Awoo.

Where is Blaze the Cat?

Blueknight V2.0

Has anyone noticed that there has been a lack of Blaze the Cat appearances in the main Sonic series since Sonic Generations in 2011. Since 2011 we've had Sonic Lost World, Sonic Forces and Sonic Boom all of which Blaze has Not appeared in at all. For such a popular character in the series (and one of the best and more well received characters), not much appearances have been made outside of Sonic comics. Sonic Forces literally featured every character from Sonic Generations except Blaze and Cream, now if Sonic Mania and Forces were separate titles then we probably would've had Blaze playable in Forces instead of Classic Sonic. Now I didn't mind Classic Sonic in Generations, but in Forces he really isn't relevant, I mean he didn't even have a boss fight with Infinite. Now since Forces featured the Phantom Ruby affecting other Dimensions, they could have easily used that to bring Blaze in. Sonic Boom on the other hand has been around since 2014 with 2 seasons and 3 games and only had 3 returning Modern characters outside the main characters and included D-fekt who kind of like Boom's replacement of Silver, which I hope isn't the case. Anyways 2 seasons and no Blaze or Silver to be found. Now I don't know if they have something special for Blaze in the next Sonic game or Sonic Boom season 3 (Sonic Boom Fire & Ice would've been the perfect time to introduce Boom Blaze) or the Sonic 2019 movie, all I know is that there are random things going on centered around Blaze but they all don't realy seem to mean anything like the Blaze the Cat shirts in the official Sonic Youtube streams or this picture that was posted randomly by Sega/Sonic Twitter. I couldn't embed the Tweet here, so I posted the picture below. Also Blaze didn't even appear in Lego Dimensions Sonic Pack, so what do you guys think, why is Sega/Sonic Team under using a very popular Sonic character or is Sega bringing Blaze back in a way thats unexpected,maybe a Sonic Rush 3 or a Sonic Rush 3D remake?

DTMyOLGVwAAjOfH.jpg

Have there been that many examples of omission that's isolated to her or smaller than just the entire secondary cast since Generations aside from Forces?

Lost World certainly doesn't count as the roster for that was minimal, Boom went with the absolute favourites for a long time and only threw in a deviation near the end of season two of the show, Mario and Sonic had her, as did Runners. The only other omission I guess is its sequel, Runners Adventure. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

Blaze is in her home dimension, not being affected by things happening in an entirely different dimension.

7 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

now if Sonic Mania and Forces were separate titles then we probably would've had Blaze playable in Forces instead of Classic Sonic.

Why in the world would you think that? Nothing in Forces as we know it relates to Blaze in any way, and if they weren't using Classic but still wanted a third character they've already got a dozen or so characters around that wouldn't need to be pulled across dimensions to show up.

I mean, Blaze is one of my favorite characters in the series and I'd certainly like to see more of her...they just haven't been designing games where she'd fit in naturally lately.

• Thumbs Up 5

Blaze wasn't really conceived in a position that allows her to show up regularly. Like Knuckles, she has a set duty to guard the Sol Emeralds, so the plot would have to directly affect that to bring her in. But if that happens too often, it gets tiresome, and like Knuckles constantly losing/breaking the Master Emerald, it makes her look bad at her job. Its easy to write around I suppose, but it feels like it defeats the purpose of her character. And like Silver, being from another dimension gives her an additional degree of separation, both in how she'd even show up to begin with and how the game's plot affects her to begin with. And given how much SEGA's trimmed the cast as of late, I don't see her having a real appearance again (Forces didn't exactly make the best case to keep the expanded cast)

21 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Mario and Sonic had her, as did Runners.

I don't really count those because they weren't main series or fit in with the main continiuty. Because Mario and Sonic is a crossover game that is not part of the main Sonic storyline, Runners is more of a spin off if anything and both of those even included Sticks from Sonic Boom.

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I don't really count those because they weren't main series or fit in with the main continiuty. Because Mario and Sonic is a crossover game that is not part of the main Sonic storyline, Runners is more of a spin off if anything and both of those even included Sticks from Sonic Boom.

