Awoo.

Super Sonic DLC for Forces out Dec 22 - €1.99, Free Until Jan 23

Tracker_TD

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

No I defend practices of a business in todays world like dlc and season passes  Sega themselves could go under tomorrow and I'd be fine as long as persona and jet set went to a good studio.

Hasn't there not been a new Jet Set Radio game in years?

I saw a article early this week on a new game as few years ago but they turned it down. Sega has a lot of good properties or did but let them all become "dusty"

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

No I defend practices of a business in todays world like dlc and season passes  Sega themselves could go under tomorrow and I'd be fine as long as persona and jet set went to a good studio.

You didn't really address anything I said.

You admitted that Sega made a poor decision, and this carried the implication that the Super Sonic DLC is among those poor decisions, and you've non-stop bent over backwards defended this decision (this game as a whole, actually, but I digress) and... now you've admitted that Sega made a mistake?

Yet you keep defending them for it... because others are making the same bad decisions?

Y'all are confusing.

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

You didn't really address anything I said.

You admitted that Sega made a poor decision, and this carried the implication that the Super Sonic DLC is among those poor decisions, and you've non-stop bent over backwards defending this decision (this game as a whole, actually, but I digress) and now you've admitted that Sega made a mistake.

Yet you keep defending them for it... because others are making the same bad decisions?

Y'all are confusing.

I'll always defend dlc. And I'll defend segas right to use it when they want. But I'm not defending the company itself only the practice. And whay bad decisions have others made. Doc? Paid dlc. Paid dlc is not bad simply revenue of money. If doa can do it and sf with the fighting community and we not bat a eye I would not bad one at other games.  Granted just a reskin full boost sonic model is not 2 dollars worth but maybe 50 cents.  unless it was actual full levels.

And yes I defend forces cause it's far from bad. Yet far from great but it's a literal 6 if noting else.

There's no point on telling anyone not to buy Forces or this poor dlc. We should just let anyone pay for what they want. We are afraid that Sonic keeps getting worse and worse if people pay for subpar contents but that's out of our hands. 

Let's just hope Forces sales are bad, which imho is what it deserves. Not because some weird revenge, but actually for the good of the franchise.

2 minutes ago, molul said:

There's no point on telling anyone not to buy Forces or this poor dlc. We should just let anyone pay for what they want. We are afraid that Sonic keeps getting worse and worse if people pay for subpar contents but that's out of our hands. 

Let's just hope Forces sales are bad, which imho is what it deserves. Not because some weird revenge, but actually for the good of th

2 minutes ago, molul said:

Let's just hope Forces sales are bad, which imho is what it deserves. Not because some weird revenge, but actually for the good of the franchise.

I'm afraid the franchise will remain stale unless they go the safe route and only do a 2d series from now on but even them how long will that last before people get tired of reliving the 90s. What does Sega need to do to get a game like say botw

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I'll always defend dlc. And I'll defend segas right to use it when they want. But I'm not defending the company itself only the practice. And whay bad decisions have others made. Doc? Paid dlc. Paid dlc is not bad simply revenue of money. If doa can do it and sf with the fighting community and we not bat a eye I would not bad one at other games.  Granted just a reskin full boost sonic model is not 2 dollars worth but maybe 50 cents.  unless it was actual full levels.

And yes I defend forces cause it's far from bad. Yet far from great but it's a literal 6 if noting else.

If your best defense of this is that "other companies do it," then there's not really anything left to discuss.

• Thumbs Up 5

17 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I'll always defend dlc.

The problem is (like with almost anything), DLC is a good concept ruined by greedy people/companies. If it was content made AFTER the relase of the complete game, and actually a worthwhile content priced fairly, that would be fine. But companies love carving out content (that in the past was always part of the game) from the game itself to sell at a later date for far too much money.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

9 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

The problem is (like with almost anything), DLC is a good concept ruined by greedy people/companies. If it was content made AFTER the relase of the complete game, and actually a worthwhile content priced fairly, that would be fine. But companies love carving out content (that in the past was always part of the game) from the game itself to sell at a later date for far too much money.

I'll agree with this. Shantae had dlc. And it resued a looooooot of assets but it's fanbase is a lol less hostile and all I've seen is praise for each release. Granted I do love my shantae

10 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Expanding games with extra content - good.

Withholding standard features of games unless players spend extras money on it - bad 

I honestly can't wrap my head around Super Sonic being paid DLC and Episode Shadow being free. The levels included in Episode Shadow are crap and utterly lazy, but ultimately it is still extra content - new music, new cutscenes, new-ish levels. I think people would be much more willing to pay for it too.

Super Sonic ought to have been included with the Shadow DLC

...and in fact, it was! But it was accessible only by hacking. This is a strange middleground between paying for on-disc DLC and paying for extra content... the key thing is that the content in question isn't only something that's never, ever been placed behind a paywall, but it fails to provide anything worth that amount. Episode Shadow? You could argue that's worth $2. Not only are you getting new content, but Shadow himself has nuances in his playstyle. Altogether it makes it worth it. Super Sonic on the other hand fails to make a difference beyond invincibility and a speed boost, and is even restricted to specific areas in each level (gotta love the automation in this game!) so it's hardly worth anything.

It's not like Super Smash Bros where the new characters add to the meta or offer meaningful variety, or Mario Kart 8's new tracks, or Zelda BotW's new story mode and master trials - this is just an invincible yellow Sonic. For 2 dollars. You may as well have made it available in Episode Shadow from the start and put that behind the $2 paywall. At the very least, it would have felt like you got more bang for your buck (even then, you'd still find justifiable complaints that Super Sonic wasn't included from the getgo.)

