Awoo.

MKG Teaches Japanese

Yoko/葉子

As some of you know, I know a chunk of Japanese.

It all started (appropriately) by putting the text setting to Japanese in Sonic Adventure 2 and putting Chaos' name in Katakana.

While my knowledge is far from perfect, I'd be happy to use my spare time to help you get started with basics.

It'd be best to do this with me over Skype or Discord, as we have more ways to interact until it makes more sense.

I already had one successful student that absorbed my knowledge.

So, anyone need a hand?

I can even teach you a few puns you may not have caught from live-action and anime.

• Thumbs Up 3

I may honestly take you up on this offer in the future. I'm currently trying to learn Katakana and trying to expand my vocabulary and whatnot. 

Just started self teaching myself last year in September and its been amazing!

• Fist Bump 1

Update: I had someone help check if I sound like certain seiyuu and it seems I can sound close to Tetsu Inada and Hikaru Midorikawa, so anime and video game fans may request I use a familiar voice during voice calls.

You may recognize the voice I can come close to mimicking from Inada as Phantom (Megaman Zero), Kurogane (Tsubasa Chronicle), Ioryogi (Kobato), Julius Belmont (Castlevania) and Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors).

You all know Hikaru as Marth. My voice can sound close to it. He uses a similar pretty boy voice as Soma Cruz (Castlevania), Souji Mikage (Revolutionary Girl Utena), Tamahome (Fushigi Yuugi) and Zelgadis (Slayers), if I recall. He uses that when singing some songs, too.

Edit: I'll be using nerdy speak to make things easier to piece together. This is how Jay Snyder/Dan Green helps his voice acting students get steered in the right direction. 

For clarity, verbs are the toughest for me, but I can explain two connected details of major importance that are about verbs.

Before any of us get started, I'd like to note that I'd prefer doing it one-on-one, as that way I can focus more directly on how you learn.

For those that learn through pictures, this book will help you immensely with basic Kanji. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0887277365/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately, it's not well organized.

If you know your Japanese mythology well, I can make my own variation of the Konami code that fits right in.