Honestly, I have no choice but to count those because if I didn't, the situation would be far worse for my favorite characters. Like Omega and young Charmy. My boy Vector gets a little more play nowadays but not really enough to supersede that dusty corner the extended cast has been shoved into as of late. Omega's confirmation for Forces was a miracle as far as I was concerned. I should have known I wasn't going to get a second one where he actually got to do something though.

I think they just cherry picked some characters, maybe gave a tiny bit of attention to detail with the prequel comics, said "Welp, we did our good deed for the story this decade. Time to pack it in" and then wrote the rest of the story out on a napkin before turning it in. Or something. I don't know. 

I know for a fact it wasn't because they cared about the integrity of Blaze's character and the narrative structure behind her position as guardian of the Sol Emera-Bwahahahaha~! 

Yeah no. They don't give a shit about that.

"Here, come to Sonic's birthday party. Have a cupcake. Also, you remember Crisis City for some reason. You were in 06 so that makes sense I guess right? Sure it does. Now go stand in the corner and make sure to wave those pom-poms for Sonic way up high kay?"

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 1

50 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Have there been that many examples of omission that's isolated to her or smaller than just the entire secondary cast since Generations aside from Forces?

Lost World certainly doesn't count as the roster for that was minimal, Boom went with the absolute favourites for a long time and only threw in a deviation near the end of season two of the show, Mario and Sonic had her, as did Runners. The only other omission I guess is its sequel, Runners Adventure. 

And even in Forces it wasn’t isolated to her. Cream, Tikal, Babylon Rogues, Big, Marine, and Sticks were also on siesta. 

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

And even in Forces it wasn’t isolated to her. Cream, Tikal, Babylon Rogues, Big, Marine, and Sticks were also on siesta. 

I mean, aside from Cream I doubt anyone expected any of those other characters to appear regardless of which game it was.

Marine especially is a character whose only appeared once...as a non-playable character... for a sequel title on a hand-held device back in the late 2000s. 

I mean... I think she got like a costume in the Olympics and a sticker in Smash Bros or something but so did Chip and the Werehog. Actually, Chip even got a trophy in Generations. 

I'm very neutral on Blaze, so I don't really miss her, but it really feels odd to leave her out considering her popularity. I'm sure they could fit her in somewhere - I mean, they fit Silver in Forces even though they didn't really need to.

For fudge sake... there was whole topic talking why Blaze wasn't in Forces.

And Chaotix, Rouge, Silver, Cream, Omega also weren't in Boom, Lost World, Lego Dimension.

There is nothing here to discuss.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

The extended cast should be saved up for either story or gameplay which demands them, or for cast-heavy spin-offs.  Trying to use them indiscriminately led to the "genre roulette" criticism of the Adventure era and was a factor in the crash of the series with '06.

Not every character needs to appear in every game.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

In the Sol Dimension.

Blaze came with a built-in reason as to why she doesn't show up that often and pretty good one too considering it actually played into her character.

Plus, she's arguably almost as overpowered as Shadow can be when he's not kept in check, so it's good that at least has that going for her.

Like I said, Blaze has the issue where like Knuckles the premise of her character (princess from another dimension tasked with guarding magic jewels) discourages her showing up despite how much of a fan-favorite she is. You see with Knuckles how they first had the Master Emerald get shattered and that they reused Eggman tricking him into fighting Sonic for the rivalry both have back then, then comes the series by 06 or Rivals where the ME/Angel Island is only hinted at (he even goes on a wild goose chase in Rivals 2).

I also said that in the event of a reboot, the makers would need to decide if Blaze/Silver/Knuckles are supposed to be in Sonic's posse as recurring friends of his or fixtures of his world who have their own struggles and enemies. I'm rather fond of the suggestion to make Knuckles more like his OVA version and have Tikal be Angel Island's guardian.

14 minutes ago, Mari the kitten said:

Blaze and Cream are my top two favourites, this is sad

I'm just concerned that Sega might abandon Blaze the Cat, like they did Mighty the Armadillo. But it's not very likely because most of the characters, especially the Modern ones tend to stick around after their introduction.

