Awoo.

Who dies in Forces?

ClassicKnuckles

Weren't they saying someone would die in Forces? Nobody dies as far as I know, but am I missing something?

Every robot enemy in the game.

Bless their poor built-in souls. 

• Chuckle 3

5 minutes ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

Weren't they saying someone would die in Forces? Nobody dies as far as I know, but am I missing something?

During the lead-up to launch, there was an obviously fake rumour that Tails would die, and that became a kind of running gag amidst the fanbase, where people would talk about it as if it was a real thing.  The Sonic PR team sort of played along with it which added to it's spread (for example, one of the tags on the tumblr post for the Fist Bump (Piano Ver.) upload said "this song is used in the scene where Tails... oops no, spoilers".  In the end of course, the song was nothing more than menu music for the cut-scene theatre).

It was 100% a joke but sadly the Sonic fanbase is filled with a lot of people who really can't tell the difference for one reason or another, which further muddled things up.

• Thumbs Up 6

Pretty sure all that "someone will die" thing was just fanbase rumor mumbo-jumbo. Nothing of the sort actually happened regarding major characters dying.

Did we forget that Infinite killed some of the survivors that were trying to defined Park Avenue? You know where he let the avatar run away

• Thumbs Up 4

My remaining hope for the franchise died in Forces.

It was brutally murdered by the joined efforts of all of the characters in the game.

• Chuckle 3

Sonic dies, Sonic Team dies, my hope dies, several of my brain cells die. It's like the End of Evangelion of Sonic games.

♪You just keep letting me down

Letting me down

Letting me doo~oown♪

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, JezMM said:

During the lead-up to launch, there was an obviously fake rumour that Tails would die, and that became a kind of running gag amidst the fanbase, where people would talk about it as if it was a real thing.  The Sonic PR team sort of played along with it which added to it's spread (for example, one of the tags on the tumblr post for the Fist Bump (Piano Ver.) upload said "this song is used in the scene where Tails... oops no, spoilers".  In the end of course, the song was nothing more than menu music for the cut-scene theatre).

It was 100% a joke but sadly the Sonic fanbase is filled with a lot of people who really can't tell the difference for one reason or another, which further muddled things up.

What confused me was I thought I heard that Aaron Webber said that somebody dies?? I dunno.

5 minutes ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

What confused me was I thought I heard that Aaron Webber said that somebody dies?? I dunno.

Yeah as said, the PR team played along with the joke, but it didn't originate from them.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2018 at 2:28 PM, Tails spin said:

Did we forget that Infinite killed some of the survivors that were trying to defined Park Avenue? You know where he let the avatar run away

I'm pretty sure those people fell over and blooped out of existence off screen...

• Thumbs Up 1

Infinite dies in the game I guess, but that rumour of Tails dying was just that; a not very believable rumour. And I’m relieved, because I really did not want a repeat of dead!Sonic in Sonic 06. Good Lord, who thought THAT was a good idea?

Noting implies infinite dies.  At best he was recalled and sega had no idea how to write a proper final boss. The music for it was good during phase 2. But lots of rebels died in the game showing segas not afraid to kill npcs but not a main caster

The correct answer would be millions.

Lets start with the more obvious hints: "80% of our forces have been wiped out, and we've lost contact with the rest." Logically speaking here, even the Sonic universe would acknowledge that "wiped out" means killed, not just a bump on the ol' noggin. The 20 percent also met with a similar fate. We can also assume that several died,  civilians and soldiers alike, during the battles in Metropolis and the Green Hill city. Plenty soldiers probably were killed during the games other background fire throwing contests. Who knows what happened in the Death Egg...

Now let's delve into more subtle territory. Remember this trailer?

Here we can see what Eggman calls the "Robotomy treatment" It's robotization, the concept from SATAM and the classics + Adventure & some other games.

Even though the obvious example of robotization here was the caterpillar into a Caterkiller, it's clearly implied that the process was meant for more intelligent, sentient folk. All of those bland robots we fight in Forces? Ya, they were people. Flesh converted into metal and nervous system now intricate wiring. At this point, they're brain dead, and since Eggman conquered the "world" (consisting of one big city, a small city, a chemical plant and some nature), It's pretty certain that countless numbers were roboticized. When Sonic or the avatar destroys them, they're gone for good. There may be a way to "deroboticize" something, but it's not like you can do that with a pile of scrap. Naw, they're dead. 

But no one important dies, So the important answer would be who cares.

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, McGroose said:

The correct answer would be millions.

Lets start with the more obvious hints: "80% of our forces have been wiped out, and we've lost contact with the rest." Logically speaking here, even the Sonic universe would acknowledge that "wiped out" means killed, not just a bump on the ol' noggin. The 20 percent also met with a similar fate. We can also assume that several died,  civilians and soldiers alike, during the battles in Metropolis and the Green Hill city. Plenty soldiers probably were killed during the games other background fire throwing contests. Who knows what happened in the Death Egg...

Now let's delve into more subtle territory. Remember this trailer?

Here we can see what Eggman calls the "Robotomy treatment" It's robotization, the concept from SATAM and the classics + Adventure & some other games.

Even though the obvious example of robotization here was the caterpillar into a Caterkiller, it's clearly implied that the process was meant for more intelligent, sentient folk. All of those bland robots we fight in Forces? Ya, they were people. Flesh converted into metal and nervous system now intricate wiring. At this point, they're brain dead, and since Eggman conquered the "world" (consisting of one big city, a small city, a chemical plant and some nature), It's pretty certain that countless numbers were roboticized. When Sonic or the avatar destroys them, they're gone for good. There may be a way to "deroboticize" something, but it's not like you can do that with a pile of scrap. Naw, they're dead. 

But no one important dies, So the important answer would be who cares.

Considering that doesn't come up in the game at all I'm gonna have to go with that not counting and just being for fun.

• Thumbs Up 5

Didn't nearly all the troops in the attack on the city die when infinite shows up. Didn't they even say they had lost nearly all of them. Again npcs die but not the main cast.

I always forget that 90% of the world population was wiped out in this game. You never really get the feeling that so many innocent people got kille din this game.  

23 minutes ago, Swing said:

I always forget that 90% of the world population was wiped out in this game. You never really get the feeling that so many innocent people got kille din this game.  

imageproxy.thumb.png.18c7f06d4d03762798a6a99a16bd1ad4.png

If Amy's reaction to Sonic being tortured is anything to go by, she was probably getting a kick out of the whole mass genocide thing.

• Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

If Amy's reaction to Sonic being tortured is anything to go by, she was probably getting a kick out of the whole mass genocide thing.

XD
Even the characters don't commit to the plot.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

It could be a fetish of hers imagining sonic getting tortured on a table. Battery cables please lol jk jk

59 minutes ago, Razule said:

I thought that joke died when we actually saw the context of it and that it was just before her reaction showed..

Didn't we always know that? It's just that the menu dialogue scenes are put together in a very sloppy manner, so all reactions are delayed until a character starts talking.

Hopefully Classic Sonic died for good. He's fun in Forces, but in Generations he's pretty bad in Generations and Mania. :P