Awoo.

Teen Titans Go to the Movies - Your New Favourite Movie - What could Possibly Go Wrong? (2018)

Ryannumber1gamer

• 5 weeks later...

Am I the only one finding it funny that the only way they could improve these flash designs was slightly better shading and colour usage?

54 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Am I the only one finding it funny that the only way they could improve these flash designs was slightly better shading and colour usage?

Well to be fair that is what ends up happening when most cartoons get films. The MLP movie and all its new assets was a rare occurrence (even with how rare cartoon movies are nowadays). It's really with how they're animated is where we'll hopefully see the higher budget come into play. I mean, look at some screenshots from the PPG or SpongeBob movies and you'll see a similar trend.

Though, with that being said, the trailer still looks like your standard episode animation and the shadowing was probably turned up only for this poster parody so... yeah. :/

To be honest, I'm surprised the extra lighting and shading were given at all.  But, as stated above, it's only for the promo image.  The actual movie, judging by the trailer, won't have any of that.

Really, the animation (no matter how repugnant) is the least of my concerns here.  I don't mind a movie not extending its animation budget if the animation being used is already serviceable enough, and in fact I think the higher budget animation can sometimes make a film look worse than its TV counterpart (wasn't a big fan of the Rugrats movie's aesthetic, for example)  For TTG, the animation services it well enough.  That is to say, I don't think better animation would make this any less of a chore to sift through.

• 1 month later...

New trailer...with about one new joke.

Also - the crappy "AIR LEAVING MY BUTT" is our recurring trailer gag. Have fun gang.

The good news is that Teen Titans 2003 might be returning soon, so if this movie does well it might show CN that there is interest in the characters.  Hopefully, I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Granted this movie is for children that are fans of the show. Yet most in yt comments are grown adults complaining. Ttg is a gut with the target market honestly.

Honestly, I'm almost convinced to see this movie because Nick Cage playing Superman sounds delightful.  The show itself honestly isn't terrible.  It has its fair share of stinkers, but the show is such a bizarre thing with a lot of incredibly obscure and outlandish references, some amazing DC satire, and there's a lot of fun, vibrant homages to different eras of cartoons mixed in with it.  It's certainly incredibly juvenile with a lot of its humor, but that isn't always a bad thing, and Go! knows how to have fun with it.

Also, this is the cartoon that casted Weird Al as Darkseid.  If anything, it will always have my respect for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Granted this movie is for children that are fans of the show. Yet most in yt comments are grown adults complaining. Ttg is a gut with the target market honestly.

That's literally how it is in most cases, though.  Even for well-liked children's brands, the comments are usually overshadowed by overzealous adults lol. TTG is popular with its target market, but so was Johnny Test, and I don't see too many people lining up to defend that.  CN is allowed to make an absolutely tripe movie if they want, and I don't hold any particular hostility for the writers for that, but on that same token, I think it's fair game for people to criticize the hell out of it.

(That is with the concession that the people giving death threats to the writers and actors are obviously going too far with it and seriously need to stop it, like jesus)

10 hours ago, Nix said:

Honestly, I'm almost convinced to see this movie because Nick Cage playing Superman sounds delightful.  The show itself honestly isn't terrible.  It has its fair share of stinkers, but the show is such a bizarre thing with a lot of incredibly obscure and outlandish references, some amazing DC satire, and there's a lot of fun, vibrant homages to different eras of cartoons mixed in with it.  It's certainly incredibly juvenile with a lot of its humor, but that isn't always a bad thing, and Go! knows how to have fun with it.

Also, this is the cartoon that casted Weird Al as Darkseid.  If anything, it will always have my respect for that.

That's honestly my problem.  There are some genuinely funny concepts, but even material that should be inherently funny to me just... isn't.  Weird Al as Darkseid especially should be an instant laugh factor no matter how terrible, but they still somehow found a way to make it bad.  And Nick Cage as Superman, especially if he goes full on Nick Cage, is something I'd love to see from literally any show but this one.  And even though I can appreciate the attempt to throw together all these outlandish references and parodies, they're never done in a way that is interesting or fun.  It just sort of explains that these things existed and then pass the knowledge that these things exist as witty and topical.

Not to disrespect your opinion at all.  Just stating my own feelings is all, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, Cage is going to be in this film????

4 hours ago, Tara said:

That's literally how it is in most cases, though.  Even for well-liked children's brands, the comments are usually overshadowed by overzealous adults lol. TTG is popular with its target market, but so was Johnny Test, and I don't see too many people lining up to defend that.  CN is allowed to make an absolutely tripe movie if they want, and I don't hold any particular hostility for the writers for that, but on that same token, I think it's fair game for people to criticize the hell out of it.

