Awoo.

Can't ignore Ogilvie's signature

Phos

It seems to just be his.  Tried changing themes, desktop or mobile doesn't seem to make any difference.  

And if Ogilvie is curious as to why, I almost always ignore animated signatures.  

Mods and admins can't be ignored, I assume because it means they can always send you messages if an incident occurs or something. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Mods and admins can't be ignored, I assume because it means they can always send you messages if an incident occurs or something. 

I think OP is just referring to the signature line though, which you can ignore while keeping the post/user access as it was before the ignore. Its quite helpful if you have an old computer or a slow connection, or if you just find some signatures annoying/distracting for whatever reason. Probably prevents drama and sniping over signature preferences and such.

I dunno why Oglivie's signature specifically will not be denied visibility though. :/

As far as I can see, you have to select the user to be ignored before you can specify what content you want to ignore (ie select only the signature), and because he's a mod the ignore function won't let you get that far. I'm testing it manually and can't see how you can isolate the signature since it's not an option when hovering over the user name and entering them manually in the user ignore function brings up a message that stops it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

He's right, Ogilvie signature can't be ignored due to the fact he's a mod and you can't ignore mods, it must be some bug in the board feature. You'll probably have to either see if @bmn can fix it or see if Ogilvie will change his mind on the the gif.