Awoo.

Christmas 2017 (Christmas Haul/General Topic)

Ryannumber1gamer

Well, it's that time of year again, and with 48 hours to go til Christmas for a lot of us, I think it's time we got the usual topic up to discuss how everyone's holidays have been thus far. It's been a bit of a tough year for SSMB this year. Forces especially bringing a huge divide between people and causing a few controversies. Mania came out to be one of the best games we've got in the series to date, at least on an objective technical level. We had the likes of Zelda and Mario make a comeback into new gameplay styles and more. To say this has been an interesting year would be a bit of an understatement to say the least. In terms of reflecting on the past year to this point, it's been an extremely interesting for games especially. 

So, in terms of me, I've been doing the usual Christmas Streams that Motobug does around this time of year and it's been pretty fun doing those streams with everyone. We've seen a lot of fun things during the streams. I've been playing a lot of the Overwatch Winter Event, even if the new game modes aren't particularly great, and rewatching quite a few Christmas movies.

Anyway, seeing as Christmas is in a few days, seems like the best time to get the topic up ready for Christmas Hauls and such on Christmas Day.

Here's hoping that everyone has a Merry Christmas, or a Happy Holidays if you don't celebrate Christmas.

• Thumbs Up 1

Christmas is honestly my favourite time of the year. It's when I feel the most happy and less anxious/depressed.

I've made and sent out my own set of Christmas cards, as has been a tradition of mine for the last four or so years. I've also bought my mum a few presents; I can't afford to buy my own presents for everyone, but she's the only one I absolutely insist on if I know what to get, because she does so much for me.

I too have been rewatching many a festive flick this last month. Just a couple of days back I put on Home Alone 2 since I realised I've seen that one fewer times than the first, and I've already had my first viewings of the year of the two Snowman films, and I also watched Father Christmas earlier today.

I'm super excited for what this years festive (British) TV has to offer. The two I'm anticipating the most are Doctor Who, with a multi-Doctor story to see off Peter Capaldi and our first glimpse of Jodie Whittaker, and Eastenders (don't judge me).

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Ernest the Snowpanda said:

I too have been rewatching many a festive flick this last month. Just a couple of days back I put on Home Alone 2 since I realised I've seen that one fewer times than the first, and I've already had my first viewings of the year of the two Snowman films, and I also watched Father Christmas earlier today.

I've been rewatching the first two Home Alones myself, along with a few specials and other movies. Home Alone 2 still remains one of my favourite Christmas movies, even if it retreads the original a bit too much.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been doing Christmas shopping, which was fun at parts and stressful in others.

But I know what I got for my sister, she will love!! She doesn't have a good mouse for her computer, and constantly takes mine, so one of my gifts is a brand new gaming mouse! Adjustable sensitivity settings, more buttons, and it's guaranteed to be better than her current mouse which she randomly found in a box around our house! And because she always asks me about this game, listens to the music from the game, and tells me she hopes to get it as a Christmas present for us, I got her a brand new sealed copy of Persona 5! Geez, that was hard to find :\

Hmm, what will I get...? My sister tells me I will definitely love my present too, that it's something that I didn't know I needed, and it's apparently hard to get her hands on, I wonder what it could be...?

As for celebrating the Christmas spirit? Hm, I'm not doing much. Everybody's just relaxing, and so am I.

• Thumbs Up 1

The hardest thing for me every Christmas has always been making sure I don't end up accidentally spoiling what presents I might be getting.

Thankfully, I've been pretty successful this year, only having one present accidentally spoiled for me. So I'm feeling like this year's Christmas will be a real surprise.

...At the same time, though, there's undoubtedly going to be a sombre tone for my family this year too.

Due to my step-dad's cancer, this will sadly be his final Christmas, so we're making sure that it's one to remember.

• Fist Bump 1

Brother and I exchanged gifts tonight. He got me Okami HD (PS4) and Story of Seasons Trio of Towns. More to be had tomorrow, I'm sure.

Got $100 tonight, I'll be getting another $50 soon. I wanna go to the local mall on a date and go on a little shopping spree! I didn't expect anything this year, but for a period that's felt extremely un-Christmassy, this is nice. It's actually been quite a depraved time, so it's nice to have these little moments.

I suppose I should show off my haul. :) My goodness did I get some good stuff from my family and my Best Gal Friend Ever! So many markers! 

From my Best Gal Friend Ever I got a whole bunch of markers that are like copics but budget friendly so if these babies go well and can get them at a good price then I might be using them for the foreseeable future and as a bonus these babies come in a bag I can carry around, a highlight pen and a fancy glove at I can use so that I don't smudge my pencil work!

From my family who went above and beyond this year! I got a roller ruler, art masking liquid, some chocolate, a gift voucher, an adorable hand made pot, 2 PS4 games (Rime and Gravity Rush 2), some money and a book about how to get creative. 

I was worried Christmas 2017 was going to be a stressfest for my folks and me but thankfully it wasn't for the most part. And that was the best thing of all!

I hope you guys have a lovely holiday full of love! See you in 2018 SSMB!

Got a fair few surprises this year! I have a new mobile phone (and after having a pretty shit one for so long, it's a breath of fresh air), as well as Pokémon Ultra Moon (which I... maaay have accidentally found out about a couple of weeks ago. Oops...)

But the one I honestly didn't see coming was this:

15141996839901474188591.thumb.jpg.b97694183622173669201c94f4455efa.jpg

So yeah. I've got a new toy to set up!

• Thumbs Up 2

>all these people getting so many presents of all kind
>got only a questionable jacket, a wallet and some bucks
I should be used to it considering my Christmases have always been setback when it comes to presents, but there's always something inside you that never leaves when seeing this.
But i don't want to drag down everyone else's festivities (and besides, this is one of the things that tought me that if i want something i need to get it with my own strenght), so ignore my rambling. I still have enough to spend happily my free time at the moment, so i don't have to worry about these things.

