Awoo.

Update Seems To Have Messed With PM Functions

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

Okay, so recently the Sonic Stadium Message Boards had an update recently yesterday. Now, I'm unaware of whatever benefits came out of it, but I've noticed a strong issue.

See, before the update, whenever one accessed a PM from the drop down menu, clicking it would take them straight to the last unread post in said PM. However, now, after the update, it seems that it takes us back to the very beginning of each PM, which can make hunting for our respective left-off points a bit of a hassle and less convenient as a result.

Is there any reason for that, and is it possible there's a fix on the way?

Here to testify. Same thing is happening to me. Everytime I enter a PM, it's straight to the OP no matter what.

It's not terrible or board breaking, but it is an inconveinence I hope gets fixed soon. 

• Thumbs Up 3

@Tara @Chris @Carbo @Zaysho

Initially, I'd assume this is a deal to bring up with the admins, but I also all the mods on the off chance this is something more easily fixed by a function invisible to non-staff members being switched back on. Sort of like the Birthdays and Status Update enablements topic?

As there is no toggle for this function, I cannot change it. IB made this change during a previous update for reasons that I'm not privy of.

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2018 at 4:36 PM, Chris said:

As there is no toggle for this function, I cannot change it. IB made this change during a previous update for reasons that I'm not privy of.

So, if I understand this correctly, the soonest we can hope for a fix is a massive grade update to the forum's software?

• 3 months later...

The problem seems to have been fixed on my part, now when i go to a PM chat it links me automatically to the last message posted.