(That is with the concession that the people giving death threats to the writers and actors are obviously going too far with it and seriously need to stop it, like jesus)

That's honestly my problem.  There are some genuinely funny concepts, but even material that should be inherently funny to me just... isn't.  Weird Al as Darkseid especially should be an instant laugh factor no matter how terrible, but they still somehow found a way to make it bad.  And Nick Cage as Superman, especially if he goes full on Nick Cage, is something I'd love to see from literally any show but this one.  And even though I can appreciate the attempt to throw together all these outlandish references and parodies, they're never done in a way that is interesting or fun.  It just sort of explains that these things existed and then pass the knowledge that these things exist as witty and topical.

Not to disrespect your opinion at all.  Just stating my own feelings is all, lol.

Johnny test damn it's been awhile since I've heard that name haha.  That show had some good bits though the excise it didn't look better cause it was flash when wakfu uses the same program

• 5 weeks later...

New Trailer:

Eh, definitely better than the first one. There were actually a few good jokes in here too imo.

*Sigh* I mean what can I say? Once you get past how much it pales in comparison to the original, how low budget (though definitely a step up from the show itself) the animation is when compared to just about any other 2D feature that's been on the big screen, some of the jokes that make Color's writing look decent, Slade, and the fact that this is basically killing CN atm... this movie miiight turn out to be somewhere in the ballpark of ok. I know, I feel weird for even considering it but hey. They know how much people hate this and seeing them write that into the story itself is... interesting to say the least.

That trailer was honestly great lmao.  A lot of the jokes landed it looks fairly well animated.  Some of the backgrounds are fantastic too; that "Yawn of Justice" poster killed me.

Looks like it'll be fun kind of like the show itself.

...yeah I’m not getting the funny thing. I cringed during a lot of the jokes. And the Deadpool joke...eh, once again, marvel/fox does callouts better. I mean does it look better than the show? Slightly? To the point of it being good and redeeming Go? Not even fucking close. 

Glad we finally get Slade having a proper appearance. Sad that he's not voiced by Ron Perlman. :(

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, apparently they could afford big names like Nicholas Cage but couldn't get Ron Perlman to voice the Teen Titans character he's known for voicing? Lame, Warner Bros. Super lame

The movie looks... you know. As good as the show. So it's definitely very cheap for a product going to theaters, meta humour be damned. Shame, the Deadpool joke actually is kind of worth a smile. Deadpool Slade mind controlling everyone is reminding me too much of the original Spongebob movie which was better in every respect and it lacks any of the heart I'd get from Lego Batman. 

So yeah, hard pass. Kids deserve better. 

I mean, to give TTG credit, I've always thought the best thing about it was the meta material.  The little DCU references hidden in the background that you'll miss if you're not paying attention to it.  So some of the meta humor is.. OKAY.  I feel like the Deadpool joke could have been funny but even for the trailer it just feels like it dragged on too long.  The improved animation also doesn't really do anything to me, because we have shows like Gravity Falls that made that level animation pretty much standard.  It's improved by TTG standards, and certainly it would have been impressive ten years ago when digital animation was still somewhat in its infancy.  But in 2018, it looks... about how I'd expect any cartoon by now to look.

Anyway, my opinion hasn't really changed.  Not big surprise.

(Also I really hate these incredibly meta plots about movie characters trying to get a movie made about themselves.  It's been done a million times and it wasn't even a good idea the first time.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Butagain the target market is nooooooooone of the adults griping they hate ttg.  It's the kids that excitedly watch the show and submit in drawings constantly.  is it at times dumb and sully neat always but kids love it . Also TNBTS was good

14 hours ago, LongcrierCat said:

Yeah, apparently they could afford big names like Nicholas Cage but couldn't get Ron Perlman to voice the Teen Titans character he's known for voicing? Lame, Warner Bros. Super lame

Ron Perlman doing a comical Slade would have been something to hear, though maybe that's the reason. It's obviously a COMPLETELY different take. Oh well, Bojack voicing him isn't a bad alternative considering the concept.

31 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

Ron Perlman doing a comical Slade would have been something to hear, though maybe that's the reason. It's obviously a COMPLETELY different take. Oh well, Bojack voicing him isn't a bad alternative considering the concept.

I'm just imagining Perlman's calm, cool, and collected Slade playing the deadpan to all the Titan's shenanigans, and it really could've worked, though it looks like they already have the Justice League fulfilling that role somewhat.  The direction they're going for Slade here is pretty fun though, and probably fits better with Go!'s loud and off-kilter humor.

I had sincere laughs watching this trailer. Gu.. guys.. am I sick? 

Will Arnet as Slade = best thing. He did not made a huge mistake.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:18 PM, Jango said:

Will Arnet as Slade = best thing. He did not made a huge mistake.

Well,  in the original,  Slade was kinda like an evil counterpart to Batman in Robin's life. 

Ugh. That's Actually kind of clever of them.  Still,  regardless,  this movie doesn't look or sound like anything to write home about. 

• Way Past Cool 1