Awoo.

Super Sonic DLC for Forces out Dec 22 - €1.99, Free Until Jan 23

Tracker_TD

Yeah, so I got Super Sonic. He's certainly Gold Sonic. Just as Gold Sonic as Gold Sonic can be...

Kind of interesting it was something that got a mini-trailer. 

I dunno. I've never really been all that excited about playing as Super Sonic in the stages, for any game. Even back when the only thing I knew was him showing up to fight the final boss, I never wondered about playing as him through the stages.

Being told my reward for doing stuff in Golden Sonic is like being told one of my Christmas presents is clothes. I don't hate clothes but... you know.

Where's the Tails DLC? That'd be something worth making a little trailer for.

6 hours ago, ArcticWind said:

So, in case you don't think SEGA's noticed the uproar over this DLC, Aaron's got news for you:

They better be. Hopefully they make it free for good and never try something like this again.

Take it from someone who plays Destiny. "We hear your feedback and have passed it along" is the most meaningless response a dev/PR guy can give- Bungie goes through this with every weekly outrage now.

• Nice Smile 1

10 hours ago, ArcticWind said:

So, in case you don't think SEGA's noticed the uproar over this DLC, Aaron's got news for you:

They better be. Hopefully they make it free for good and never try something like this again.

I appreciate Aaron's attitude, but Sega shouldn't have needed our feedback about this.

16 hours ago, ArcticWind said:

I'm sure they'll take this feedback just as seriously as they did the feedback for Denuvo.

• Thumbs Up 3

No super sonic dlc but if they want to make a extra buck with cosmetic dlc I say pour it on me. I'd buy some new outfits for my avi. Or more options in the future

I wouldn't even mind paid DLC characters or cosmetic DLC, that is what they should've focused on. this cut off and paywalling of a feature we have had for years just seems dirty even if Super Sonic is an easy mode.

And no control of the transformation just takes two steps back, why take the control away from the player like that?

I'm really confused by them making Super Sonic paid DLC (and I know it's free for a month, but that still doesn't make it okay). I'm also hesitant about downloading it right away because, well, I'm not sure if it's a permanent thing or if you can toggle the feature on and off. I actually don't really like Super Sonic that much, but I'm willing to get it if I can toggle it.

I did like Forces for what it's worth, but dang. I'm just... I don't really know why they thought this was a good idea.

• Nice Smile 1

15 minutes ago, Tikikata said:

I'm really confused by them making Super Sonic paid DLC (and I know it's free for a month, but that still doesn't make it okay). I'm also hesitant about downloading it right away because, well, I'm not sure if it's a permanent thing or if you can toggle the feature on and off. I actually don't really like Super Sonic that much, but I'm willing to get it if I can toggle it.

I did like Forces for what it's worth, but dang. I'm just... I don't really know why they thought this was a good idea.

You toggle it on and off on the stage select screen. You can change the character between Sonic and Super Sonic (and Shadow).

• Thumbs Up 2

Might as well post this here, maybe they will make it free forever after all.

ps: you don't need $1,99 for this post as well...

Aaron Webber is great guy. But as much as he's a part of SEGA, he's totally removed from the people who made the decision to charge for Super Sonic and the purple who decided to make a shitty game like Forces. He was also very involved in the S4 feedback years ago, and Mania's Denuvo fiasco more recently. There's only so much that he can do though. The people making these decisions know full-well what a disservice they're doing; they simply do not care and I sincerely doubt that a bit of negative reception is going to make them reconsider. 

• Thumbs Up 7

39 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

Microtransactions in my Sonic game? What will they think of next, DRM?

Oh...

Didn't Unleashed have a lot of DLC?

12 minutes ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

Didn't Unleashed have a lot of DLC?

Unleashed added new content as DLC. Super Sonic is an exist feature already built into the game and unchanged from Generations/Colours where he was already included by default. Forces is trying to make you pay extra for a standard feature.

• Thumbs Up 6

Considering I haven't posted my thoughts on this, I'll do it now:

Why?

I haven't complained about Forces. I love the game. It's great. Classic may be not that good, but besides that I love the game.

I haven't complained about level design or stuff like that. Maybe the hype blinded me.

But this. This is unexcusable. 

You're charging money for Super Sonic. I don't even care if $2 is not much. I would complaimed even for $0.01. 

Not only is the Super Sonic mode bad (you transform automatically when you reach 50 rings), but you don't get anything else besides it. No Super Avatar or Super Shadow.

The only "good" part about it is that they made it free for a month, and you can download it even if you don't have the game.

47 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Considering I haven't posted my thoughts on this, I'll do it now:

Why?

I haven't complained about Forces. I love the game. It's great. Classic may be not that good, but besides that I love the game.

I haven't complained about level design or stuff like that. Maybe the hype blinded me.

But this. This is unexcusable. 

You're charging money for Super Sonic. I don't even care if $2 is not much. I would complaimed even for $0.01. 

Not only is the Super Sonic mode bad (you transform automatically when you reach 50 rings), but you don't get anything else besides it. No Super Avatar or Super Shadow.

The only "good" part about it is that they made it free for a month, and you can download it even if you don't have the game.

People keep saying why. Money all companies these days want to continue making money from exisistant properties.  I bet your bottom butt of we get another jet set thwre will  be

micro In some form. Many hate them cause they fill they paid there fair share but all businesses want to continue making money all games nearly have dlc. Granted super sonic alone is not really dlc since  doesnt add to the story. but level packs and costume packs are sure enough.

32 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

People keep saying why. Money all companies these days want to continue making money from exisistant properties.  I bet your bottom butt of we get another jet set thwre will  be

micro In some form. Many hate them cause they fill they paid there fair share but all businesses want to continue making money all games nearly have dlc. Granted super sonic alone is not really dlc since  doesnt add to the story. but level packs and costume packs are sure enough.

It's entirely possible to make money while giving the customer content worth paying for.  People aren't saying "why" as in "why are they charging money for a thing they made", they're saying "why" as in "why do they not give a shit about the quality or context of the thing they made that they are charging us for?"

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, JezMM said:

It's entirely possible to make money while giving the customer content worth paying for.  People aren't saying "why" as in "why are they charging money for a thing they made", they're saying "why" as in "why do they not give a shit about the quality or context of the thing they made that they are charging us for?"

And in that retort I say sega. People act as if Sega has dropped from grace. Sega has always made bad decisions.  be it not fixing promoting anarchy resigns. The 32x and not showing customers they cared to support systems later in their life to dropped ideas like jet set sequel.  They banked to much into the arcade market

11 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

And in that retort I say sega. People act as if Sega has dropped from grace. Sega has always made bad decisions.  be it not fixing promoting anarchy resigns. The 32x and not showing customers they cared to support systems later in their life to dropped ideas like jet set sequel.  They banked to much into the arcade market

I think people are more mystified when they do things that directly contradict past decisions (Generations going back to more Unleashed-esque level designs after Colours' simplicity made sense, then they go back to simple Colours' level design for Forces, contradicting the idea that they'd learned any kind of lesson on Colours' shortcomings).  In this case, Super Sonic being paid DLC just makes no dang sense after previous games included him as a base feature, and both Lost World and Forces itself provided three-stages' worth of DLC for no extra charge.

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Sega has always made bad decisions.

And you keep defending them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We're not going to get anywhere if we keep supporting these decisions. Y'all complain about how stupid this is, but then you fork over your money anyway. This tells Sega that you don't really care for them to improve that much.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

And you keep defending them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No I defend practices of a business in todays world like dlc and season passes  Sega themselves could go under tomorrow and I'd be fine as long as persona and jet set went to a good studio.