I would try defending that Blaze wasn't in Sonic Forces, due to being from another dimension that has no effect, but it's hard to defend that when you play the game, and start questioning why Silver was there? Despite the excuse that Silver went back in time to save the world, he really had no significance. He didn't change the course of history from going back, everything mostly felt like it rested on just Sonic, Classic Sonic, and Avatar. Everyone else in the game either felt forced, or not needed. With that excuse, it really makes you wonder why Blaze wasn't in the game regardless, they didn't put much thought into the other characters, so why leave Blaze out? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

6 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Despite the excuse that Silver went back in time to save the world, he really had no significance. He didn't change the course of history from going back, everything mostly felt like it rested on just Sonic, Classic Sonic, and Avatar.

Well his fight with Infinite did cause him to lose the Ruby Prototype, which apparently helped fight against the sun illusion.

19 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I would try defending that Blaze wasn't in Sonic Forces, due to being from another dimension that has no effect, but it's hard to defend that when you play the game, and start questioning why Silver was there? Despite the excuse that Silver went back in time to save the world, he really had no significance. He didn't change the course of history from going back, everything mostly felt like it rested on just Sonic, Classic Sonic, and Avatar. Everyone else in the game either felt forced, or not needed. With that excuse, it really makes you wonder why Blaze wasn't in the game regardless, they didn't put much thought into the other characters, so why leave Blaze out? 

They probably just forgot why they put Silver there. 

• Chuckle 1

Characters don't need to show up in every game. Blaze had the rush titles and 06 as a playable character, and she also got to show up in Generations over other characters like Big. It's not a big deal lmao. 

I feel bad for fans of characters like Big and Mighty, who have disappeared completely. I don't think Blaze is going anywhere. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I think that, despite her popularity, Sega acknowledges Blaze less than other characters. The top tier of relevance is:

Tier S: Sonic and Eggman

Tier A: Tails

Tier B: Knuckles and Amy

Tier C: Shadow and Metal Sonic

Tier D: Vector and Silver

This counts appearances, playable and NPC, Boom, merchandise, toys and plushes. I think Blaze comes after those, along with Orbot, Cubot, Espio and Charmy. After that there would be Rouge I guess. Hopefully Infinite becomes important too, in general, because he is popular and I'm really starting to like him, he didn't get a good treatment in Forces despite being the main antagonist (mostly for his exit scene).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Man Rouge doesn't even rank anymore?

There was a time when I would of thought her more relevant than Vector, Silver, and Metal at least, but then it's been... '06 since she's had much to do, and far longer since Sonic X, and Battle.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

She's where ever Shadow was for a large portion of sonic forces story, i'm assuming on some sort of beach vacation. 

21 hours ago, Dr. Jack said:

I think that, despite her popularity, Sega acknowledges Blaze less than other characters. The top tier of relevance is:

Tier S: Sonic and Eggman

Tier A: Tails

Tier B: Knuckles and Amy

Tier C: Shadow and Metal Sonic

Tier D: Vector and Silver

This counts appearances, playable and NPC, Boom, merchandise, toys and plushes. I think Blaze comes after those, along with Orbot, Cubot, Espio and Charmy. After that there would be Rouge I guess. Hopefully Infinite becomes important too, in general, because he is popular and I'm really starting to like him, he didn't get a good treatment in Forces despite being the main antagonist (mostly for his exit scene).

I think you are looking at wrong. 

Main character teir : Sonic and Eggman

The Crew Tier: Amy, Tails, Knuckles

Fan Favorites teir: Metal sonic,

People kind of like them tier: 2/3 Chaotix, Rouge, Blaze

They exist Tier: Cream, silver, blaze , Omega

Fuck em tier : Big The cat, Charmy ( depending on who you talk to various comic characters ) 

Shadow tier: Shadow. ( Why does shadow get his own teir, because he isn't a part of the squad, and is more popular than every other member of the squad and eggman. And is a figure while not in every game is constantly asked for and has been a weird presence in sonic since his conception. ) 

• Chuckle 1