Awoo.

Silver Fang / Ginga / Hopeanuoli

BlossomHaze

Has anyone here heard of Silver Fang - also known as Ginga (in Japan) or Hopeanuoli (in Finland)?

26872970240_30c519d5e5_m.jpg.90be4b6d869454b090cfd3f84c659144.jpg26542991483_6a6ed3c0f1_z.thumb.jpg.afee0f06788dd21b76f4ddad7deb64bd.jpg

To put it simply, it's a manga and anime series about dogs that fight bears in the Japanese wilderness. It was created by Yoshihiro Takahashi in the early 80's and spawned three sequel series and countless spin-off series. The manga's first edition had eighteen volumes while the anime had twenty-one episodes. It's gained crazy popularity in Finland, where they are now translating the third sequel series! Unfortunately, the series isn't officially in English, so only fan translations of both the manga (which I helped in Japanese-to-English translation) and anime are available.

Anyway, if this catches your interest and you haven't read or watched this series, I highly recommend it!

For those of you who have read/seen it, who is your favorite character? Least favorite character?
My favorite character is Kurotora, while my least favorite is Sniper.

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

I was meaning to get this franchise; however, I don't know where to start especially since I live in the US.

A great place to start, especially if you don't like a bunch of reading (the GNG manga is 18 volumes, while the GDW manga is a whopping 60 volumes), is the Ginga Nagareboshi Gin anime. You can find it on different anime hosting sites and a few places on Youtube. There are a few differences that happen in the manga but don't appear in the anime, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal if you're only in it for the better parts of the story.

• Thumbs Up 1