Awoo.

Super Sonic DLC for Forces out Dec 22 - €1.99, Free Until Jan 23

Tracker_TD

Even though its free for a month SuperSonic should never ever be something you should ever have to pay for. You would think if anything that the Sanic T-shirts would have been paid DLC.

And what makes it worse is that is already on the disc!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

It's up on the Nintendo Switch shop in my area, but I can't download it yet. Whenever I try, it says "Error Occurred, Please Try Again Later". That's real annoying when there's a free limited time dlc, and you can't even get it... Are the servers actually flooded because of this thing? I hope traffic calms down soon. I really don't see why they're charging people for this down the line, it is ridiculous, considering how the content is already on the disc/cartridge. 

Too bad there is no Super Shadow available with this dlc. 

12 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Just wait till Forces 2, where the boost will be $2.99, the homing attack will be $5.99, and Classic's spindash will be $3.99.

Hey, at least in this case the dev team would have to make more interesting level design that doesn't rely on those abilities as crutches if they aren't standard features.

...Wait, who am I even kidding?

I personally have no problem with the paid DLC, but with this crappy and lame way to pull it out. Seriously SEGA? Just the Super Sonic skin and that's all? 

Someone there in SEGA doesn't give a shit about Sonic anymore, I don't care who is...But the situation is just very worrying.

This is so ridiculous I don't know where to start... I can't totally complain because I had Mania this year. I just hope it hasn't been some kind of oasis, because Forces has been another step in the wrong direction, and it gets worse with moves like this paid Super Sonic DLC.

Seriously Sega, what the hell are you doing with your supposedly flagship franchise? Are you really that clueless about Sonic and about... well, everything? 

• Thumbs Up 5

I've got the DLC already, and... For a free product, it's a whole lotta nothing. For two dollars, you drained your money into nothing.

Yeah, good moves, SEGA. You got me playing Sonic Forces again for all of ten minutes.

Disappointing, actually.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

11 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Didn't they also do this with the Amigo stages for Sonic 06? Or did I just dream that?

The filesize for the PS3 version is only 2mb so I'm guessing it was on-disc or downloaded as an update, with the payment just unlocking it (I mean it entirely re-uses assets, but I would have thought whatever kind of data games use to create new arrangements of objects and scripting for existing maps is a little bigger than a measly 2mb).  Considering what a disaster the game was, I would be astonished if they made the decision to create content for DLC that wasn't already done pre-release (I don't begrudge it though, honestly - as far as 2006 is ever "good", Team Attack Amigo was good set of content, with the re-arrangements being very significantly different on several stages).

7 hours ago, LBomb said:

It's just strange to me that out of nowhere SEGA is suddenly trying to promote this game. The Sanic DLC, the parkour academy, the upcoming Puyo Puyo bundle, and this just kind of came out of nowhere. All of these DLC and promotional tie-ins feel awkward. Nobody really wants any of it and its not generating a reaction.

I just feel bad for the PR team who has to put up with it all. They want to please the fans but this weird Forces news has been leaking out for a while now and they just kind of have to stumble around it.

I'm sure these things were planned way ahead of time and they're just going through the motions of doing them all - just because a game has a mediocre reception you don't immediately pull all PR from it - most companies finish what they started and at least try to squeeze a bit more juice out of it - makes sense for the holiday season and all.

But this is completely par for the course.  The current PR team had to keep a positive attitude going in which they didn't pretend Rise of Lyric was a colossal failure a couple years back, the Forces fallout is probably a walk in the park in comparison.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's really dumb. Especially since Super Sonic has already been shit to play in the previous two boost games.

Maybe SEGA will use their brain in the next month and decide to keep it free "for the fans".

After sleeping on it I’m still flabbergasted by this decision. The Shadow DLC with new story cutscenes/dialogue and new levels is free, yet a cheap ass Super reskin of Sonic costs money? There is no logic to any of this! 

Maybe they’re just desperate (for money).

• Thumbs Up 2

If they were that desperate, why make it free in the first place? Why make any of this stuff free?

• Thumbs Up 1

If they are that desperate, why not fire iizuka and let someone with some talent make something good for Sonic?

So many things on this game don't make sense.

Why the fuck should I pay £2.00 just to transform into a golden ball of doom? What happend to just randomly finding 7 mystical gemstones (I know they're called the Chaos Emeralds) or jumping into Special Stages just to get them. This is not the way to Super Sonic, this is getting stupid now.

1 hour ago, molul said:

If they are that desperate, why not fire iizuka and let someone with some talent make something good for Sonic?

So many things on this game don't make sense.

I agree with you, get some fresh meat to make a Sonic game, and fresh meat, I mean new people who know how to make a Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Side note: that's the fan logo in the corner.

The official Sonic Twitter used a fan logo when they already have access to the official one. Wow.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5

10 minutes ago, ArcticWind said:

Side note: that's the fan logo in the corner.

The official Sonic Twitter used a fan logo when they already have access to the official one. Wow.

I wonder how the guy who made that logo is feeling now that it's been used in like ten billion different YouTube thumbnails, and now the official Twitter.

59 minutes ago, GuyWithThePie said:

I wonder how the guy who made that logo is feeling now that it's been used in like ten billion different YouTube thumbnails, and now the official Twitter.

I wonder if any of the people working on this franchise right now are capable of feeling any emotion at all, let alone regret or guilt.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5

Eh a month of being free is long enough for anyone who gives a shit about the game still to get it, and even so, 2 dollars is chump change anyway. 

Not defending this of anything, but it's definitely not anything worth getting super upset over honestly. 

Played the dlc.

For Modern Sonic it's just permanent-boost and fast speed shoes as expected. Doesn't add anything new or interesting.

For classic Sonic; also adds nothing (well, SS does at least attract rings) and the classic re-mix of the main theme sounds lame.

For Avatar................. "we couldn't be bothered to implement for avatar as only hedgehogs can turn Super in the modern games" - sincerely yours SONIC TEAM.

Oh and you also can't turn Super in the final boss-fight. Pfffffffffffffft

So yeah, pretty meh

Image result for waste of time gif

1 hour ago, TheOcelot said:

Played the dlc.

For Modern Sonic it's just permanent-boost and fast speed shoes as expected. Doesn't add anything new or interesting.

For classic Sonic; also adds nothing (well, SS does at least attract rings) and the classic re-mix of the main theme sounds lame.

For Avatar................. "we couldn't be bothered to implement for avatar as only hedgehogs can turn Super in the modern games" - sincerely yours SONIC TEAM.

Oh and you also can't turn Super in the final boss-fight. Pfffffffffffffft

So yeah, pretty meh

Image result for waste of time gif

So basically super sonic in every game he is in.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

So basically super sonic in every game he is in.

Yes except you now have to pay £2 for effectively nothing.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Yes except you now have to pay £2 for effectively nothing.

Technically, you don't have to now.

=P