Awoo.

Sonic Forces Final episode and secret ending DLC coming soon?

Blueknight V2.0

So I've been searching for info about the third and final DLC to Sonic Forces over on Steam.

https://steamdb.info/app/637100/dlc/

Now the link above includes all DLC for Sonic Forces, one of them has no name and has been on there since October 5th, about a month before Forces was released. Could this be a Final episode containing a secret ending like this user on Reddit believes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/7ck2hk/evidence_of_a_secret_ending_in_sonic_forces/

Now I think it's very well possible, because of the fact that at the end of the game we don't see what happened to Eggman, Infinite or the Phantom Ruby. Most Sonic games starting with Unleashed shown what happened to Eggman at the end, this one didn't. Also the percentage of the game will Not go to 100%, instead it will only go to 99.9% and no further, maybe because the story isn't over and it'll finish in the final DLC. Also Shadow didn't get to fight any bosses in the game, so maybe that will be included in the final DLC and maybe playable Silver.

Now this is just my theory, nothing confirmed yet, but if there is new DLC on the way, then it will probably launch in late January as an estimate of the DLC release range between Forces' other DLC releases. What do you guys think will possibly happen and would you want to see it?

• Thumbs Up 2

You'll take your Blonic T-Shirt, and you'll like it.

Real Talk: The game just has a shite ending. There's no 'intended conclusion' or anything, they just fucked it up. And the percentage can go up to 112% if I recall. At any rate, Eggman always having at least 0.1% is presumably a joke given how it's presented upon the game's completion - as in "he'll be back."

That and while the ending is shite, it's still resolute - victory speeches are made, robots are destroyed, and plans for the rebuild get underway complete with Sonic and the Avatar going their separate ways. Throwing in a sudden "oh hey, Infinite's not gone now! Now go fight him even though you already took the world back" would feel... forced. And even moreso, it'd be yet more DLC that stands to show Forces as being unfinished (i.e. Super Sonic)

• Thumbs Up 2

The game's ending may be shit, but it's still a conclusive ending. Infinite got his ass kicked and vanished, Eggman's biggest robot got beat, all the rubies were destroyed, the world was freed from Eggman's control, Classic went back to his dimension, and the game ends with the characters talking about rebuilding and the Avatar character moving on, having developed from coward to confident hero. There's not really anything left for a "final episode" or "secret ending" to do.

• Thumbs Up 3

I remember when everyone had these thoughts regarding Sonic Lost World's rushed ending.

Folks, just because it didn't end with Super Sonic doesn't mean there's a secret ending.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't think Sonic Lost World's ending was rushed, now I did wonder what happened to the Zeti. Now I'm not complaining about Sonic Forces' story or voice acting, because both the story and voice acting has improved since Sonic Lost World. Now I think certain places like Shadow's story needed more cutscenes than just the one, and more cutscenes showing events before Forces like the prequel comics showed or why Silver is there, now I can understand why Silver is there because of the situation. Other than that I'm not complaining, well maybe some CGI cutscenes by Marza Animation would've worked, but there focusing all their animation on the Sonic 2019 movie. Speaking of the Sonic Movie, I posted my idea about 2 or 3 days ago of what could happen with the Sonic movie in 2019 over in the topic Sonic 2019 Movie Paramount Panic Zone if you want to check it out.

I was optimistic like this once.

I'm 97% there is no secret ending. They would at very least mention it by now.

Isn't the 0.01 percent remaining to Eggman kind of a joke indicating that the 0.01 percent is literally just Eggman himself?

Anyway, while it would have been a possibility for any logical company to realease a DLC for a better ending, I'm convinced Sega doesn't give a fuck. Your next DLC is going to be a Ristar codpiece or something dumb.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I can see additional stage DLC but I really doubt they'd have an entirely new ending. Mainly because it doesn't make sense. It was established the Phantom Ruby was inside Eggman's mech after Infinite vanishes so Infinite's pretty much lost his main source of power either way when the mech, and therefore the ruby was destroyed.

Yeah no.

The chance they had was the Super Sonic DLC, say, an Episode Super sonic or something of the sort.

Buuut they blew it, this is all we're gonna get story wise.