About to have the feast, will probably post photos later on. Have a merry Christmas, SSMB. All you've done so far with the Motobug streams, the people i formed the Youtube channel i'm currently part of and those who just wanted to talk for a bit. You've helped me in these years more than you can imagine, when i say i owe so much to this community it's not a joke.
Happy festivities.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Captain MetalliX-mas said:

Got a fair few surprises this year! I have a new mobile phone (and after having a pretty shit one for so long, it's a breath of fresh air), as well as Pokémon Ultra Moon (which I... maaay have accidentally found out about a couple of weeks ago. Oops...)

But the one I honestly didn't see coming was this:

15141996839901474188591.thumb.jpg.b97694183622173669201c94f4455efa.jpg

So yeah. I've got a new toy to set up!

Sweet dude, be sure to add me on Switch! 

As for my haul, I got a Batman The Dark Knight Returns 30th Anniversary Figure set, and a few games -

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PS4)

Persona 5 (PS4) 

Lego Marvel 2 (PS4) 

Lego Harry Potter Collection (PS4) 

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite (PS4) 

Batman The Telltale Series Season 1 (Nintendo Switch) 

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Switch)

and the biggest surprise of my Christmas - A PS4 Pro to replace my old original launch day PS4 which had begun to start getting a bit glitchier and such! Merry Christmas everyone!

• Thumbs Up 1

We're doing Christmas in two lots this year, effectively, as we won't get to the wrapped presents until dad gets in from work (yeah, he works Christmas Day. Has done for half a decade). 

But even with just the unwrapped sack gifts, I've had quite a lot. 

-Giant ass Mario figure. 

-Wedding Bowser Amiibo.

-Super Mario Odyssey Collectors Guide Book.

-Art of Sonic the Hedgehog.

-Crash Funko Pop.

-Crash Christmas Jumper.

-Guinness World Records 2018 Gamer's Edition.

-Zootropolis.

-Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (3DS)

-Chocolate everywhere.

I still need to get breakfast, but lunch is cheeseboard and dinner is turkey crown with all the trimmings. Should be good. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

-Crash Funko Pop.

You got one? I couldn't find one anywhere around here.

Myself I got a Switch with Mario Odyssey, South Park DVD, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Sonic Forces (PS4 version). Mario Odyssey, Ultra Sun, and even Forces are fun enough, if mostly standard of their series as of what I've played besides their token gimmick.

Ordered it online at the end of November, but even if I hadn't Forbidden Planet had them in physically like three weeks ago (didn't buy because I'd ordered at that point).

Did buy myself Cortex from FP though. 

2 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Ordered it online at the end of November, but even if I hadn't Forbidden Planet had them in physically like three weeks ago (didn't buy because I'd ordered at that point).

Did buy myself Cortex from FP though. 

I searched Leicester's FP and found nothing and that place has practically a whole floor of Funko Pops.

That's kind of weird then, especially when mine is much smaller and only has a bit of the store allocated for them. 

Man, you people are so lucky getting all of these video game related gifts. Let's see here...I got a sweater from my boyfriend, three shirts from my dad, and a $15 dunkin donut's gift card, a panda pillow, and cozy socks from my friend. I "think" I got some money from other relatives but I don't really know. 

To be honest, my mom was getting on my nerves all year, so this is my first Christmas alone. I don't care though. I really don't.

Merry Christmas everyone.

35 minutes ago, jingleblurs98 said:

tfw you celebrate christmas in january

Well, that means you get to eat all the Terry's Chocolate Oranges while everyone else is nursing their combined Xmas/New Year's hangovers. I say that's pretty lucky!

Anyway, I got a few gifts, including:

-€25 eShop card (which I've already spent on Ace Attorney 6, Mighty Gunvolt, Blaster Master and Wario Land 3 - hey, it gives me a reason to start playing the 3DS again!)

-€30 GameStop card (probably gonna use that to try buy Etrian Odyssey V: I need that series back in my life!)

-A Crash Bandicoot/Spyro T-Shirt

-A pair of Crash Bandicoot socks with lineart of some of Charles Zembillas' old artwork

-Two notebooks

-The Mitchell & Webb Book (it's based on my favourite sitcom, so I'm looking forward to see how it goes)

It's overall been pretty good, but I'd like to celebrate it even further with a special gift for y'all! 

I decided to make a free album consisting of damn near every music track I composed over the last year, and I figured I'd post it here as well for folks to check out: Songs for Everyone.

Have a very Merry Christmas, have a wonderful New Year, and have a fantastic life in general!

• Thumbs Up 1

Me and my family got a really nice haul! Here's what we got!

- Nintendo Switch

- Arms

- Super Mario Odyssey

- Switch carrying case

- 190 dollars

- Ninjago: Hands of Time DVD

- Sonic Mania Vinyl

- Danganronpa The Animation: Limited Edition Blu-Ray

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty damn fine haul.

- iPhone 8 (I really like IOS too much to switch to Android at this point and I still wanted the home button so this is amazing)

- Dark Pit Figma figure

- Some nice clothes

- Steam Gift cards

- Buncha moola

Oh, and a Minions shot glass from a pair of my cousins... u can't make this shit up XD

• Thumbs Up 1

I got around $160 from various relatives, kisses (the candy), a movie I already own (because once or twice in our lives, were bound to get repeat gifts), and... a $1 marijuana drug test kit. This year we all got cheap joke items to hand out to each other at random and that's what I rolled. Ah well, at least it was good for a laugh.