigged for the QTE segments so he just randomly powers down and then goes back when the section is done.

2 dollars. I throw 2 dollars away everyday going to burger king or subway.  Times are tough.

On the plus side its free, you just have to be very behind to not download it that first month. And most those that want the game have it.  Times change I guess. Nearly every game I play these days has some form of dlc. Hell I pay 3 dollars for christmas SFV outfits so its not bigge.

31 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

2 dollars. I throw 2 dollars away everyday going to burger king or subway.  Times are tough.

On the plus side its free, you just have to be very behind to not download it that first month. And most those that want the game have it.  Times change I guess. Nearly every game I play these days has some form of dlc. Hell I pay 3 dollars for christmas SFV outfits so its not bigge.

I don't care if it's only one cent, something as simple as Super Sonic shouldn't be paid DLC. If they wanted to add new levels or modes or whatever, that would be one thing. But having to pay for a transformation that's been unlockable in every 3D Sonic game since 2010 is bullshit. 

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Hell I pay 3 dollars for christmas SFV outfits so its not bigge.

Yeah that's still paying for gameplay on something that you already paid a premium for.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just wait till Forces 2, where the boost will be $2.99, the homing attack will be $5.99, and Classic's spindash will be $3.99.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 2

4 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Just wait till Forces 2, where the boost will be $2.99, the homing attack will be $5.99, and Classic's spindash will be $3.99.

Don't be daft.

It'll all be in randomised loot boxes.

• Thumbs Up 7

8 minutes ago, Mister X said:

I don't care if it's only one cent, something as simple as Super Sonic shouldn't be paid DLC. If they wanted to add new levels or modes or whatever, that would be one thing. But having to pay for a transformation that's been unlockable in every 3D Sonic game since 2010 is bullshit. 

and unlockable characters used to be free in fighting games and now they are paid dlc, nintendo used to have free service on their system but in 2018 we will pay, season passes are now a norm. Times change.

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

and unlockable characters used to be free in fighting games and now they are paid dlc, nintendo used to have free service on their system but in 2018 we will pay, season passes are now a norm. Times change.

Yes let’s justify and normalize shit business practices(though the Nintendo online being charged I believe had a actual fair reason iirc. Plus considering the other competition did it, it was gonna eventually happen there) you may not have a problem, with it, but it’s clear you’re in the minority on that 

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Meta77 said:

and unlockable characters used to be free in fighting games and now they are paid dlc

And this is garbage.

And paying a yearly fee for a service that offers multiple benefits isn't really comparable to paying for a basic (and half-assed, by the sound of it, just like the whole game) gameplay feature that's been an unlockable bonus since fucking 1992.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Promotion 1

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Yes let’s justify and normalize shit business practices(though the Nintendo online being charged I believe had a actual fair reason iirc. Plus considering the other competition did it, it was gonna eventually happen there) you may not have a problem, with it, but it’s clear you’re in the minority on that 

lol im a minority on a lot here. (06 had the best ost) and normalize. its already ben normalized. Sega is free to do what they want. And as a customer your free to spend your money as you want. No one is forcing (hehe) to buy Super Sonic. Sure sega can dangle my room in say pso2 with all my items i bought over the years behind a paywall when i do not pay a fee every month to have access to my room and i have a choice not to pay them even though i miss all my items i gained. Same with anything today.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

And as a customer, guess what, we can complain about shit we don’t like. It’s why battlefront 2 was a big shit stirring mess. Or should people have just been quiet about that and not complain and just not pay them money, since it was standardized? Let’s make this clear: being normalized isn’t the equivalent of not being shitty.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

And as a customer, guess what, we can complain about shit we don’t like. It’s why battlefront 2 was a big shit stirring mess. Or should people have just been quiet about that and not complain and just not pay them money, since it was standardized? Let’s make this clear: being normalized isn’t the equivalent of not being shitty.

Stop jumping off the ship cause your going to hurt yourself. No one said you can not complain. Complain away. What I am saying is a company is free to do with their property as they please. BF2 was only a mess cause it was star wars. Loot craits had been in games for years before then. I bought the game day one and never put in a cent of cash towards those boxes and enjoyed the game. Still enjoying it.  It sucks to see things change as i stated in fighting games and the likes but in 8 years from now just like those games it will be normalized. Season passes no one thought would take off and look at games now.

22 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Subscribe to the "Sonic Dash Package" for small price of one dime for one month to run

• Chuckle 2

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Stop jumping off the ship cause your going to hurt yourself. No one said you can not complain. Complain away. What I am saying is a company is free to do with their property as they please. BF2 was only a mess cause it was star wars. Loot craits had been in games for years before then. I bought the game day one and never put in a cent of cash towards those boxes and enjoyed the game. Still enjoying it.  It sucks to see things change as i stated in fighting games and the likes but in 8 years from now just like those games it will be normalized. Season passes no one thought would take off and look at games now.

I think you're missing the point of the complaints. Whether certain features like loot crates or season passes are normalized isn't so much of an issue as is this specific DLC. SEGA are literally selling a feature that has been standard and included in the vast majority of Sonic's titles for over two decades. And to make it even stupider, it's an intrusive reskin that neither adds anything to the game or looks finished (never mind people were easily able to access it early, as I linked above). Why the hell should people be expected to pay for this? A month's chance to get it free isn't much of a consolation.

14 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I think you're missing the point of the complaints. Whether certain features like loot crates or season passes are normalized isn't so much of an issue as is this specific DLC. SEGA are literally selling a feature that has been standard and included in the vast majority of Sonic's titles for over two decades. And to make it even stupider, it's an intrusive reskin that neither adds anything to the game or looks finished (never mind people were easily able to access it early, as I linked above). Why the hell should people be expected to pay for this? A month's chance to get it free isn't much of a consolation.

I know what your saying. SS has been a staple since 2 and as i keep pointing out in nearly all fighting game hidden characters were unlocked via beating in a certain time to beatiing a hidden final boss via perfect score but that has become dlc. . But as time goes on is it really a surprise. I am amazed they did not cash in on avatar outfits. No ones expected to buy it since sega has not hidden final level. Its as you said a reskin to zip through a level faster.   Is it crappy yes. Is it crappy enough to  lose sleep over no. Sega has had it rough lately. Honestly in 12 years we may not see sonic anymore as sega focuses on other ips they own.