Awoo.

LEGO The Incredibles 2 Video Game & Playsets (2018)

PickleBrows

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-16-lego-pixars-incredibles-dc-comics-villains-games-in-development

TT games are bringing Pixar to the LEGO game series with a LEGO'd Incredibles game coming this year!

There's not much to show at the moment but the Eurogamer article cites:

• The game will cover both Incredibles films
  • Nods to other Pixar franchises (I'd imagine this'll be done like the usual easter eggs in Pixar films rather than having other characters outright show up in person)

While there's not been a press release yet to fully confirm this, it does follow the since-removed catalogue leak back in August of last year which mentions both LEGO playsets for The Incredibles 2 and a Pixar-related video game. These playsets are now said to be launching in a similar time window to the video game.

This is absolutely not something I was expecting but it is should be a lot of fun! Definitely looking forward to seeing more!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Joy said:

TT games are brining Pixar to the LEGO game series

And now you have me imagining how humorously redundant as all hell a Lego take on the Toy Story series would be! XD!

• Chuckle 1

While I'd still very much like an overal Lego Disney/Pixar video game, this'll do very nicely ^^

1 minute ago, Ini Miney Jovahexeon said:

And now you have me imagining how humorously redundant as all hell a Lego take on the Toy Story series would be! XD!

"Would be"?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

"Would be"?

The mad men! They actually did It!

Anyway,  keen news about the Incredibles getting in on the LEGO action. 

Hmm,  I think I recall an as alleged leak of this project that was bundled with something else involved in the rumored leak. 

14 minutes ago, Joy said:

While there's not been a press release yet to fully confirm this, it does follow the since-removed catalogue leak back in August of last year which mentions both LEGO playsets for The Incredibles 2 and a Pixar-related video game.

Oh yeah. That's the one. I could've sworn there was another different property as well,  included in the info though.

Gee golly willikers, I sure can't wait for it to be the exact same lego game we've been getting 99% of the time since 2005 but with a different branded coat of paint! Seriously though, TT/WB Games should really stop shoving out twenty-billion formulaic, unpolished lego games a year and focus on doing only 1 or 2 titles a year that focus on overhauling and refining the ageing formula for the current year instead of just staying with the same old same old. Quality over quantity, y'know.

As for the sets, IIRC they're only Juniors ones so I'm not expecting anything stunning outta the builds. At least we'll get more figures though, so there's that.

32 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Curious about the roster, since the incredibles cast isn't all that large.

Same as well. Unless 2 has a crap ton of new characters. I feel toy story would’ve been the better starting point 

I'd imagine the extended cast of playable characters would most likely consist of other Supers from the "glory days" (Gaserbeam, Dynaguy, Stratogal etc.), whatever new characters show up in Incredibles 2, and... maybe a cameo character or two from another Pixar film? Oh, and possibly the films' directors too.

Other than that, it wouldn't surprise me if they filled the roster with piles upon piles of generic citizens and mooks from the films too. Like they tend to do in these games.

An Incredibles LEGO game? I'm all for it. Hope this does get confirmed because I would love to see any Pixar movie be done in the LEGO game style.

1 hour ago, Captain Metallix said:

I'd imagine the extended cast of playable characters would most likely consist of other Supers from the "glory days" (Gaserbeam, Dynaguy, Stratogal etc.), whatever new characters show up in Incredibles 2, and... maybe a cameo character or two from another Pixar film? Oh, and possibly the films' directors too.

Other than that, it wouldn't surprise me if they filled the roster with piles upon piles of generic citizens and mooks from the films too. Like they tend to do in these games.

Bomb Voyage or I'm out.

15 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Bomb Voyage or I'm out.

Oh, he's BOUND to be playable, should this game happen. Especially if he's a boss.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

Oh, he's BOUND to be playable, should this game happen. Especially if he's a boss.

Day One buy. 10/10 would recommend.

Bomb Voyage is best boy.

But seriously, this'll be fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ayliffe said:

Gee golly willikers, I sure can't wait for it to be the exact same lego game we've been getting 99% of the time since 2005 but with a different branded coat of paint! Seriously though, TT/WB Games should really stop shoving out twenty-billion formulaic, unpolished lego games a year and focus on doing only 1 or 2 titles a year that focus on overhauling and refining the ageing formula for the current year instead of just staying with the same old same old. Quality over quantity, y'know.

As for the sets, IIRC they're only Juniors ones so I'm not expecting anything stunning outta the builds. At least we'll get more figures though, so there's that.

Yeah, I honestly stopped caring after LEGO Marvel Superheroes... I still think the fist two LEGO Star Wars are the best of the whole lot.

Eh, Lego City shook things up a bit along with Dimensions, the Lego Ninjago movie changed up how stages were set up too, so this one may be a little more ambitious.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...