Awoo.

Sonic Forces X Chuck E. Cheese's

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Indigo Rush said:

Proud? Sure. :rolleyes:

Sonic Team isn't advertising Sonic Forces. SEGA is advertising it. And for the record, it's not a small pocket of Sonic nerds praising Sonic Mania and criticizing Forces, this is the case across the board with critics and the general public alike. If SEGA is interested in improving their flagship mascot's marketability and image, pushing Sonic Mania over Sonic Forces makes sense, unlike SEGA's decisions as of late.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/251589-segas-new-sega-forever-service-train-wreck

https://kotaku.com/sonics-collaboration-with-hooters-looks-grim-1819497375

hbgxlppsfluznukxq8yb.jpg

That about represents what Sega's done to Sonic

• Promotion 2
  • Chuckle 5

in fact, they could've converted Sonic Mania into a full-blown arcade game. 

i am surprisingly okay with this

3 hours ago, Razule said:

hbgxlppsfluznukxq8yb.jpg

That about represents what Sega's done to Sonic

Pretty much. Just need to add photoshopped nooses around the Sonics' necks.

7 minutes ago, AdventChild said:

Pretty much. Just need to add photoshopped nooses around the Sonics' necks.

I was about to say that they looked like they're hanged before you posted this XD.

Chuck E Cheese's huh? Why not just go to something like McDonalds or Burger King to promote a game aimed at kiddies? You know, like any other company would do (with the exception of Disney). Plus, you get cool kid's meal toys out of the promotion too. Sega was able to do this 15 years ago, but why can't they seem to get it now? Perhaps the Happy Meal backlog is already filled with each of the crappy Dreamworks movies, and the yearly Pokemon promotion.

The way I see this is that Mania is aimed at the older fans. People like us, who prefer the 2D games over the 3D games. Meanwhile, over at Forces, that game is mostly aimed at the kiddies, and fans of the 3D games (which, are mostly aged between 10-24). 

Mania had a substantially smaller budget than Forces did, and marketing is typically included in this budget.

It still shocks me to this day how Sega thought it was a good idea to promote a game that was clearly aimed at the kids (with the custom hero gimmick) at an adult restaurant. What was going on in their minds?

in fact, they could've converted Sonic Mania into a full-blown arcade game. 

I don't see how this could do well. Sonic Mania wouldn't be fun to play with an arcade stick and buttons. I personally hated playing that game with analogue controls.

18 hours ago, Sir Laptop said:

I don't see how this could do well. Sonic Mania wouldn't be fun to play with an arcade stick and buttons. I personally hated playing that game with analogue controls.

TIL People have a very limited idea of how arcade cabinets can be built.

Sega-Genesis-Kiosk-Store-Display-Sign.jp

Lock it into No Save Mode or Competition, use tokens instead of continues, add a score board in attract mode, and you're good.

On 05/01/2018 at 10:58 AM, speedfreak said:

Took my son there a few months ago. It's shit. Tons of broken games, dirty, over crowed. Sonic Forces fits right in with that shit hole.

Someone frame this, hang on the forums' door.