Sonic Forces in general is an underwhelming pile of disappointment, but this inconsistent and, quite frankly, scummy attempt at making a quick buck is not something that should be enabled.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I'll agree with this. Shantae had dlc. And it resued a looooooot of assets but it's fanbase is a lol less hostile and all I've seen is praise for each release. Granted I do love my shantae

Off-topic but, to be fair, most of those fans funded the game in advance and are thus recieving the DLC as free updates.  I saw a review for the latest pack that reviewed it outside of that context and while they said it was fun and had some cool new gameplay ideas, they were getting really tired of playing the same five worlds for the fourth time through and it's about time Wayforward got to work on a new entry rather than just squeezing everything they can out of HGH.  I don't blame them really, I still haven't finished the Risky DLC pack for that reason let alone trying Friends to the End.

8 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Off-topic but, to be fair, most of those fans funded the game in advance and are thus recieving the DLC as free updates.  I saw a review for the latest pack that reviewed it outside of that context and while they said it was fun and had some cool new gameplay ideas, they were getting really tired of playing the same five worlds for the fourth time through and it's about time Wayforward got to work on a new entry rather than just squeezing everything they can out of HGH.  I don't blame them really, I still haven't finished the Risky DLC pack for that reason let alone trying Friends to the End.

Off topic. I backed it lol but bought it also . But true the same 4 world's were tiring but the mechanics on each were a tad different in its defense but wayforward knows how to like Nintendo keep moving their series forward without flopping like a magikarp

13 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Off topic. I backed it lol but bought it also . But true the same 4 world's were tiring but the mechanics on each were a tad different in its defense but wayforward knows how to like Nintendo keep moving their series forward without flopping like a magikarp

On 12/26/2017 at 12:49 AM, Blue Blood said:

You toggle it on and off on the stage select screen. You can change the character between Sonic and Super Sonic (and Shadow).

Oh, neat! Okay, that's good information to know. I'll probably go ahead and download it, then!

Just played all the levels with Super. Don't bother.

In classic he's really clunky. He draws rings, but only when you're spin dashing for some reason. I can't tell if I'm even faster.

He's a bit better with modern, boosting is crazy is a bit 'mindless fun'... until you hit 2D section and remember how how many pits are in this game.

Of course there is  no Super Avatar or Super Shadow (jerks). He turns off during QTE, can't be used on bosses and during tag missions is mostly a joke.

8 hours ago, SaberX said:

Tbh I wouldnt even want to see a character like him back in games like Olympics or Racing. Hes just a waste of character slot.

To be fair Olympics game will soon  NEED a waste of space.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him there. I don't hate the guy. Still prefer him over Deadly Six

• Nice Smile 1

On 12/28/2017 at 1:28 AM, Almar said:

Well, since there isn't some final battle with Super Infinite we can write him off as dead. He'll never return outside of the Olympics.

The fact that there wasn't a final battle just kinda leaves it open he might still be alive. Also.. anyone ever consider Infinite might have been controlling the robot that came out of the bigger Death Egg Robot (why is it called that)?

4 hours ago, Razule said:

The fact that there wasn't a final battle just kinda leaves it open he might still be alive. Also.. anyone ever consider Infinite might have been controlling the robot that came out of the bigger Death Egg Robot (why is it called that)?

That does seem like it could very well be true, now that I've played the game and saw how Infinite left after being defeated. That final form of the robot did seem kinda controlled and.. just different from the previous form.

I get the feeling that he's still alive. And if so, I really wanna see him again in the future. I thought he was way too cool and badass in this game.

Sonic Forces disappointed and unlike Silver, Infinite does't really have anything to bring into the series to keep him around. He's dead. At least he's better off than Elise (doesn't get mentioned after 06 period).

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/29/2017 at 1:09 AM, Razule said:

The fact that there wasn't a final battle just kinda leaves it open he might still be alive.

There was a final battle with him, though. It just wasn't the final battle of the game. He still got beat both physically and thematically (whiny loner got his ass kicked because Sonic teamed up with his new buddy) and then he glitched out and vanished; I'd say that's about as close to a confirmed death as you can get in a series that isn't going to show you a corpse.

On 12/29/2017 at 1:09 AM, Razule said:

Also.. anyone ever consider Infinite might have been controlling the robot that came out of the bigger Death Egg Robot (why is it called that)?

What purpose would that serve, though? I don't see anything gained in swapping Eggman for Infinite without even hinting at it to the player.

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt he is dead. Sega simply rushed him. Remember that image of him in null space/techno computer verse image. Im sure that was meant to serve as a final boss but like each 3d sonic game sega rushes them to meet fucking deadlines no one is asking for. Such as in 06. tossing it out without actually have anyone test the game, dropped online features and gameplay, night and day cycles, the rainbow gem for super sonic, or forces with tons of unused species and im sure outfits, a proper final battle with a super fight which only makes sense is SS is in the game. and where is my damn chao garden.

On 12/29/2017 at 4:08 AM, Roger_van_der_weide said:

I really hope Infinite appears in the next Olympic game.

...They better have him go into a psychopathic rant about not being weak every time he loses the figure skating match.

So he's the guy who complains about being bad at fighting game but never tries to learn and get better at fighting games?

I'll take that

• 4 weeks later...